None of my white friends can handle spicy food

iron-man-2-movie-image-samuel-l-jackson-01.jpg
RyL9rob.jpg

Prior to 1492, spicy food only existed in two places in the world: Peru and Mexico.

Then the Europeans started spreading it throughout the world. It caught on in Africa, Asia... everywhere except Europe. It's not a biological thing but it does make you wonder...

Surprisingly, none of my black friends can dance.

i think 'handling' spicy food is more about being exposed to it often and as a child than it is about genetics.

This. I love spicy food but my parents are the biggest wimp-tongues I know. Freschetta pizza is too "spicy" for them. o_O

29b351d1aa3a1dd197c1f4deaf9c880aaf78ac11fcb7d1e12971933ba83ef73f.jpg

There's probably a genetic reason why white people can't handle spicy food. They can drink milk and consume dairy well because they have specific enzyme adaptations, but no mas when it comes to spicy cuisine.
It's really just what you're used to in your normal diet. If any of them had any reason to want to work at it, they could get used to it.

My (white) husband never really ate spicy food growing up and now he enjoys it as much as I do and I'm Indian. It just takes a little getting used to if you're not accustomed to it.
And there's also different kinds of spicey-hot. I love all kinds of curry, but I'm not such a big fan of jalapenos, habaneros, et al.

All my white friends just dump pure cane sugar on top of their dishes

Back