No-Gi Panams Oct 2nd in NYC

it was good i won my division but man some dude slammed me HARD from closed guard it's like WTF do you not know the rules...it's really messed up

also if anyone knows anyone at ibjjf or anyway to contact them this is supposed to be PURPLE ADULT LEVE (LIGHTWEIGHT) - i sent them an email but i dont know if they check

BLUE BELT SENIOR 3

LIGHT

FIRST Chris Visentin Alliance

SECOND Nick Marrone Serra BJJ

THIRD Jimmy Smith Marcelo Garcia

THIRD Kevin Mahecha American Top Team

it was good i won my division but man some dude slammed me HARD from closed guard it's like WTF do you not know the rules...it's really messed up

purple belt match?

one of the matches i saw, some guy was standing in his opponent's guard, his hand was pushing against the guy's chin/face, and it looked like a slam. i know there was a collective "ooohhhhh" when it happened. the guy got dq'ed.

I saw that, didn't know that was you
I was the dude with a red shirt, and holding a hoodie all day. Also if you were anywhere around Mat 7 I was the guy screaming "3 in a Row" "And he's done" If anyone was wondering lol.

purple belt match?

one of the matches i saw, some guy was standing in his opponent's guard, his hand was pushing against the guy's chin/face, and it looked like a slam. i know there was a collective "ooohhhhh" when it happened. the guy got dq'ed.

yup i was the guy getting slammed - it wasn't fun - i saw it on video after it looked awful I'll try and post it on youtube

why didn't marcelo compete?

would have liked to see him against pablo

If Marcelo would have competed they wouldn't have fought. Pablo was fighting at Medium heavy, Marcelo fights at Medium. Pablo only goes down to Middle once and thats for ADCC, but it's not like he'll be able to do that anymore with the rule change.

If only they had a division where grapplers from all weight divisions could compete against each other.

That was Max McGarr, program director at Renzo's. He's a monster and his passing WAS really on point in that match. It was a variation on one of John's favorite passes, which I was impressed to see used so well without the gi.

what was the pass??

If Marcelo would have competed they wouldn't have fought. Pablo was fighting at Medium heavy, Marcelo fights at Medium. Pablo only goes down to Middle once and thats for ADCC, but it's not like he'll be able to do that anymore with the rule change.

yeah, pablo won the open division.

Back