Not Impressed with Cardio Fighters

Valasquez was an awful example.. lol. Probably one of the most skileld / highest ceiling hws of all time. Who attained like 40% of it at best.

I agree with the overall point though.

What do you mean? 40% of his cardio potential, 40% of his overall potential?

While we're talking about streetlights... I got into one a couple of years ago, and it was hilariously sad.

Never been so fucking exhausted in my entire life afterwards... I was puking ffs... Whole thing didn't last more than 3 minutes either.

Nobody won... Think Tank Abbott fighting in his garden, and you're somewhere close.

<FutbolThink>
Forgot about Tank in the Garden with Ferrozo

I don’t like cardio fighters either. I like fighters that have just enough cardio to leave their opponents twitching while unconscious on the canvas after a nice punch or kick. That’s about all the cardio I think a fighter needs.

What do you mean? 40% of his cardio potential, 40% of his overall potential?
Cain was an anomaly

He embodied greatness out of the gate

Over time, I think DC peaked and surpassed his overall skillset.

If Cain kept on the progression, he could've been something special

But I feel that stopped before he could truly do something great with it

It's not that impressive when you outpace an old guy who hasn't been active. A cardio guy can easily expose an old washed up legend, who might still do decently in a slower paced fight.

Cain was an anomaly

He embodied greatness out of the gate

Over time, I think DC peaked and surpassed his overall skillset.

If Cain kept on the progression, he could've been something special

But I feel that stopped before he could truly do something great with it

yeah, anomoly for sure. We'll never see another HW like him, unless they get on the same regimen. I think his biggest problem is he didn't know how to moderate his training and blew every joint on his body out before he ever got to an event.

Looking at you Merab. Yeah, you beat Cejudo, congrats, but you lost on every judge's scorecard when you and Cejudo were both fresh.
Last I checked, cardio isn't a skill. No street fight has ever been won by cardio.
So keep being an "athlete," and turning the UFC into crossfit. Just don't go complaining when no casual ever pays to see you "fight."

GFaGZg.gif

There's a lot of aspects that go into someone's ability to fight, cardio being one of them. But let's be real, he didn't beat him in a HIIT circuit did he?

Reactions: mkt
Am I on ignore for you, or are you just treating me like all of Merab"s offense in round 1 and conveniently forgetting it?

Looks like my better cardio won me this internet fight.

Makes my record something like 450-0. Call me the Forum Rickson
I totally missed this post.

Yessir it looks like Frogman tapped out twice in his own thread.

Congrats on a victory to you too @Mohawk Banditó

<RomeroSalute>

This is absolutely, positively untrue. A great many street fights have been lost due to gassing in the first thirty seconds.
True in street fights, true in boxing (rope-a-dope anyone?), true in MMA since UFC 1 when Zane Frazier gassed and allegedly had an asthma attack and Kevin Rosier, who was taking a beating, turned the tables and TKO'd him.

Yes, I'm sure someone like you with 80,000 posts on an internet forum has more street fighting experience than someone like me, who is too busy living life to post more than occasionally over the years.
What do you do, post internet comments in between street fights?

Lmao this dude is too busy getting in street fights to post on teh dawg

While we're talking about streetlights... I got into one a couple of years ago, and it was hilariously sad.

Never been so fucking exhausted in my entire life afterwards... I was puking ffs... Whole thing didn't last more than 3 minutes either.

Nobody won... Think Tank Abbott fighting in his garden, and you're somewhere close.

<FutbolThink>
Tank has a garden??

Rather have that than a no cardio fighter who looks like a drunk average joe swangin' at the local bar.

Back