• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not enough Bendo/Nate discussion!!

oxyjon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think this fight is being overlooked by a lot of you. It's the gosh darn LW championship lets get talkin. IMO we're looking at a Bendo UD which would piss me off but is more probable... or a sickass Diaz finish. Either way im excited for every fight on this card. Whatchu folks think?

Last edited:
Dude we've been talking are asses off. Use the search function:D

There will be a sh*tstorm after this fight I feel.. This is just the calm before the storm. BUt I agree, it is not getting the talk I thought it would.

I think a lot of people are just expecting a boring UD by Bendo and his last 2 fights have been pretty boring.

Nate Diaz brings excitement to this fight for me, after he beats Bendo it will be interesting to see who wants to face Diaz next.

Diaz by armbar! he was doing a lot of different armbar positions at the open workouts so that's my prediction.

There will be a sh*tstorm after this fight I feel.. This is just the calm before the storm. BUt I agree, it is not getting the talk I thought it would.

Agree about potential shitstorm. especially with all the 209 lovers. Im just hoping for some excitement

I think Bendo via Decision is the most likely thing to happen, but not because his fights are boring... his fights are awesome but he's hard to finish!

I hope someone wins by sub. I like both guys so it will be fun to watch.

I think Bendo via Decision is the most likely thing to happen, but not because his fights are boring... his fights are awesome but he's hard to finish!

I hope someone wins by sub. I like both guys so it will be fun to watch.

His first edgar fight was watchable but the second one? It struggled to fill half the event and the PPV numbers were deplorable (190K). People didn't want to watch and it was a boring fight.

Even the Cerrone fight from WEC people talk up with him.... the only thing that made that fight interesting is that he gassed and couldn't Lay n Pray for the last 2.5 rounds.

When I saw Benson against Edgar it looked like a man vs a child and he still barely won a decision. I hope he either steps his game up and stops point fighting or Diaz just annihilates him. The people want dominant champions.

I think that there are serious legitimacy issues at lightweight. Even if Diaz were to win or Bendo to defend I am confident that there are several other contenders that could win the belt.

To me, the whole division is too stacked and there is no real champion.

In regards to the TS, I believe that legitimacy is at the heart of people not talking about the fight as much as they should. Not everyone is sold on either of these fighters as the true champ.

His first edgar fight was watchable but the second one? It struggled to fill half the event and the PPV numbers were deplorable (190K). People didn't want to watch and it was a boring fight.

Even the Cerrone fight from WEC people talk up with him.... the only thing that made that fight interesting is that he gassed and couldn't Lay n Pray for the last 2.5 rounds.

When I saw Benson against Edgar it looked like a man vs a child and he still barely won a decision. I hope he either steps his game up and stops point fighting or Diaz just annihilates him. The people want dominant champions.

^ This

I like bendo and not a fan of the Diaz brothers but I see Bendo getting destroyed. My prediction is 2nd round, RNC. I don't think Bendo will be successful against Diaz aggression.

i want nate to win but ben doesn't get submitted unless he has a gi on. so its a decision, and, with leg kicks, i see him taking it unfortunately.

Bendo is going down! His wrestling advantage will not be enough. Diaz is much more well rounded.

Bendo vs Edgar was no shock to me when it was UD, both fighters usually are point fighters.

Bendo vs Nate though would be different, I think the fact Nate likes to push and bring it will suit Bendo striking style. I can see alot of kicks coming from Bendo and numbing Nate legs. Bendo could easily keep this fight standing up if he wants to.

Bendo vs Edgar was no shock to me when it was UD, both fighters usually are point fighters.

Bendo vs Nate though would be different, I think the fact Nate likes to push and bring it will suit Bendo striking style. I can see alot of kicks coming from Bendo and numbing Nate legs. Bendo could easily keep this fight standing up if he wants to.

You think Bendo with his 6inch reach disadvantage and 3 inch height disadvantage is going to tool Diaz with his striking, even though Nate is one of the best boxers at LW?

Interesting to say the least, I've never seen Bendo have good standup. I think he is going to get Jim Millered in the standup, eat a few shots then he will attempt to take Nate down, he may succeed but he will likely just push him onto the fence where he will be surprised at the strength of Diaz as he circles away to continue the boxing.

Back