• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

None of my white friends can handle spicy food

I'm white and I can get down on spicy food. I can do the Blazin Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings no problem, but when I eat stuff that is novelty hot like that I might as well just shove it up my ass, because shitting it out is worse than actually eating it :D

But overall I always do the spicy option if it's available for what ever food I eat. I didn't know this was a race thing.

<Fedor23>

Steak and Potatoes for life. Can't stand spicy food, or whatever nasty crap Asians eat like fish and stuff. I can seriously gag off some of those nasty smells.

29b351d1aa3a1dd197c1f4deaf9c880aaf78ac11fcb7d1e12971933ba83ef73f.jpg

There's probably a genetic reason why white people can't handle spicy food. They can drink milk and consume dairy well because they have specific enzyme adaptations, but no mas when it comes to spicy cuisine.
I absolutely love spicy food and I'm white. Used to work at a thai restaurant and ate their spiciest stuff all the time. Always get at least one flying pie world famous habanero pizza a year. Also, human beings don't have a single physiological adaptation for consuming animal products. So... there's that.

I absolutely love spicy food and I'm white. Used to work at a thai restaurant and ate their spiciest stuff all the time. Always get at least one flying pie world famous habanero pizza a year. Also, human beings don't have a single physiological adaptation for consuming animal products. So... there's that.
Ever hear of lactose intolerance?

It exists because some demographics are not adapted to milk while some are

Ever hear of lactose intolerance?

It exists because some demographics are not adapted to milk while some are
Human breastmilk contains lactose. Black and minority folk are not intolerant to their own mother's breast milk. Tolerance to lactose is not a physiological adaptation. No one species is adapted to such high levels of lactose seen in the modern western diet. Even people that are 'tolerant' to it, as in, they don't have immediate physical reactions, still suffer from such high levels.

I love spicy and I'm white. (Sexy) I just made arrabiata tonight. People were crying tears f joy.

Probably afraid they'll be accused of some sort of cultural appropriation.

Got a reaper, 7 pot brain strain, and 2 choc habanero plants going right now.
The 7 pot is the line where edible and inedible meet for me. The hab. is a bit milder. The reaper is flat out ridiculous. Way hotter that a ghost pepper and useless for anything except making sauce. Theyre fun to give to noobs tho.

A very common stereotype here is that white people can't eat spicy food. Probably one of the most tired questions my white friends get asked by Koreans is, "Can you eat spicy food?" So silly. I have white friends who have no problem gulping down chilis and ones who can't handle the mild sauce at Taco Bell. I have asian friends who can't handle spicy food and ones who can. Same goes for my black friends. I assume every hispanic can eat spicy food though.

I'm asian I love spicy food but my stomach can't handle it for shit. I only eat spicy when I hate myself.

I once made the mistake of telling Indian dude that I like spicy food. In retrospect there are levels of spice I was not aware of.
Happened at a Thai place. My Korean buddy ordered a dish and the waitress warned him it was spicy. He was like, I'm Korean it'll be fine. He was not fine. Both of us could barely touch it that shit.

Yeah happens to me sometimes.I really do love the taste of Indian food but am not used to the spicy chilly tastes and what happens to my stomach after that.

I'm white and I can get down on spicy food. I can do the Blazin Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings no problem, but when I eat stuff that is novelty hot like that I might as well just shove it up my ass, because shitting it out is worse than actually eating it :D

But overall I always do the spicy option if it's available for what ever food I eat. I didn't know this was a race thing.

<Fedor23>
Yeah those are pretty spicey. I stop at hot. Not sure why BWW gets so much hate on here they have a decent beer selection and a good array of sauces and rubs

I am white as fuck and like spicy food (though eating it is still fun, the day after gets rougher as I get older).

My wife is Salvadoran and their cuisine is not very spicy at all, so it's funny for us to try a new Mexican restaurant and I'll order my dishes extra spicy and she'll order her mild. They assume I want "gringo spicy" and she wants "Mexican mild" and then give us both regular spicy dishes, she ends up sending hers back because it's too spicy and I'm complaining that mine isn't spicy enough.

my family has spent a lot of time in the Caribbean so I can't eat certain foods if they aren't spicy
I wont eat wings unless they are hot or hotter (usually 3-5 star flames)
nothing is better than hot salsa on nachos and tacos
usually my friends are wieners and want mild
I don't like it unless its at least medium

I'm white as snow and I love Spicy food...wtf TS?

My dads not white but he can handle the spice, I know some other dads who are white and some of them can handle spicy food but the majority can not.

IDK why its relevant to the discussion but the thread seemed to turn into a "Who's dad can handle spicy food more".

Resistance to capsaicin(the spicy component of chillies) depends a lot on exposure I believe so basically the more often you eat spicy food the more resistance you develop to it hence people tending to go with hotter and hotter food to get a similar effect.

Back