NOGI--Great Shorts--quick review!

A

azizam77

Ok I know you've seen the posts up here..but I thought I'd do a quick rundown of my experience with the NOGI shorts (ordered a pair of the Jets)

So first off...great service...I initially ordered a size 34...too baggy...so I shipped them back and exchanged for a 32. Easy transaction and good about returning e-mails/providing updatesd...got them this afternoon and rolled in them...very nice material....super comfy...and they look great.
Overall they did well...no retying or etc..good leg room even in high guard....and they just felt good!

I like these alot better than the sprawl shorts I have...mostly because of the fitting...sprawls are too tight in the hips for me. typically I am a 33waist...in Sprawl Flex Fighters I have to order a 36...the hips fit fine, but the waist is WAY too loose..even with the drawstring..also with the 36 the legs are too baggy...so its a hard fit..I 've had them almost come off while rolling.

The 2 points of advice for NOGI...1. if you are between sizes ,(ie 33 like me) go down in size...to a 32 a 35 to 34 etc..

2nd is some advice for the NOGI crew if you read this...I woud definitely add a tracking label to shipments..NOGI sends everything priority 3-5day mail..I believe for an extra $.45 you can get a delivery confirmation ..this is more for them I think...I just e-mailed them a few times wondering what day the package went out, when I could expect delivery etc...a tracking # and shipping confirmation e-mail would have covered about 3-4 e-mails.

Overall great, stylish shorts...I think I am ordering another pair very soon!

Aziz

Cool, thanks for the review.

Nogi seems to be one of the fastest rising companies around right now.

Good stuff, I'm going to have to get me a pair of these in the future.

Scorcho- By the way these shorts, rashguards, hoodies, and shirts are flying off the shelves I would have to say you are correct.

Thanks guys for the great suport and nice write up

nogi is a newer product for me and I have to say that it's one of my fastest moving brands already. nogi has also been great to work with. I wish all companies were run like them.

www.SSFgear.com

I will definately be ordering a few pairs as soon as they have tracking numbers. The brown color shorts are so sweet looking. I'm a about a 32 or 33 waist. That means I should go with 32? With sprawl I wear 34.

jamison said:
I will definately be ordering a few pairs as soon as they have tracking numbers. The brown color shorts are so sweet looking. I'm a about a 32 or 33 waist. That means I should go with 32? With sprawl I wear 34.

Go with the 32.

www.SSFgear.com

A point of clarification...I mean the idea of tracking #'s as only a piece of advice..

the service was great and I got my shorts and the exchanged shorts in a reasonable time frame...I was suggesting the tracking to cover you all from e-mails or any potential problems..You all do a great job and have worked hard for a stellar and increasingly solid rep...hate to see something small tarnish it...

with that said...I'll be putting in another order in a week or two...

All good!

Do we add that .50 on the orders? With Priority mail it is just a delivery conformation. THat lets us know you got it not letting you know when you get it.

lol Chris!

Also has my Hoodie gone out yet? Thanks again.

Oh no burned hoodie...AHHH ok
so if $.50 were added to the order...I think it would be cool..I personally wouldnt mind paying an extra .50 if thats what it took...but again thats me...

As far as NOGI shorts fitting with the cup was fine. As I stated before thats been a HUGE issue for me...the Sprawl shorts are just too tight in the hips ...not leaving enough room for the ummm cup...

I guess in an indirect way you could say that NOGI shorts are better suited for the John Holmes grappler...

THe material is the best that's why. They stretch but not with spandex.

azizam77 said:
Oh no burned hoodie...AHHH ok
so if $.50 were added to the order...I think it would be cool..I personally wouldnt mind paying an extra .50 if thats what it took...but again thats me...

As far as NOGI shorts fitting with the cup was fine. As I stated before thats been a HUGE issue for me...the Sprawl shorts are just too tight in the hips ...not leaving enough room for the ummm cup...

I guess in an indirect way you could say that NOGI shorts are better suited for the John Holmes grappler...

This is good to hear. I have a HUMONGOUS package so this has been a very serious issue for me. :p

Seriously though, it seems that all my grappling shorts don't have enough room in the crotch when I have a cup on. I don't notice it when I'm rolling really but already I've had a couple board shorts tear on me in the crotch area. And since the cup makes the crotch tight sometimes I've noticed that it'll limit my open guard game too.

Back