No Julian or Mike Hill on TUF Finale?!

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was at least expecting either one of them on the prelims. They usually throw a couple of TUF contestants a few fights on the finale card. Would have been great to see Julian vs Hill.
Dana must have been pissed. Julian just wanted to hang, bro.

The only one who kind of deserved it was the guy who got KO'd by an elbow.

Nope. Dana said if they didn't pick it up and start fighting then no one was getting on the card and he stuck to his guns.

The only one who kind of deserved it was the guy who got KO'd by an elbow.

Neil Magny. He's fighting Jon Manley (another TUF 16 contestant) at UFC 157.

And Dana spoke to Sherdog and said those two and the finale fight are the only guys that got contracts with the UFC after the show. He wasn't impressed with the other fighters.

Nope. Dana said if they didn't pick it up and start fighting then no one was getting on the card and he stuck to his guns.

This was by most people's accounts a very shitty season of a show that hasn't been compelling for a while.

Hill and Julian let each other bang but Dana didnt want either bro on the finale

What happened to "I do bro, I do let you bang"
Guess not

I watch any fights I can so I have never had a problem watching TUF when it's free. The problem looks like they are placing a higher value on fighters who will create drama over fighters that actually have a chance to do something. Look at the guys who were passed up for the show that look so much better than the guys that are actually on the show.

I don't think that any of them deserved it either. Pick better fighters to go into the house and the show will be better. Two guys that aren't that great can have a beef but it will be far less compelling to me than to see two guys who genuinely like each other but have good skills as long as they bring it when they fight.

julians fight for the ww title in some small org last i heard

I feel like Dana / Joe Silva should really take all the hundreds of thousands they have invested into the show and make the most out of it. Clearly, Julian and Mike Hill - depsite not being the most "elite" of fighters - were the ones that fans assosciated with the most, as well as probably Colton and Ricci. That is how the show was filmed, it was 100% intentional. The TUF producers could have just as easily dedicated an entire episode to something else rather than showing Julian have a blacked-out temper tantrum (more of these please, very entertaining)

Anyways... I think they should set guys like Hill and Julian up with up-and-comers who are clearly above their skill level, but are lesser known. This sets up a multitude of positive outcomes.

a) douche gets ass kicked, Dana is happy
b) douche wins, proves himself
c) douche gets ass kicked, up-and-comer becomes more famous
d) easy excuse to kick douches out of ufc

only person who wasn't in the semi-finals that somewhat deserved a shot was Secor and only because he got robbed

Back