Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i mentioned earlier today and this may be thread worthy, Mundine has signed to fight Thai boxing legend JWP in a boxing bout in November down Aus way.

67097030_2289668304443943_1601717751355801600_n.jpg

Hughie Fury has signed with matchroom, for a multi fight deal.

Just a random thought, how come Roy Jones Jr. got bum knees from running exercises as a boxer in his mind-30's but Cristiano Ronaldo's knees are still healthy at 32 years old when all he does is run as a football player, and has been playing competitively since age seven?

Happy holidays!
Maybe because football players run on grass and a boxer is likely to run on streets or other hard surfaces.

RJJ almost fell into a trap. I believe he was also married at that time.

Well, with knee problems myself and being mid-30s I can tell you so much a person does can affect them starting when I was about 28. From shoe squishiness, to walking up house stairs with a normal gait throughout the day, to how much massage/PT you do on your knees and IT band. Most don't know (except PT guys), but the IT band acts as a spring, so it can get hella tight and put pressure on your knee. (Surprisingly, well formed squats and biking in moderation with knee braces on strengthen them up quite a bit.) If you can dig into it and the muscles surrounding the knee including where the IT inserts into your hip, it can totally rehab sh*te knees. Hurts like hell though. Any massage will help rehab, I did it on my hands too with some cheapo clamp I got from the store wrapped in tape that completely changed them after 1-2 months. So maybe CR has better massage/PT practice. I wouldn't compare anything they did before 19-25 or 30 because stem cells and such still hanging around in the body ready to grow back tissue that doesnt grow back in the later years.

Edit: oops thought you said CR played basketball. Yeah basketball can be hell on the knees.

Last edited:
Lost 3k post count and demoted back to red. My self esteem is rocked.

<DCrying>

Dillian Whyte is on Celebrity Masterchef.

Last night he made salmon, glazed with teriyaki sauce made from miso and soy, with bok choy and coconut rice with rice noodles.

It looked good and the judges were impressed. He went through.

In back of a cab. Driver speaks no English. None. Fuck all if we get where I am supposed to be headed. I feel like I’m in a romcom, but no Jennifer Anniston in sight...

Tyson Fury in the crowd at Smackdown live on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back