No f'in way Marvin beats Izzy

Dunno why you guys are shitting on him, he dominated a fairly dangerous striker on short notice and got tagged a few times, thats what happens in MMA, espechially when you take risks like that. If he sharpens his striking up a tad bit more and makes sure to be patient and check the kicks, hes a pretty tough matchup for Izzy on paper. He already gave him issues in the first fight.

In hindsight, Whittaker had a horrible gameplan against Israel. Their was this narrative that you could not stand in front of israel at all and have sucess striking normally (even though Gastelum already did) and he was pretty much constantly charging in trying to be awkward, only making israels job even easier.

I guess you didn't see their razor tight first fight.

SMH.

I don't see him beating Whittaker, Costa, Gastelum or Cannonier. And he would have a tough fight against Till and Brunson. I just don't see him having a title shot.

He beats cannonier i think

Holland has better grappling than Izzy, but way worse tdd. Marvin will be more competitive on the feet with Izzy than Izzy will be on the ground with Marvin.

As far as how Marvin matches up against the top 5, he's better everywhere than Brunson including cardio & chin. Till is the worst grappler in the top 15 at MW, easy sub for Marvin. Rob is a bad matchup via takedown defense & experience, but he has been dropped/rocked about 10 times in his last 5 fights. His durability is definitely waning. Cannonier is old & can be taken down easily, alsoess durable.

Marvin, at just 27 years old(!), is still ascending & is fully capable of beating anyone at MW because he can take the fight wherever his opponent is weakest.

What about marvin vs gastelum

I don't see him beating Whittaker, Costa, Gastelum or Cannonier. And he would have a tough fight against Till and Brunson. I just don't see him having a title shot.

LMAO @ Kelvin. Marvin would abuse him and prolly does when they train at Kings

This.

I know there is this desperation to watch Izzy lose but let’s at least be objective about it. Vettori is going to have to improve his takedowns in the open and just grind it out if he had a chance. I just don’t really see what was shown in this fight to have people confident against Izzy. How quickly people forget just how high class of a fighter Izzy is because he lost a fight taking a chance moving up a division.

Vettori didn’t choose to make this an ugly fight. He was essentially forced into it because Holland was giving him so fits on the feet at times. The length and striking was bothering Vettori. So we are to believe that a fighter in Izzy, who is levels above Holland striking in terms of speed and skill...who also uses his reach better then Holland couldn’t do the same which much better TDD as well....Also Izzy is much more comfortable physically and stronger then Holland at this weight class. Vettori isn’t going to take Izzy down at will and rag doll him like he did Holland.

It’s not to say that Vettori can’t improve but this wasn’t the type of performance to use as an example of why Vettori would win.

Yea, agree. Holland is dangerous but he has a million holes. He doesn’t circle off the fence consistently, he telegraphs a lot of his strikes, and obviously he’s a mess once grappling is initiated.

Not saying that but Izzy has improved a ton. His ability to lead and counter is way better than before. I don't see it being competitive at all this time around.

Vettori has improved as well. One guy has developed his mma striking game and the other his grappling game. I think it would be a really good fight.

Marvin has nothing for Izzy and their fight may very well end with doggy style sex.

izzy is a top.

I agree, in my mind Gastelum would fuck him up badly. He’s a good wrestler with great fucking hands. Bobby is great anti wrestler, and no way Vettori can strike with him. Costa is similar to Vettori except he’s a brawler not a grappler, they are both huge MW and cancel each other out imo. Cannonier might khtfo.

I bet TS though Kevin "hype train" Holland would be a threat to Izzy.

Back