• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May, 2017

More rugby this evening, Wigan lost 22-19 to a very late try yesterday evening, so unfortunately a loser there, Huddersfield +6.5 vs Wakefield is the bet for this evening.
Huddersfield starting to look a bit better & think they'll sneak a win here but think there's value in the handicap :)

Played the o9.5 for DET/CWS game 1, but that may get postponed due to rain. If the same pitchers then just take the night game I'll hit the over there.

Also played o9.5 for OAK/NYY, but then lost it when Gravemen scratched so I just can't get a bet through lately. Like it better with Manaea in though so I'll hit again if the line is similar

1u on NYY RL, and hit the new over for a unit.

Also on the Rays. Archer does well against this Minnesota team.

Also considering the KC/CLE under, and possibly Nats RL but don't like the line. Likely passing on both

Still like o9.5 for Boyd/Pelfrey. Not as much as the original matchup, but still hitting for 1.15u. Also decided to bite on Nats RL.

More MLB plays than normal for me today. Been hot lately, so hope it keeps up

More rugby this evening, Wigan lost 22-19 to a very late try yesterday evening, so unfortunately a loser there, Huddersfield +6.5 vs Wakefield is the bet for this evening.
Huddersfield starting to look a bit better & think they'll sneak a win here but think there's value in the handicap :)

Good pick man, very close game.

Golf: Rahm play is definitely still solid, but I wouldn't add more after Rd 2. Odds are worse and his chances are better at this point. If anything, Field over Garcia is the play at this point. Not much value there though.

Rahm had to really scramble to be in his position too. He had to birdie the last two holes. He had a very scrambling round. I'd be surprised to see him win unless he really improves his approaches.

Boy was I wrong about that Yankee game. Need the DET/CWS over to get there to be up a little over a unit, otherwise I'll be down ~1u. Two force outs at home and a liner to the pitcher are not helping my cause.

EDIT: Phew. Teams combined to go 3 for 19 with RISP going into the bottom of the 8th, but a 3-run shot cleared the over. Finished the day up about 1.15u.

Loving the Astros spot tomorrow

Last edited:
Astros line seems trappy. Dallas K's first game back from injury
Boy was I wrong about that Yankee game. Need the DET/CWS over to get there to be up a little over a unit, otherwise I'll be down ~1u. Two force outs at home and a liner to the pitcher are not helping my cause.

EDIT: Phew. Teams combined to go 3 for 19 with RISP going into the bottom of the 8th, but a 3-run shot cleared the over. Finished the day up about 1.15u.

Loving the Astros spot tomorrow

MLB Saturday

Cleveland Indians (-165) risk: 4u

Who's betting French Open? My leans so far are:

Kyrigios ML and -4
Haase -6.5
Tomic +9, Tomic-Thiem o28.5
Karlovic -1.5
M. Zverev -5
Muller ML
Radwanska -6.5

One more play

Rockies (-114) risk: 1.14u

Took:
Nats -1.5 -110
Astros -1.5 +110
Astros/Orioles o8 EV

Each to win 1u. Honestly don't love the plays, but need something with there not being any UFC today

EDIT: Finished 2/3 with the over coming up a little short, but I'll take the 1u profit and move on to the UFC tomorrow.

Last edited:
Considering CWS/DET o9.5 for tomorrow (5/28). Will probably make a play if the Sweden card is going well, or exceptionally poorly I guess

Back