No One's Playing SH2 Remake?!

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not a thread on the front page and the game just came out. Game too scary? I'm playing and it's great so far. They really captured the dreadful atmosphere of the original. I'm only at one of the apartments so far and properly getting my ass kicked. Combat isn't great but serviceable.

I installed it last night but didn’t get a chance to play. Definitely going to get into it this weekend.

I’ve never played much from the franchise so really looking forward to it.

Yeah it's amazing. I'm blown away by how good it is. This is everything I want from a horror game. I'm honestly liking it more than RE4 Remake and RE Village. If you're someone like me who loved RE7 and was a bit disappointed Capcom went back too much into the action genre than this game is perfect for you. Not to say those games were bad, I personally liked them too but psychological horror with great atmosphere is hard to top for me. Surprise goty contender for me thus far.

Too much of a backlog, still playing BG3. I'll buy it (again) when it's not full price.

I love Silent Hill, especially 2. I don't feel like dropping $100 for it right now though (Cdn) while im still playong other titles. As Halloween gets closer and I finish Shattered Space and maybe Rogue Trader (meaty game) I doubt I'll be able to stop myself.

I still want to buy Space Marine 2 as well.

As a SEGA kid, I missed out on Silent Hill. It always looked good.

If there is a remake for the first Silent Hill, I may give it and the sequel a go.

I also really liked the film Jacobs Ladder..

Didn't want to create a thread but I had posted some early thoughts in another SH thread...

Man I love the original Silent Hill 2, was skeptical of the remake but was happy to see all the great reviews...but im not feeling it so far. It does not look, play or feel like a current gen game. The game is quite ugly and I don't mean in an intentionally grimy Silent Hill way. The way the character moves and interacts with the environment feels poor. The combat, while never a SH strong point, feels incredibly clunky. Even the voice acting and character models leave a lot to be desired. I'm still early on and will see it through but I'm not siding with the reviews so far.

Played a few more hours last night and it's grown on me a little more. I think it's good so far, not great. I'm not gonna lie, it's still fucking scary as hell. The original is the scariest game ive played and the remake absolutely captures that same feeling. I definitely think it's the type of game I'll play once and then trade it. It's cool. I like it. But im never going to want to play it again. It's not "fun" even in the way like Resident Evil and The Last of Us are fun.

I love Silent Hill, especially 2. I don't feel like dropping $100 for it right now though (Cdn) while im still playong other titles. As Halloween gets closer and I finish Shattered Space and maybe Rogue Trader (meaty game) I doubt I'll be able to stop myself.

I still want to buy Space Marine 2 as well.
....its $100?

Haven’t picked it up but definitely interested. Probably would make a decent game for the Halloween season but I’ll wait for next year.

I've played 2-4 already. Not interested in a remake. I was hoping they'd remake/remaster SH1 instead

In the backlog, been a stacked couple of months, all my extra time stuck finishing up Cyberpunk or messing around on the Dead Rising Remaster.

I'll play it soon as I like a good spooky game for this time of the year, which it'll pair up nicely when Phasmophobia comes out on consoles soon as well.

....its $100?
After tax yes. I'm sure you,can use Greenman for a discount though.

CD keys is also great as you tend to get a discount, and no taxes, at least for Canadians.
Screenshot_20241012-120930_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't want to create a thread but I had posted some early thoughts in another SH thread...

Man I love the original Silent Hill 2, was skeptical of the remake but was happy to see all the great reviews...but im not feeling it so far. It does not look, play or feel like a current gen game. The game is quite ugly and I don't mean in an intentionally grimy Silent Hill way. The way the character moves and interacts with the environment feels poor. The combat, while never a SH strong point, feels incredibly clunky. Even the voice acting and character models leave a lot to be desired. I'm still early on and will see it through but I'm not siding with the reviews so far.

Played a few more hours last night and it's grown on me a little more. I think it's good so far, not great. I'm not gonna lie, it's still fucking scary as hell. The original is the scariest game ive played and the remake absolutely captures that same feeling. I definitely think it's the type of game I'll play once and then trade it. It's cool. I like it. But im never going to want to play it again. It's not "fun" even in the way like Resident Evil and The Last of Us are fun.
They kinda did what Bluewhatever did with the Demons Souls remake. The control and movement are bar for bar the same as the original and they could have smoothed some of the edges a bit. The dodge doesn't do shit and the melee is really rudimentary.

Right now its a bit pricey for me. I dont even need a big 50% drop before I buy it, but 60 bucks? Nah. Not for something Im gonna play once.

Played the hell out of 1 and 2. I'm really looking forward to the remake but I think I'll wait until there's an ebb in backlog, as well as a reduction in price.

If you haven't played the games, now's a great time to start. I do recommend trying to start with 1, but it's not a deal-breaker or anything

Right now it’s a bit pricey for me. I dont even need a big 50% drop before I buy it, but 60 bucks? Nah. Not for something Im gonna play once.
I never understood this logic. According to howlongtobeat the game takes on average 16 hours to get through. Look at what people pay for a movie ticket and some popcorn. There’s about 30 dollars and you get a 2 hour experience, oh and you don’t even get to own it. On top of that it’s just a really great game. I paid 80 bucks lol. Because of my busy schedule my game time is limited so I got the early access since my schedule was lighter those two days

I never understood this logic. According to howlongtobeat the game takes on average 16 hours to get through. Look at what people pay for a movie ticket and some popcorn. There’s about 30 dollars and you get a 2 hour experience, oh and you don’t even get to own it. On top of that it’s just a really great game. I paid 80 bucks lol. Because of my busy schedule my game time is limited so I got the early access since my schedule was lighter those two days
Or I could watch a show on TV and its COMPLETELY FREE 24 hours a day. So is that the better deal?

It's all relative. At the moment I have no need for any new games. I'm definitely gonna play this, but I'll wait a bit. Generally speaking I wait for discounts for single player linear games with a relatively short length.

Back