Social Not gonna lie... this isn't that bad

This has been good for me honestly. It’s giving me time to slow down, do some self reflection and fix some issues with myself and my life. Getting laid off my part time job has allowed me to do that. But now I’m getting $1000 a week unemployment (what I made working) and getting to concentrate on what I do full time, daytrade. And there are so many opportunities in the market right now.

I live in the mountains.. so I’m still getting to enjoy what I did during most of my free time anyways.. Hiking, Biking, Home Improvements, Chopping wood and burning shit.. also getting to spend more time with my family.

I hope all thy SherBrethen are having it as good as me. The time off is definitely what I needed.

Oh, and no barbershop is a real pain. Luckily, I'm not going out any dates or taking photos
True, but haircuts are another thing I'm saving money on. I may eventually give myself an "okay" buzzcut with my clippers. If it's not perfect at least I wasn't going anywhere anyway. Worst case I can wear a hat, I'm not going to work it a professional setting.
<Fedor23>

I'd hate to be some 24 year old who goes out every weekend or has to be doing something somewhere to be seen.

People need to learn to be in their own company. My sister in laws are like that, they're uncomfortable in their own skin!

It's strange to me that I spend most of my time at home but now it feels like torture.

I went to the store to stock up like a week ago and I was expecting the stores to be completely empty and swarmed with customers.

Instead everything was organized in a nice neat line, everyone was in good spirits, and the only things they didn't have were hand sanitizer, paper goods, and normal spaghetti (still plenty of the veggie and whole grain shit left). I even grabbed up some fast food on the way home. Capitalism fucking rules.

My Sunday big shop was pleasant for the first time in a long time. Asda was empty, it was great.

Main issues for me is I can’t go train and I can’t see my family. The family thing has been real hard on my wife she sees her parents damn near every week.

I don't mind social distancing one bit and think they should keep it after this all blows over. This really hasn't affected anything I do and as long as people are still buying houses I don't mind hunkering down and not interacting with other disgusting humans. :)

Main issues for me is I can’t go train and I can’t see my family. The family thing has been real hard on my wife she sees her parents damn near every week.

Yeah this is the worst part. Even if the numbers are starting to go down, I still don't know when I'll be able to go see my mom.

The gym and sports are really the only two things I miss badly. No March Madness Tournament and possibly no NBA Playoffs this year. Me and the boys usually get together at Buffalo Wild Wings for those things. Oh, and no barbershop is a real pain. Luckily, I'm not going out any dates or taking photos

Yeah, I haven't filled up on gas either in like a month which is crazy. I don't do too much driving as is but it's still pretty strange

Video games, reading, binge watching shows, and working out at home while going for runs has kept my sanity. I'd hate to be some 24 year old who goes out every weekend or has to be doing something somewhere to be seen.

this
I actually got a raise at my job when this started, and since I'm not going out I'm not spending as much money
no barbershop, no gym, no sports is about it

Disclaimer: I understand the damage this virus has caused from an epidemiological perspective, from a financial perspective, etc. I'm not downplaying anyone's suffering, just talking about myself.

This quarantine hasn't really fazed me. In fact, many aspects of it are pleasant.

• I don't have to get up super early for work. I have some routine meetings on Zoom here and there, do work on the computer and all in my damn PJs with a cup of coffee.

• I'm saving a crapload of money on gas. Think about it, when was the last time you had to fill up on gas? And when I do, it's now super cheap and few if any other cars at the station.

• There's no traffic anywhere. Seriously, this has to be the best part! People are overconsumptious and can't sit tf still for 5 g*d damn minutes. Everyone's running to and fro to BUY BUY BUY! This seemed like a reality check and people are learning some things aren't as important as they thought.

• I actually value my solitude. I know everyone's freaking about about "oH mY gAwD, I cAn'T gO oUt AnD sEe PeOpLe!" I'm like, grow up... to me it's a gift. The less folks you gotta deal with the less bullshit. Besides, I have my Sherbros to talk to. :)

13e.jpg

Actual Photo of user:Alphaboy

Of course there are annoying aspects still like the stores STILL not having f*ckin toilet paper (seriously stores, get your shit together by now... fuck!) but overall I think humanity needs a nice wake up call once in a while. We bicker and bitch over trivial stuff but this virus has showed us how petty we are. No matter your race, religion, socioeconomic class, age, gender, etc. anyone can be affected by it.

Is anyone else not really too phased by this?
The fact that this is the 4th or 5th thread on this aspect of this pandemic speaks volumes. I created a thread approx. 3 weeks ago titled "Did we need this respite?". It didn't take off, but several other similar threads have popped up over the last couple of weeks.

