No-Gi Panams Oct 2nd in NYC

Eric O

Me > You
@Silver
Reaction score
Did anyone else compete today? It was probably the most smoothly run large grappling tournament I've been too.

I was there, couldn't compete because I missed out on registration :(
In my opinion it wasn't run that well, below average from what they usually do. My training partner/co worker waited over an hour between his semi final, & final match, thats ridiculous.

I went. It was a good tournament that ran pretty well and I enjoyed myself. There were some awesome matches, I was kind of hoping that I would have been able to watch the black belt matches, but they happened before I gt there. I heard Pablo popovitch won absolute

I went. It was a good tournament that ran pretty well and I enjoyed myself. There were some awesome matches, I was kind of hoping that I would have been able to watch the black belt matches, but they happened before I gt there. I heard Pablo popovitch won absolute

Rick was telling my instructor Justin, how you got cheated in you're finals match, that sucks Brazilian conspiracy lol.

Rick was telling my instructor Justin, how you got cheated in you're finals match, that sucks Brazilian conspiracy lol.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was bummed a bit to lose that way (refs decision), but it happens. The upside was that both guys (brothers) that I competed against were super cool dudes, and we had great matches, which was cool.

Last edited:
I really want to know the results, I know a bunch of people who competed in it. But of course IBJJF probably won't upload them for a while.

I really want to know the results, I know a bunch of people who competed in it. But of course IBJJF probably won't upload them for a while.

I think they get results up pretty quick. Off the top of my head:

Black absolute: 1st Pablo popovitch, 2nd ?, 3rd caio terra

Black lightweight, 1st jt Torres
Black featherweight, 1st henrique resende (pretty sure), 2nd renan Borges (pretty sure theirs was finals)
Brown masters absolute, 1st Monroe hall, 2nd Alberto marchetti (not 100 percent on this one)

Brown medium heavy , 1st Monroe hall, 2nd Josh waitzkin

Brown featherweight masters, 1st marlon loor Vera, 2nd Josh Vogel (me), 3rd Fernando Vera

That's pretty much all I have so far. As a side note, does anyone know who Brandon quick was competing against from renzos school in brown belt medium heavy or heavy? That guy had some awesome guard passing and I would like to see more of his matches.

Also, Emily kwok won womens black absolute. I think she won her weight also, but I'm not 100 percent on that one either.

i wanna know all the results!!!

Pablo Popovitch vs Caio Terra, Black belt absolute

Yea I competed yesterday at blue leve adult. Got matched up with a really good wrestler. I almost had him in a guillotine but he slipped out. We went back and fourth the whole round but he ended up finishing me in the end. I guess I need to work on my wrestling more. It was a very well run event. I was very impressed.

Yea I competed yesterday at blue leve adult. Got matched up with a really good wrestler. I almost had him in a guillotine but he slipped out. We went back and fourth the whole round but he ended up finishing me in the end. I guess I need to work on my wrestling more. It was a very well run event. I was very impressed.

marcelo's team was rolling deep.

Good tournament. I got silver at blue senior 1 medium heavy. Hurt my rib at the beginning of the final match. Nice medals and t-shirts. :)

Good tournament. I got silver at blue senior 1 medium heavy. Hurt my rib at the beginning of the final match. Nice medals and t-shirts. :)

Fuck, I forgot to get my T-shirt, lol.

I got a gold in Purple HW.

As a side note, does anyone know who Brandon quick was competing against from renzos school in brown belt medium heavy or heavy? That guy had some awesome guard passing and I would like to see more of his matches.

That was Max McGarr, program director at Renzo's. He's a monster and his passing WAS really on point in that match. It was a variation on one of John's favorite passes, which I was impressed to see used so well without the gi.

That was Max McGarr, program director at Renzo's. He's a monster and his passing WAS really on point in that match. It was a variation on one of John's favorite passes, which I was impressed to see used so well without the gi.

Sweet! Thanks, that guy was awesome

My training partner/co worker Anthony Sepulveda took 2nd in the Purple feather weight division submitting 3 dudes in under 6 minutes, but then losing to Gianni Grippo. We'll be back!!!

Carlson Gracie black belt Daniel Wanderley won the masters black belt leve. Carlson Gracie Brown belt Israel Reyes got 3rd in light heavy brown, losing by some questionable foul.

Back