No judgement... But is anyone else repulsed adults who listen to Rap music?

I think a good rule of thumb is to break it down into a fraction spend 33% of time with people smarter than you, 33% of time with people on the same level as you and 33% of your time with people dumber than you. Just my opinion on the matter.

So what, you alternate between Mayberry, the war room and the heavies? ��

I see. Well, I'd like to categorize myself in the upper echelon of education myself and I occasionally listen to lil' wayne or rick ross because they say hilarious shit. I've also had relationships with pretty dumb women who just liked to party. I see it as sort of an escape from what I do everyday. Everyday i'm with people who are smarter than me or who are just as smart as me who constantly push my thinking to higher levels. It can be mentally exhausting at times and I try not to discuss medicine 24/7 because I try to achieve balance in my life.

I think a good rule of thumb is to break it down into a fraction spend 33% of time with people smarter than you, 33% of time with people on the same level as you and 33% of your time with people dumber than you. Just my opinion on the matter.

I like your response. I can understand why you do from that perspective and I respect it.

I'm repulsed by adults who care about what other adults listen to.

i am sickened by adults who get repulsed over hearing other adults care about what some other adults listen to

i mean, it really makes me sick
oh, and some people eat bugs. ewww

You claim to appreciate the value of rap by citing Eminem....

OK.

I'm 38 and listen to mostly punk and metal. I'm not going to judge what someone else listens to. I don't like it, but to each their own.

Oh, so you're a racist and an intellectual bigot?

lol, I like this. Rap is by far the most racist, homophobic, misogynist "music" there is

if you like rap, most likely you like you some racist as fuck lyrics

Don't like it, don't listen. I pity you for even caring.

I see. Well, I'd like to categorize myself in the upper echelon of education myself and I occasionally listen to lil' wayne or rick ross because they say hilarious shit. I've also had relationships with pretty dumb women who just liked to party. I see it as sort of an escape from what I do everyday. Everyday i'm with people who are smarter than me or who are just as smart as me who constantly push my thinking to higher levels. It can be mentally exhausting at times and I try not to discuss medicine 24/7 because I try to achieve balance in my life.

Interesting calculation

yes i am repulsed by adults that listen to the same type of music i do.

Mainstream Rap is crap for the most part. its all about the old school and underground.

I actually brow-beated a young lady into lowering her music and rolling up her windows the other day. I've never been so proud.

OP is triggering me. I'm not sure I feel safe in my own home right now.

Every morning the cafeteria ladies at my college dining hall would play that miserable country music about a man's dying dog or wrecked Ford trucks. I'm serious. Every goddamn day of my freshman year I was forced to endure these tales of lost loves, first thing in the fucking morning. As if having to drag my ass out of bed to attend class or take tests wasn't difficult enough. No, I got the wonderful added bonus of melodic misery accompanying my morning meal, all before it even begins. Fucking country music...No judgment, of course.

I listen to music if it sounds good to me that's all I care about.

not with rap no. but anytime I hear Phil Collins I have the overwhelming urge to want to shoot my self in the face, and or ear hole. cant believe I played Phil Collins "in the air tonight" on my first date. no wonder she never returned any of my calls. vanilla ice over a phil Collins track any day.

Because everyone who listens to some type of music has to be living the life of whatever they are listening to. Typical classic rock/country middle aged douchebag who thinks his culture was superior. Just so you know, the bands in classic rock were every bit as much about sex and drugs as any performer today; the fact that people act like they were these great influences is ridiculous.

Also any type of music is going to sound like generic trash if the person listening hates the genre and has barely listened to anything from it. Kind of like how much of country sounds to me. Listening to that shit makes me wish Mike Tyson bit my ear off. Trust me, the popular country I have listened to doesn't have any more substance that the popular rap(much of which I will admit is bad, but so is a lot of the mainstream music from every major genre right now).

Also, that entire post was basically being judgmental. No judgment....haha that is some BS.

Last edited:
Chill out man, who the fuck cares what people listen to.

Back