Not doing too well.

A house, a car or whatever material possessions aren't going to bring you happiness.

Also why'd you care if other people respect you or not? If someone is disgusting enough to look down on you just because you're poor then is that someone that you should be trying to get the approval of?

Why are you tormenting yourself all to get the respect of shallow immoral people? So you can climb the ladder and eventually become one of them looking down on people like you?

You need to change the way you look at things.

Also if you need help reach out to your family, you're not doing a good thing by making their child suffer in silence.

Good luck out there sherbro.

WQhat would be the average time for an employer to call you back after an interview anyone know?

Look up Black soldier fly farming, turn other people's waste into a protein cash crop.

It's actually brilliant. Nice to see a bit of eco outside the box thinking. Must be better as a fertilizer than our current chemical shit, right? Plus it can be used as feed for our livestock...

WQhat would be the average time for an employer to call you back after an interview anyone know?

I was told straight after my first one that I was too inexperienced, straight after the drive. The second one, I refused after getting the answer over the parking charge.

A house, a car or whatever material possessions aren't going to bring you happiness.

Also why'd you care if other people respect you or not? If someone is disgusting enough to look down on you just because you're poor then is that someone that you should be trying to get the approval of?

Why are you tormenting yourself all to get the respect of shallow immoral people? So you can climb the ladder and eventually become one of them looking down on people like you?

You need to change the way you look at things.

Also if you need help reach out to your family, you're not doing a good thing by making their child suffer in silence.

Good luck out there sherbro.

I don't consider myself to be particularly materialistic, but I am big on experiences. I want to travel, a lot. I want to see the world, and get away from the miserable atmosphere that the UK tends to have right now. Also, the work/life balance for people seems to be crap, and I don't see it getting better. It affects people.

I don't want to tell my family about it. I don't want to waste anymore time feeling terrible. I'm trying to invest for a better life, but sometimes things seem dark. Just a wave to be ridden, I guess, but I don't want to be thinking the same thoughts and regrets years down the line.

All the best mate.

It's not a mentality mate. If it was something that I could just think around and move past, I would have done it by now. I just don't feel passion for much, and I just don't see anything positive around me. Thing is, that whilst I know that my head isn't often great, I also know that there are practical problems in my life. I just can't seem to solve them without just throwing everything in the air and saying "fuck it all" and walking away. I'm tempted to do what Stephen Fry did in the early 90s, just walk away from it all and bugger off to France.

In all honesty, you are not alone. Two years plus of draconian lock down measures and government tyranny. Worse in Canada, Australia, and some other places. Keep moving. Exercise. Run. Do a Martial arts. Get active.

It could be bloody worse. I know more than a dozen people who got rekt by the experimental drug. I've seen true evil.

Take a walk through your local emergency room or ICU. Walk through a child's hospital. Mate, this life can get dark real fast. Gratitude goes a long way. Start there. Appreciate what you got. Keep moving towards the life you want.

My diet? I'm not a health nut but I eat rather well. I took a break from exercising because I was focused on other things, but I've gotten back into it recently, and I sleep well unless I'm working that first morning shift.

I'm glad that things are working out for you. I hope that my life can follow a similar path.

We were trapped in a draconian lock down measures. Truckers were arrested. There's absurd amounts of people injured and very little to no support following coercion.

It's not going well for a lot of people but people are plotting to exit. At the very least acquire multiple passports, citizenship or to leave altogether.

Up rooting your entire life is no picnic but this was unacceptable.

I wish that there was a big neon sign saying "DO THIS! IT WILL LEAD TO HAPPINESS", but for me, I just do not know where I'm going. It was why I screwed up my grades when I was younger, why I became a shut-in as a teenager and why I've not spearheaded myself into any major, well warning career. I've felt lost for a really long time, disassociated with pretty much everything. I've survived, stepped up once or twice, but still not happy.

I am paying attention to these threads, and I do appreciate all of these posts, even if I cannot reply to all of them. I put my fist through my Chromebook a few months ago and I'm using a mobile, which makes things difficult.

