No one has ever beaten Cerrone that fast

Anybody claiming Cerrone hasn’t been on a pretty rapid decline since Masvidal is lying through their teeth.

"Cerrone is still an elite fighter "

He hasn't beaten a legit competitior since 2017. The closest is Al Iaquinta. This narrative of him being some underrated fighter has got to stop. He's meh at best.

What's your criteria for a legit competitor? So when Khabib beat Al for the belt he didn't fight a legit competitor?

Sometimes cowboy looks like a world beater, and sometimes - for whatever reason - a single strike sends him into 'deer in headlight' mode. He ate a few early on against Nate and looked rocked the rest of the fight. Cowboy always gunna Cowboy

I've pointed out many times over the years that Cerrone often beats the shit out of guys hovering around the top 10 or below. He often looks good doing it and that gets fans on his bandwagon but the best wins of his whole career are decisions against Alvarez in his first UFC fight and Bendo in one of his last. After losing to Bendo twice when it mattered.

I'm not sure but I don't think Donald has ever beaten a guy who was top 5 when he fought them. Iaquinta certainly proved he isn't.

Jon Anik: "Cowboy's won a lot of big fights, beat Alexander Hernandez..." lol

Conor's win today was good but in no way a great win and has no bearing on how he'll do at WW. Any attempt to blow up this win any more than that is delusional. Anyone with half a brain knew that this was a mismatch of epic proportions stylistically and career wise for Cerrone. At this point in his career Cerrone is a good gate keeper. Time will tell how Conor handles the elite of the WW division.

You believed this was threadworthy?

nice Wiki skills...

woah!!! Nobody has this fast!!! Woah!!!!

<YeahOKJen>

People put more thought into their clickbait Thread titles than they do the content of the OP.

<{clintugh}>

He hasn't beaten a legit competitior since 2017. The closest is Al Iaquinta. This narrative of him being some underrated fighter has got to stop. He's meh at best.
He was a solid gatekeeper his whole career and even a title contender on a few occasions. I think it's a bit harsh to say he was "meh at best". At some point that win might have meant something for Conor. But at this point, at 37, Cowboy has been around forever, and that's a third loss in a row for him now.

He lost all the big fights and the matchup last night was a pure joke to begin with. It was tailored for Conor to win, and what had to happen did, in fact, happen. It was predictable, Dana tried hard to tell the naysayers to fuck off, to say that Cowboy, despite coming off consecutive losses, is still elite, blah, blah, blah, but we're not foolish.

Cowboy always struggled against good boxers who have a slight bit of power in their punches, there's plenty of fucking tape to prove it. He was coming off a 1st round KO loss against a brawler.

I'm hesitant to say he looked terrible yesterday, because anybody that gets finished in 40 seconds did not have the shadow of a chance to put anything on display, besides a HL reel finish for his opponent.

Cerrone has never been paid that much.

No Trolling - Do not make posts that are deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. This includes making accusations of fixed fights and race-baiting posts. Orchestrating forum raids is also considered trolling and can result in a ban.

This includes making accusations of fixed fights

I even said a few weeks ago if DAD Cowboy shows up, he is going to lose. Sure enough, all he did this past week is drag his son into it and talk about him all fight week.

I noticed at the start of the fight, when they replayed it on air,

It looked like Cerrone may have been going in for a glove touch with Conor but Conor came right at him with a left hand which Cowboy saw coming and ducked under it,

I feel like this threw Cowboy off a little, he might have been expecting a glove touch instead Conor comes in with a left, again this has nothing to do with the outcome but seems like possibly poor sportsmanship on his part?

Lmao. RDA did the exact same thing in 69 seconds. Gtfo here. Pettis destroyed him in 1 rd in their title eliminator as well. EDIT : 66 seconds.

Last edited:
Yeah, nobody bulldozed Cerrone so quickly. At least I don't remember, especially at 170.
Not quite that quickly. Both Bendo and Showtime beat him in about 2 mins, and RDA in about a minute.

I put the stats in excel.

wdvQtNN.png

Welcome to a Conor fight. Apparently everybody Conor fights is an experienced high level fighter until he finishes them.

Apparently even champs he beats are has beens with no chin.

Shame too, makes me wonder how Aldo managed to defend his title 9x, how Holloway even become Champion, let alone do it with a 10+ Fight Win Streak.

<36>

“Cerrone does terrible against pressure fighters, south paws and fast starters!”

*loses against that exact same style *

“wow fight is rigged!!”

“Cerrone always loses the big fight!”

*loses his biggest fight*

“Dana paid him to throw the fight!!!”

“cowboy always crumbles and basically gives up when it’s not going his way”

*isnt able to intelligently defend with a broken nose after eating a headkick and a bunch of lefts*

“he took a dive!!!”

Conor haters are a whole new type of stupid it’s crazy

I'm interested to see whether he will still be top 10 after 3 KO losses. He was still top 5 for some reason.

He was still top 5 because he fought Tony, Gaethje and Conor in that order.
lol. How much did you expect his stock to drop?

Thumbs down on this post. Cowboy is a great fighter who gets beat by greater fighters.

I'm no Conor fan, but let's be real that win was impressive, anyone saying anything else is just hating.

Back