Nobody won Benderson Vs. Edgar II

That fight really sucked. The both of them were just waddling' around and neither of them deserved to win. I'm tired of hearing all this "HE SHOULDNT EVEN BE THE CHAMPION RIGHT NOW". Well Benderson whooped Edgar's ass hard in the first fight so fudge it man. What kind of damage did Frankie really do to Benderson in the second fight because that's what I go by on judging criteria. I mean after all it is a "fight" rather than a "match"

That piece of crap fight should have been a draw.

hi-res-6488220_crop_650x440.jpg

frankie won both
but bendo is very good
dont hate him or nothin
he fights tough guys
he has previously handled, cowboy twice, varner, has two robberies over edgar and absolutely demolished nate
cant wait for him to fight grey or gil or eddie or pettis again or even aldo!
lw is a real nice div i think
that one and ww

frankie won both
but bendo is very good
dont hate him or nothin
he fights tough guys
he has previously handled, cowboy twice, varner, has two robberies over edgar and absolutely demolished nate
cant wait for him to fight grey or gil or eddie or pettis again or even aldo!
lw is a real nice div i think
that one and ww

:eek:

Bendo won the first fight clearly, not a domination, but 49-46 was a good score.

The second fight was closer, but I would of scored it as a draw. I do believe Ben edged out the victory. Sherdoggers love Edgar too.

So, in your infinite wisdom, how do you determine damage when it is virtually impossible to judge? There is a reason it isn't used as a judging criteria. You simply cannot tell how much damage a particular strike or series of strikes has caused.
Without calling it "damage", "Effective" is the keyword.
If you are at all interested (most people are not because they are the best judge of their favorites fighters fights) there is enlightening information on the direction of Judging in MMA.
Contrary to what you think, visible "damage" is an example of "effective" and is judgable.

Bendo won the first fight clearly, not a domination, but 49-46 was a good score.

The second fight was closer, but I would of scored it as a draw. I do believe Ben edged out the victory. Sherdoggers love Edgar too.

completely disagree with that.
edgar bleeds quicker and thats what made the dif for the judges I think personally

kd's = 1e-1b
td's were all edgar
he also caught the kicks over and over alas couldnt have hurt him that bad

i have edgar in both fights, clearer in the second
but both were real close fights

This^^ I too scored it 49-46. Some fans are just in denial and love Frankie way too much. They are judging with their hearts and not with their heads.

For what it's worth, I've only seen the fight twice (once when it was live and then again last month) and I still think Benson won.

Razor close fight for sure. No robbery no matter what the outcome would have been.

Benson clearly won the first, Edgar won the second in my opinion, but it wasn't a clear victory.

Last edited:
I enjoyed both fights and didn't find them boring at all. The fact that it was close only made it more exciting to me.

And you have to beat a champion. Sorry. At least that is how it should be.

There's a solid argument for a draw in that fight, and sometimes when 2 extremely talented fighters face off they can neutralize each other, which causes nothing significant to really happen. It's just part of the fight game, but anything but a Benson win would've resulted in a trilogy, and people were already getting annoyed with the rematches. Now we've got an awesome superfight at FW coming up and a ton of new potential title fights at LW. Things are pretty good, so shut up and enjoy.

I agree TS.
I actually stopped watching the fight because I was so dissapointed..
"There will be no question who is the winner this time" - Frankie Edgar
Well, Edgar, why don't you start going for the win then?!
When you get granted an immediate rematch, you should really show in that rematch how much you want this win.
His attitude after the first fight, and his performance in the second made me lose all respect for him. I sincerely hope Aldo beats him into oblivion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back