International No, the Nazis were not 'liberal' or 'left wing', and in 2021 this shouldn't have to be repeated.

Didn't they do very well in their response by being extremely strict?

Don't know anything about Taiwan and COVID. Looks like Japan did well with the disease, looks like. They took some early steps and had some advantages (like a pre-existing culture of mask wearing). This line of the discussion started when someone was claiming that stronger gov't responses were no more effective at stemming the spread of the disease but led to worse economic outcomes. I'm not aware of any evidence to support the economic part of that claim (it looks like the public took precautions even when their gov'ts did, meaning that the spread of the disease was the factor hurting the economy). As far as the virus itself, it's obvious that factors beyond gov't response affected the spread, but I'd be cautious about concluding from that the gov't response was irrelevant.

Anyway, it's a complicated issue, and getting the right answers here are important because it's certainly possible that something like that could happen again (and of course even though we're talking about it in the past tense, it's not over, especially in some other countries), and we want to use the experience to inform a future response. But people are too caught up in hackery to even think about making a good-faith effort to understand reality.

Don't know anything about Taiwan and COVID. Looks like Japan did well with the disease, looks like. They took some early steps and had some advantages (like a pre-existing culture of mask wearing). This line of the discussion started when someone was claiming that stronger gov't responses were no more effective at stemming the spread of the disease but led to worse economic outcomes. I'm not aware of any evidence to support the economic part of that claim (it looks like the public took precautions even when their gov'ts did, meaning that the spread of the disease was the factor hurting the economy). As far as the virus itself, it's obvious that factors beyond gov't response affected the spread, but I'd be cautious about concluding from that the gov't response was irrelevant.

Anyway, it's a complicated issue, and getting the right answers here are important because it's certainly possible that something like that could happen again (and of course even though we're talking about it in the past tense, it's not over, especially in some other countries), and we want to use the experience to inform a future response. But people are too caught up in hackery to even think about making a good-faith effort to understand reality.

One thing that has really stood out to me is: what if this was worse next time?

Not necessarily Black Plague level bad, but say, 2% fatal? 5% fatal?

One thing that has really stood out to me is: what if this was worse next time?

Not necessarily Black Plague level bad, but say, 2% fatal? 5% fatal?

Then we'll be really glad that we had this one, and that liberalism is still the dominant mode of gov't.

Then we'll be really glad that we had this one, and that liberalism is still the dominant mode of gov't.

Liberalism will have to immediately become an executive dictatorship to deal with it, like they do whenever there is a real crisis. That's ok though, as long as they actually get it done. Signs are increasing that the social trust does not exist for that to happen though.

Nazi were far right. Hitler himself was a catholic and was killing Jews. IDK Revenge for Christ’s killing maybe?

Awww what happend Mila? <Lmaoo>

Haha...when you follow that thread train, it goes back through three banned posters.

tenor.gif

Haha...when you follow that thread train, it goes back through three banned posters.

tenor.gif
Lol!!! I had this thread on reserved, I knew it was only a matter of time that dipshit Mila would be banned. My only question is how the fuck did Toni get banned?

Back