nose tape......

physicaltherapy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was leafing through my Gracie Way book and I saw Royler in a gi match with.....somebody....and he had nose tape on. Has anybody had any experiance with that. I knew it was really popular with football players at one point. Does it work? Should I start wearing it during grappling competitions?

Help a fellow grappler out.............

You mean Breathe Right Strips? I use them in Basketball games and from my use, they don't work well at all. It may just be me, but my nose sweats and it comes off very easily plus, even when it is on I don't notice any help for my nasal passages. I would not buy these IMO.

wouldn't that get rubbed off your face????
can't see that helping out at all, I could see it coming loose and getting in your eye or something

Hmm.. I remember Booker T using them when I was younger, and they were very popular at one time with football players. I guess if it doesn't work for you, then maybe it works for someone else.

Tommy-Sambo said:
wouldn't that get rubbed off your face????
can't see that helping out at all, I could see it coming loose and getting in your eye or something

Yea. I see that becoming more of a distraction than a help.

Wrestling is one thing, MMA is totally different, it would definitely be a distraction to you.

i shoudl seriuesly look into these, my nose is always stuffy or just can't inhale.
-Jon

Yeah, they're pretty expensive. Delta used them years back when I ran - the chances from them rubbing off and getting your eye is very slim. You're more likely to slip on a pool of sweat and fracture your hand trying to break your fall.

E

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Yeah, they're pretty expensive. Delta used them years back when I ran - the chances from them rubbing off and getting your eye is very slim. You're more likely to slip on a pool of sweat and fracture your hand trying to break your fall.

E
Umm.. are they good or not? Thanks for the side info though.

Well if it can help me breathe better then it should help......When I grapple people ususally don't claw at my face unless I'm doing a can opener

DeltaSigChi4 said:

E

Not the Original Breathe Rights, and like I said after about 3 minutes into a basketball game they would peel off or come loose.

Back