Not Impressed with Cardio Fighters

FeelingFroggy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looking at you Merab. Yeah, you beat Cejudo, congrats, but you lost on every judge's scorecard when you and Cejudo were both fresh.
Last I checked, cardio isn't a skill. No street fight has ever been won by cardio.
So keep being an "athlete," and turning the UFC into crossfit. Just don't go complaining when no casual ever pays to see you "fight."

GFaGZg.gif

I've never been a fan of grinding wrestlers. Its an anti-fight style.

Merab has finished 1/12 of his opponents... The idea of him becoming a champ and having to watch 25 minutes of smothering jars me.

"Yeah, but he's sooooo funny"...

<Prem973>

They can be lost by complete lack of conditioning. Not the same as being won by cardio.

Look, it shows you've never been in fights, that's a good thing, I'm happy for you, but don't talk out of your ass.

If you've fought someone for more than like a minute, that's fucking tiring. For a fit fucker as well.

Its not street fighting. People who compare mma to street fighting see what they want to see. Mma fighters know when fight begin, they know who they fight, they have timit limits, rules and doctors. They dont fight against group of people. They dont carry weapons.

Cardio is very important when male challenge another male in nature.
Cardio is trained when men prepare for war. Its important in competition from chess to wrestling.

Enough people like and respect the man. I do, but we fan each like who or what we want. I’ve never seen anything like Merab before.

After making a mistake in round one. He totally controlled rounds 2, and 3. It’s not easy to give up round 1.Because you have to win the last 2. That’s it, that’s all.

That is Yan’s biggest problem, imo. You can’t give round one away. Or it could bite you in the ass.

But I wasn’t worried, not really. If he’s not your cup of tea. That’s fine. But he’s really good. And seems like a quality individual, imo. He had Mexican Americans in CA cheering more for him than a Mexican American fighter.

Look, it shows you've never been in fights, that's a good thing, I'm happy for you, but don't talk out of your ass.

If you've fought someone for more than like a minute, that's fucking tiring. For a fit fucker as well.
Your comments show you've never been in a street fight, that's a good thing and I'm happy for you.
A minute of street fighting is tiring, but if there is no clear winner, we don't fight for another 15 minutes until the guy with the better cardio can "win."
Stop talking out of your ass, since watching UFC is clearly your only exposure to "fighting."

Looking at you Merab. Yeah, you beat Cejudo, congrats, but you lost on every judge's scorecard when you and Cejudo were both fresh.
Last I checked, cardio isn't a skill. No street fight has ever been won by cardio.
So keep being an "athlete," and turning the UFC into crossfit. Just don't go complaining when no casual ever pays to see you "fight."

GFaGZg.gif
Not only an incredibly dumb sentiment, but also poorly analyzed. He lost the round because of one punch that didn't knock him out, when he was otherwise better. So how does "score" mean Cejudo was better when Cejudo couldn't win the fight in those 5 minutes either? How well does NOT knocking your opponent out go in a "street fight."

A minute of street fighting is tiring, but if there is no clear winner, we don't fight for another 15 minutes until the guy with the better cardio can "win."
No, it apparently gets judged on points, according to you. Please tell us all about the street fight judges, oh ghetto master

Stop talking out of your ass, since watching UFC is clearly your only exposure to "fighting."
And this forum looks like your only exposure to "thoughts"

Last edited:
I will always be impressed by yet another way of winning (except for breaking the rules). Even Elias Theodorou, PBUH, and his point-kicky style.

Doesn't guarantee I'll be interested, but I will be impressed.

Your comments show you've never been in a street fight, that's a good thing and I'm happy for you.
You are clearly the one talking out of your ass. You have never been in a street fight. It is painfully obvious.

You are clearly talking out of your ass. You have never been in a street fight.

Yes, I'm sure someone like you with 80,000 posts on an internet forum has more street fighting experience than someone like me, who is too busy living life to post more than occasionally over the years.
What do you do, post internet comments in between street fights?

Yes, I'm sure someone like you with 80,000 posts on an internet forum has more street fighting experience than someone like me, who is too busy living life to post more than occasionally over the years.
Did you get into a lot of bar fights when you were young or have a troubled childhood? Please share

Man I wasn't trying to talk you down, there's no need at all for you to try and act manly with me. Fights I've been in were sloppy idiots who had too much to drink or bored lowlives jumping me in a parking lot. It's nothing to brag about nor it will get you dames, so you're good even if you don't fight, you're fine, you're still a dude with testicles and all. Chill out, will you?

GFaGZg.gif
Lots of street fights get won by superior cardio

If we're talking about genuinely trained fighters and this were a fight to the death

You'd be surprised how often It would come down to just straight up outlasting your opponent.

Back