Maybe it's just the more optimistic ones creating these threads?

Either way, every thread has demonstrated respect for those fallen as a result of this virus, and in turn have pointed out to the potential silver lining(s) in all of this.

We were not Created with the spirit of fear.

I will say though that I have friends who are small buisness owners, and a couple friends who own restaurarnts that to varying degrees are panicking about not being able to rebound at the end of this

Yeah, I'm totally loving non-rush hour traffic all day long!

This is me at 5:30pm on a weekday evening.
tumblr_oxbowzfo5s1rqz9syo4_400.gif

Fml I’m still working full time and overtime but also dealing with this bullshit and keeping my people safe with PPEs and testing for arrestees and everything.

And no childcare for my toddler.

but at least I’m not in healthcare. I do feel sorry for those people.

This is pretty shit overall. A lot of good people hurt, health wise and financially.

But the not having to deal with people is one bright spot

Disclaimer: I understand the damage this virus has caused from an epidemiological perspective, from a financial perspective, etc. I'm not downplaying anyone's suffering, just talking about myself.

This quarantine hasn't really fazed me. In fact, many aspects of it are pleasant.

• I don't have to get up super early for work. I have some routine meetings on Zoom here and there, do work on the computer and all in my damn PJs with a cup of coffee.

• I'm saving a crapload of money on gas. Think about it, when was the last time you had to fill up on gas? And when I do, it's now super cheap and few if any other cars at the station.

• There's no traffic anywhere. Seriously, this has to be the best part! People are overconsumptious and can't sit tf still for 5 g*d damn minutes. Everyone's running to and fro to BUY BUY BUY! This seemed like a reality check and people are learning some things aren't as important as they thought.

• I actually value my solitude. I know everyone's freaking about about "oH mY gAwD, I cAn'T gO oUt AnD sEe PeOpLe!" I'm like, grow up... to me it's a gift. The less folks you gotta deal with the less bullshit. Besides, I have my Sherbros to talk to. :)

13e.jpg

Of course there are annoying aspects still like the stores STILL not having f*ckin toilet paper (seriously stores, get your shit together by now... fuck!) but overall I think humanity needs a nice wake up call once in a while. We bicker and bitch over trivial stuff but this virus has showed us how petty we are. No matter your race, religion, socioeconomic class, age, gender, etc. anyone can be affected by it.

I agree with you. Our restaurant is takeout so less stresfull. Orders go immediately to take out box and not dealing with different types of plates and serving difficult to deal with customers. Grateful to make a bit of money still despite the circumstance. Server stays far away from customers and we are in the kitchen. Safe place to work.

Meditation is nice and tons of it is better. Madness has stopped. This might be a catalyst towards an attitude towards gratitude. Also this cunt of a man I know who starts shit and is always broke won't get humbled but the likes of him need a good kick in the dick anyways.

13e.jpg

It all depends on your situation. For me it's fine as I still get paid the same amount yet go to work less so I'm saving on gas just like you. I also have been trying to shop less to avoid corona as much as possible so we're cleaning out the pantry and deep freeze thus in a way saving on food as well because some of that shit has been in there forever. The hard part for me is my son is almost seven months old and hasn't seen my parents or inlaws in like a month and it's hard for me to keep him away from them but it's the smart thing to do especially considering I work at the airport and our parents are in their 60s so pushing on high risk.

To be honest i feel the same way, but i realise i'm lucky to be in a situation like this. For some people this is a nightmare.

Apart from one or two minor things my life has actually improved a little. I don't like to go out that much anyway, now there's almost no reason to go out. I have a little backyard where i can work out every day outside. I've always worked from home anyway so that hasn't been effected.

Then i've noticed things like the sky clearing up where i live, pollution and traffic being way down.

So this is a terrible situation and i hope we all get out of it soon, but for me personally it hasn't been bad.

Being a peeping tom has improved ten fold now that we know everyone is stuck at home.

Go on …..

I feel the TS on this one. We're doing pretty well, working from home, some small snags but some huge upside.

I miss kickboxing and swinning, but I've started yoga and pushups/situps and so on.

Not fucking the wife enough b/c we live in a small Toronto house and the kids stay up late now.

Been enjoying more and different p0rn though …. anyone ever hear of Futanari?

Fml I’m still working full time and overtime but also dealing with this bullshit and keeping my people safe with PPEs and testing for arrestees and everything.

And no childcare for my toddler.

but at least I’m not in healthcare. I do feel sorry for those people.
I wouldn't feel too bad for them...I can see some pay reform coming for that field in the not-so-distant future.

Back