Social Not gonna lie... this isn't that bad

I wouldn't feel too bad for them...I can see some pay reform coming for that field in the not-so-distant future.
Fuuuuu... one of my deputies has COVID-19. Literally just found out. And his girlfriend is an ER nurse.

I don’t feel too bad for anyone working I guess. My worry is mainly for their vulnerable family members. I have a toddler and my mother has lots of health issues as she’s had MS for like 30 years.

I do feel bad for people made sick by the disease and those struggling financially as well.

Fuuuuu... one of my deputies has COVID-19. Literally just found out. And his girlfriend is an ER nurse.

I don’t feel too bad for anyone working I guess. My worry is mainly for their vulnerable family members. I have a toddler and my mother has lots of health issues as she’s had MS for like 30 years.

I do feel bad for people made sick by the disease and those struggling financially as well.
I completely agree...just trying to put a positive spin on their field.

Be safe, Brotha!

Yea, I think I'm better adjusted for this apocalyptic world (just like Negan from TWD).

Went to the supermarket the other day, and there was a long line, they were limiting the number of people who could go in at a time. Since I hate lines I almost left but decided to stay and the line wasn't too bad.

When I went there it was like the best shopping experience ever. Due to the limited entries at a time the aisles were mainly clear, I didn't have to worry about obnoxious people ramming me or shoving past me. And best of all, there was no ridiculously long check out line, I got my waiting out of the way.

I can get used to this.

Going to an office is overrated as fck.

If this pandemia show us something, is that there is no reason to travel 1 hr in order to be in a 20' meeting.
It just things we are used to do it but never think "Isn't a better way to do this?"
Hey! my fellow countryman! How is quarantine treating you?

I actually enjoy the global economy having shut down.
No more frenetic cities.
Air is amazingly pure and clean.
Animals are walking in the streets, looking at humans in friendly manner.

Maybe just maybe the "system" is the problem, not the virus?

BTW yes... this quarantine is exposing a lot of things. What is necessary, what we think it's necessary but actually isn't and what is a complete waste of time and money.

I feel bad for people who is badly struggling with money tho. This caught a lot of people completely unprepared.

I actually enjoy the global economy having shut down.
No more frenetic cities.
Air is amazingly pure and clean.
Animals are walking in the streets, looking at humans in friendly manner.

Maybe just maybe the "system" is the problem, not the virus?
Yeah.. the world is pretty fucked up and most people are lost in spending money in shit they don't need. The planet is being utterly destroyed because of that.

People cry for the economy but after all this crap we should find a new way because the current one is not working at all.

Yeah.. the world is pretty fucked up and most people are lost in spending money in shit they don't need. The planet is being utterly destroyed because of that.

People cry for the economy but after all this crap we should find a new way because the current one is not working at all.

One beautiful thing that happened in my city due to confinement and economy stopping...is a renewed sense of bond among the people. All of the sudden, people start cooperating again, instead of being cold. People even have talk with the clerk at supermarket now, asking "how are you guys doing" "how can we help" etc.

Honestly it reminds me of the situation like in a war. In times of crisis, it really reinforces the human bonds lost in the selfish consumer society where its always me me me me me.

One beautiful thing that happened in my city due to confinement and economy stopping...is a renewed sense of bond among the people. All of the sudden, people start cooperating again, instead of being cold. People even have talk with the clerk at supermarket now, asking "how are you guys doing" "how can we help" etc.

Honestly it reminds me of the situation like in a war. In times of crisis, it really reinforces the human bonds lost in the selfish consumer society where its always me me me me me.

Strange. While I agree that there have been some collateral benefits to this, I don't see human interaction as one of them.

If anything people are distant and regard every stranger as a leper now. While this is understandable, things like hoarding and panic buying exposed the nastier parts of human nature.

Yea, I think I'm better adjusted for this apocalyptic world (just like Negan from TWD).

Went to the supermarket the other day, and there was a long line, they were limiting the number of people who could go in at a time. Since I hate lines I almost left but decided to stay and the line wasn't too bad.

When I went there it was like the best shopping experience ever. Due to the limited entries at a time the aisles were mainly clear, I didn't have to worry about obnoxious people ramming me or shoving past me. And best of all, there was no ridiculously long check out line, I got my waiting out of the way.

I can get used to this.

My local supermarket has switched to that. I saw a long ass line outside of it when i went there yesterday, and figured i didn't have enough time to be stuck in that line since i wanted to do some shopping during my work from home lunch break, but had a Teams meeting less than a hour later.
Good to know that the line should move fairly quickly.

But back to the original post, i've had no issues adapting. But i'm anti-social to begin with, so this is like a breath of fresh air. I do miss some of the women at work, hopefully they're watching their diets working from home and don't come back to the office fat, lol.

I saw a long ass line outside of it when i went there yesterday, and figured i didn't have enough time to be stuck in that line since i wanted to do some shopping during my work from home lunch break, but had a Teams meeting less than a hour later.
Good to know that the line should move fairly quickly.

This is coming from someone who despises long lines. They let in a chunk of people at a time so it moves kinda quickly. Also, people are a bit more spread apart when waiting so it looks a bit longer than it actually is.

But back to the original post, i've had no issues adapting. But i'm anti-social to begin with, so this is like a breath of fresh air.

Same here. It seems to be extroverts who have no personality if they aren't in the middle of a crowd that are shitting their pants.

I agree. I wonder how many (if any) companies after this will think: "I guess we don't need to come in the office every day to work." I'm not complaining about having to drive in though, one is fortunate to have a job during these times. I do enjoy staying home though :D

I hope a LOT . . . and I hope mine is one of them.

I've put in longer days since I started teleworking back on March 18, but I'm okay with that since I'm doing it from home.

I will say though that I have friends who are small buisness owners, and a couple friends who own restaurarnts that to varying degrees are panicking about not being able to rebound at the end of this

Those are the folks I most worry about. My brother is a dentist and can only see emergency patients for the moment. Hopefully things will get back to normal (or somewhat normal) quickly and he can start seeing more patients.

My BIL is also a small business owner (does dirt work for folks) and hopefully he can get back to work too.

Nothing has changed for me

Except no sports

Still work 4 days a week..5 if i pick up OT

I was active duty Navy for 4 years and I’ve spent well over a year of my life confined to a ship out to sea, so this is easy for me. The worst part of this is listening to people on social media complaining about how tough it is having to stay inside their homes.

I was active duty Navy for 4 years and I’ve spent well over a year of my life confined to a ship out to sea, so this is easy for me. The worst part of this is listening to people on social media complaining about how tough it is having to stay inside their homes.

I'm perfectly fine staying home . . . only issue is that I wish I we were already moved out of our current place an onto some retirement property with more land.

I'm perfectly fine staying home . . . only issue is that I wish I we were already moved out of our current place an onto some retirement property with more land.

Im still having to work, but I can get on board with that. I’d love to live on a property where I could go out back and go shooting.

<36>

Also... Hespect! <RomeroSalute>

I am loving the extra three hours a day I get from no longer commuting. I have more energy, time to do more of the things I enjoy, and best of all, sleep more. The wifey is more frisky now that she is no longer dead tired from work, commute, and taking care of a toddler.

And although working from home has its advantages, I couldn't go completely remote. I feel like being conpletely remote has created some barriers to communication. Also, before if I had a rough day, I could come home and shake it off. With no line to differentiate home and office I am finding that harder to do. Not being able to go to the gym and my kid not interacting with other kids sucks.

Overall slight net positive and I hope this leads to employers being more flexible with WFH, but in the end I can't wait for us to go back to normal.

Back