No way Jones won that fight

A little biased admittedly. I like Jones as a fighter. It was extremely close. I thought it was a coin toss with Jones clearly wining the last 2. Reyes was up in the first. I thought 2 and 3 were a little back and forth. I was leaning Reyes when it ended but Jones took the to cleanest rounds for sure. 4-1 is garbage though.

Reyes obviously won that fight.

UFC has turned into completely rigged crap. Eventually, it will be more rigged than boxing. So sad for the sport of MMA.

Imma gone write a well thought out post tomorrow regarding the weight of significant strikes vs cage pressure but for now just take what I have: no man should win getting smushed like that in the later rounds. It reminded me of

yeah jones lost easily. nice judges.

Jones got gifted another decision like he did against Gus and Santos.

Its hard to tell kids that cheaters never win, when they clearly do. No wonder kids grow up to be cucks and sjws.

Reyes won 3 rounds clearly and also he really hurt jones a few times where jojes had to go for takedowns. Reyes was never hurt he just gassed in the 4th and took minimal damage still

Need to rewatch. But my thoughts:

Reyes clearly landed the best shots in round 1.

I think Reyes edged him in 2 and 3.

Round 4 is toughest to score. Reyes had the early barrage but slowed after that.

Jones took the 5th.

I think it was 4-1 or 3-2 either way, but definitely favor Reyes overall. I think he was robbed. But like I said, need to rewatch.

REMATCH

Dana bought that one judge that gave Jones 4-1. 49-46 is crazy. Clearly 3/5 rounds won by Reyes. I’d be pissed if I put money on Reyes.

Really sick of this bullshit, leaves a bitter taste in the mouth after a great fight, Reyes won that and it wasn't difficult to see.

It should have been 49-46 Reyes, IMO.

Jones didn't win round 2 or round 3. If you look at the different MMA outlets scoring, they either give Jones round 2 or round 3 for "constant pressure from the champion". That's just biased scoring defaulting rounds to the champion. Reyes outstruck him in each of rounds 1, 2, and 3 if I'm not mistaken. And I'd also give Reyes round 4.

Even if you gift Jones a close round because he's the champion (which is utter bullshit), he still lost 3-2.

1, 2, 3 Reyes all day.

Reyes won 1,2,3 and you can even make a point for him winning the 4th.

you could see it in Jones as it was being read he knew he lost that fight.

Need to rewatch. But my thoughts:

Reyes clearly landed the best shots in round 1.

I think Reyes edged him in 2 and 3.

Round 4 is toughest to score. Reyes had the early barrage but slowed after that.

Jones took the 5th.

I think it was 4-1 or 3-2 either way, but definitely favor Reyes overall. I think he was robbed. But like I said, need to rewatch.

REMATCH
Rematch? For what?

They would allow Jones to roid for sure,. You cant beat Jones in the UFC.

UFC is not about sport and competition. Just business. And who the hell wants to pay top dollars for corruption.

I’m out.

Reyes won 1,2,3 and you can even make a point for him winning the 4th.

you could see it in Jones as it was being read he knew he lost that fight.

LOL okay buddy. 2-4-5 Jones. Both Sherdog and MMAJunkie scored it for Jones. Pretty clear how Jones won that fight, easily winning last two rounds and stealing either round 2 (I gave it Jones as did Sherdog) or rd3 (MMAJunkie). Don't be dumb. I can see someone scoring it for Reyes but pretending there was no way Jones won is dumb.MMAFighting also had it 3-2 Jones.
Espn also had it 3-2 jones lol the only robbery tonight was latifi vs lewis

Not mad at the decision. Thought Jon won. Can understand people thinking Reyes won. Jon controlled the fight, forced him backwards, didn’t land as much, but felt he landed more effective shots. Not a robbery. There is much more to winning a fight than just strikes landed. Stats don’t tell the whole story all the time.

It was close enough that Dom needed to get more off in the 5th and the guy was just too damn tired. By the fourth round his arms looked burnt to a crisp and he was sucking air. It's not fair but you have to remove doubt and make yourself undeniable in beating a long-standing champion.

Jones couldnt do nothing but stretch his hand out hoping reyes puts his eyes in the way and throw them oblique kicks. A very inspired martial artist...

Jones won this fight.

After 3 rounds, Reyes had 2 - 1 in his favour, and than lost 4. and 5. Round.

Reyes 1, 3
Jones 2, 4, 5

Jones was pressing forward all the time and had few takedowns. Specially, when you fight Jones you can't take his title while backing down and losing the finish.

This was right decision but Jones has lot of haters, so these reactions are normal. Jones is the goat.

Back