You just need to keep going. Work towards a life you want to live.

I remember seeing what Australia was going through. I remember praying and thanking God it wasn't like that here. And then it came here and got worse.

The difference is that, as long as I'm alive, I will pursue my ambitions, and sovereignty. It's no longer where I reside. There's nothing to fight for. It's time to go.

Keep going. Nobody's coming to save you. Sink or swim. The choice is yours.

Damn sorry to hear that. When you cut yourself, do you get a high off it? Just curious, always wondered.

Hope you get better soon yourself.
Not a high, it’s just a way of releasing built up emotions. I’ve been cutting since I was 11 and in addition to being physically scarring, it’s also incredibly damaging mentally as well because you don’t learn how to process emotions. You just cut, which, idk, feels like a release like I said but in reality it’s just another way of pushing them down and never truly dealing with them.

Not a high, it’s just a way of releasing built up emotions. I’ve been cutting since I was 11 and in addition to being physically scarring, it’s also incredibly damaging mentally as well because you don’t learn how to process emotions. You just cut, which, idk, feels like a release like I said but in reality it’s just another way of pushing them down and never truly dealing with them.

Oh, I see, that makes complete sense. It's like a balloon, that is overly stressed out and about to burst. You need something to release that tension/stress boiling up in you.

The cutting is in a way that stress relief. It's mostly psychological, but it makes sense now. Thanks for sharing those personal thoughts.

I've only ever cut myself once, and it wasn't a "cutting" cut, so I can't really advise.

I just hope that you find a better way to deal with your emotions instead of cutting. You deserve better.

In all honesty, you are not alone. Two years plus of draconian lock down measures and government tyranny. Worse in Canada, Australia, and some other places. Keep moving. Exercise. Run. Do a Martial arts. Get active.

It could be bloody worse. I know more than a dozen people who got rekt by the experimental drug. I've seen true evil.

Take a walk through your local emergency room or ICU. Walk through a child's hospital. Mate, this life can get dark real fast. Gratitude goes a long way. Start there. Appreciate what you got. Keep moving towards the life you want.

We were trapped in a draconian lock down measures. Truckers were arrested. There's absurd amounts of people injured and very little to no support following coercion.

It's not going well for a lot of people but people are plotting to exit. At the very least acquire multiple passports, citizenship or to leave altogether.

Up rooting your entire life is no picnic but this was unacceptable.

You just need to keep going. Work towards a life you want to live.

I remember seeing what Australia was going through. I remember praying and thanking God it wasn't like that here. And then it came here and got worse.

The difference is that, as long as I'm alive, I will pursue my ambitions, and sovereignty. It's no longer where I reside. There's nothing to fight for. It's time to go.

Keep going. Nobody's coming to save you. Sink or swim. The choice is yours.

Don't believe everything you see online. Part of Australia got locked down hard... *cough* Victoria *cough* most of the country was just fine.

Where I live, we got locked down for a couple of months during outbreaks but generally were barely affected. We were looking at what dictator Dan was doing down in Victoria and shaking our heads while we were out drinking at bars and restaurants.

I’m with you, Sherbro. The last few years - after turning 40 - have been rough. Confronted with a midlife crisis. I’ve not made great financial decisions for the past decade so I’m 42 and have little to show for over two decades of work. I’ve been single for the better part of a decade. I rent because housing in Canada has gotten ridiculously expensive. No kids so no legacy. It’s definitely darkened my thoughts lately. But, I’ve got food and a roof so I soldier on.

I hope things turn around for you.

It's actually brilliant. Nice to see a bit of eco outside the box thinking. Must be better as a fertilizer than our current chemical shit, right? Plus it can be used as feed for our livestock...

It's comparable to a chemical fertilizer, whilst being more environmentally friendly.

The larvae are great as fish and chicken feed.

The spent adult bodies have components useful in the pharmaceutical industry.

Back