Not Impressed with Cardio Fighters

Oof... I love watching fighters with gas tanks compete -- watching them break their opponents is poetry in motion to me. I guess it isn't for everyone, but cardio is one of the most effective tools for the sport. Cardio will turn a black belt into a white belt when used effectively. It's also fun to watch cardio fighters against dangerous opponents to see if they can weather the storm.

Yes, I'm sure someone like you with 80,000 posts on an internet forum has more street fighting experience than someone like me, who is too busy living life to post more than occasionally over the years.
What do you do, post internet comments in between street fights?
It’s not the quantity of posts that matters, it’s the content and its obvious from your posts that you don’t have any idea what you’re taking about. Fact.

Looking at you Merab. Yeah, you beat Cejudo, congrats, but you lost on every judge's scorecard when you and Cejudo were both fresh.
Last I checked, cardio isn't a skill. No street fight has ever been won by cardio.
So keep being an "athlete," and turning the UFC into crossfit. Just don't go complaining when no casual ever pays to see you "fight."

GFaGZg.gif
Proving to the entire site you know absolutely nothing about MMA or street fighting. Congrats

I've never been a fan of grinding wrestlers. Its an anti-fight style.

Merab has finished 1/12 of his opponents... The idea of him becoming a champ and having to watch 25 minutes of smothering jars me.

"Yeah, but he's sooooo funny"...

<Prem973>

Exactly. Its selfish.

Facts.

Same reason I can't stand wrestlers, and think they're bad for MMA. The type who just hold you and don't submit or do any damage... that's not fighting. Yeah it's uncomfortable and it's a skill, but it's not fighting. And it's fkn boring.

Punching. Kicking. Choking. Kneeing. Elbowing. This is fighting.

even if you don't like that style, it's still exciting to see how people beat them. it's not easy to beat someone you know most likely will be in better shape the longer the fight goes on. to develop a gameplan to take that person out quickly when he knows you want to do exactly that is the interesting part of the fight game for me.

Looking at you Merab. Yeah, you beat Cejudo, congrats, but you lost on every judge's scorecard when you and Cejudo were both fresh.
Last I checked, cardio isn't a skill. No street fight has ever been won by cardio.
So keep being an "athlete," and turning the UFC into crossfit. Just don't go complaining when no casual ever pays to see you "fight."

GFaGZg.gif

You're giving him shit because Cejudo had 1 round cardio?

Oof... I love watching fighters with gas tanks compete -- watching them break their opponents is poetry in motion to me. I guess it isn't for everyone, but cardio is one of the most effective tools for the sport. Cardio will turn a black belt into a white belt when used effectively. It's also fun to watch cardio fighters against dangerous opponents to see if they can weather the storm.

one thousand percent

some of my favourite fights are people breaking the will of someone with pace

Gillespie vs Diego Ferreira comes to mind

one thousand percent

some of my favourite fights are people breaking the will of someone with pace

Gillespie vs Diego Ferreira comes to mind
Gillespie used to be my favorite dude to watch. I just never got the idea he cared much for the sport despite his success. I hope he's doing well fishing and whatnot. He wrestled against us when I was wrestling in college still.

Gillespie used to be my favorite dude to watch. I just never got the idea he cared much for the sport despite his success. I hope he's doing well fishing and whatnot. He wrestled against us when I was wrestling in college still.

Agreed and it was frustrating watching him sit out/not getting any fights during his prime years when you see all that potential but yeah he really seems to be content and happy anyways which you can only be happy about.

He must've been a handful on the mats

I don't like it when it's just better than average cardio, but when guys like Merab or Diaz bros just up the pace and swarm its different. Most cardio guys just put the throttle a little more than their opponent or hope that their opponent is a power puncher who winds themselves. Guys like Merab can drown the guys with the best cardio.

Agreed and it was frustrating watching him sit out/not getting any fights during his prime years when you see all that potential but yeah he really seems to be content and happy anyways which you can only be happy about.

He must've been a handful on the mats
Yeah he was a stud for sure. I wrestled far above his weight class, but he went to war a couple times with my teammate Chase Pami, who now corners UFC fighters and is oftentimes seen and mentioned on broadcasts. What's funny is that Gregor wasn't much of a takedown guy in college -- he was more well known for his top game. I feel his takedowns improved after his wrestling career. I'm glad he at least gave us some gems to look back at and watch from time to time.

This may rank as one of, if not the most idiotic threads Ive ever seen in Sherdog.
I’ve literally shelled up in street fights letting bigger opponents swing countless haymakers into my guard and the air until they’re huffing and puffing. Then I open up with calculated strikes, cutting angles and mixing kicks in till they either quit or hit the deck.
1/10 thread and you should really consider saving yourself the embarrassment and refrain from thread starting in the future.

You've managed to sound even more ridiculous than this Frog dork. Which is quite an achievement.

Were people betting against you, Lionheart?

You've managed to sound even more ridiculous than this Frog dork. Which is quite an achievement.

Were people betting against you, Lionheart?
Except for not being French, having served in the foreign Legion, having a brother who is burnt to death in a drug deal, or having a black manager, Lionheart was based off of my early teens because I once fought in an empty pool at a skate park.
Oh, and back then, the name was Tiger Balls and smart money was always on me.. 😉

Except for not being French, having served in the foreign Legion, having a brother who is burnt to death in a drug deal, or having a black manager, Lionheart was based off of my early teens because I once fought in an empty pool at a skate park.
Oh, and back then, the name was Tiger Balls and smart money was always on me.. 😉
zWB8YSQTQVkNyzxJAO.webp

Just out of interest, why did you throw the black manager into that, Tiger Balls?

Back