No judgement... But is anyone else repulsed adults who listen to Rap music?

lol, the classic No (something something) follow by extremely something something.

I am not a racist but... (insert something extremely racist).

You're dumb. I think you mean you are offended by offensive music with offensive lyrics. It's not just rap. I can break out some country with offensive lyrics I can get some rock with offensive lyrics. I try not expose my children to any of it but if there is no really offensive lyrics I'll let them listen. It's not just rap son.

Edit: if you find rap offensive I think you need to look at your values. The only rap or rapper you like is Eminem. Think about that.

I could give two flying shits about rap, but that is just my taste. The post was about my response to adults listening to music that was very poor in class and shitty in content. You are absolutely right in elucidating for me that that can take place in any genre. You are right and as far as I can tell, the only one who was able to pinpoint the truth. My post shouldn't have been about rap, more about inappropriate music in general.

That being said, I know some very offensive country music as well. It just happens to be a fraction of a percent of the genre, verses rap where even the mainstream shit is demeaning and a lot of it condones idiotic, criminal behavior. In my experience some heavy metal bands have equally bad if not worse content. The main difference I think is that most people don't understand the words as well. These particular rap songs are very clear in their articulation and everyone knows what they are saying.

I got a lot of judgement on this post for being a snob or whatever else you guys think I am. I was wrong for alienating a genre when my issue was with content and for that I apologize. But for those of you condoning the content of the music and the presence of it around children, coming from educated adults, I have nothing to say to you. In my experience, wisdom and knowledge go hand in hand with a more diplomatic speech and less association with barbaric, animalistic behavior, but what do I know.

the lyrics encompass little more than gang-banging, use of drugs, violence, and general disregard from anything that holds together a civilized society.

lol tru

hate rap culture that embraces crime poverty and lack of education, but i do like the music. It makes me bob my head and get hyped up and feel good. Way better then country music.

Really? Nirvana lyrics make less sense than your typical top 40 rap song today.

There is deintely a middle between Nirvana's dark poetry and Rihanna's 'rude boy' that would make a lot more sense as 'artistic entertainment.' I was not a huge Nirvana fan, but some of their songs that got not too much radio play were better than 'teen spirit.' Although "music" fans of today would think that 'teen spirit' was their only song, because if it isn't a corporate chosen single, how couldit be music?? LOL

Like everyone else has been saying, there is quite a disparity between bad/radio/commercial rap music and MC's (Big Sean, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc.) and lesser known/underground stuff (Danny Brown, Action Bronson, MF Doom, Big K.R.I.T, etc.) But I guess due to hip hop's massive presence on the radio, it's hard to escape some of the terrible stuff which is why I hear more complaints about rap now than any other genre.

But cmon, tell me stuff like this isn't good?
[YT]m1GGzbEqZZU[/YT]

more annoyed by teenagers that regurgitate all the fucking retarded lingo they hear in rap songs.

I could give two flying shits about rap, but that is just my taste. The post was about my response to adults listening to music that was very poor in class and shitty in content. You are absolutely right in elucidating for me that that can take place in any genre. You are right and as far as I can tell, the only one who was able to pinpoint the truth. My post shouldn't have been about rap, more about inappropriate music in general.

That being said, I know some very offensive country music as well. It just happens to be a fraction of a percent of the genre, verses rap where even the mainstream shit is demeaning and a lot of it condones idiotic, criminal behavior. In my experience some heavy metal bands have equally bad if not worse content. The main difference I think is that most people don't understand the words as well. These particular rap songs are very clear in their articulation and everyone knows what they are saying.

I got a lot of judgement on this post for being a snob or whatever else you guys think I am. I was wrong for alienating a genre when my issue was with content and for that I apologize. But for those of you condoning the content of the music and the presence of it around children, coming from educated adults, I have nothing to say to you. In my experience, wisdom and knowledge go hand in hand with a more diplomatic speech and less association with barbaric, animalistic behavior, but what do I know.

You claim to like Eminem but the guy has some of the most sexist, violent, trashy lyrics out there. It sounds like you make an exception when white people have those kind of lyrics.

You claim to like Eminem but the guy has some of the most sexist, violent, trashy lyrics out there. It sounds like you make an exception when white people do those things.

I made reference to one single Eminem song that I said I admit is masterfully written.

If you would like an affirmative action example, I think Tupac's "Material Wishes" is masterfully written as well. Its lyrics have connotations to violence, but it still tells a story. Is it really that hard to see the difference between that and shit that is played in mainstream rap?

You guys are nice and fixated on me being some aristocratic, uppity, racist. I am not even white. I just recognize classless stupidity when I see it and like it or not, that type of music and lyrics I was listening to from those people is glamorizing classless stupidity.

I'm an adult and I listen to Rap, RnB, Rock, Blues, pop, I can dance and girlz like guys who can move their hips. So you can sit and watch me & and your girl dance to all the above mentioned music while I proceed to show her a very good time...:p

I'm an adult and I listen to Rap, RnB, Rock, Blues, pop, I can dance and girlz like guys who can move their hips. So you can sit and watch me & and your girl dance to all the above mentioned music while I proceed to show her a very good time...:p

this right here

Back