No Excuses or Anything: But I kinda got double sandbagged today at NAGA

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
At least you left at 1:30 I left around 6:30! No gi is really dangerous I saw some dude being carried away on a strecher, with a broken leg. I also met rolls, Igor, and gregor gracie.

I meant that I was up on points with only one minute and thirty seconds for the win up 5 - 0, when I lost. I still ended up going to the emergency room for my toe. All the tendons were ripped to shreds and there was nothing the doctor could do since the toe was not broken. I left the tournament at 4:30 p.m. only because I lost. If I won I would have left at 6:30 pm or even 7 pm.

If I was you I would write Kipp Kollar & complain to him. I wrote to him on the past & he always wrote me back. I know they keep track of the kids past winner, because when I was there Sunday the people running Naga got mad at the kid competing in beginner level when they already won that division already. They said very loud give someone else a chance to win and move up lol. They should keep track of every division.

HARVEYFOFi said:
If I was you I would write Kipp Kollar & complain to him. I wrote to him on the past & he always wrote me back. I know they keep track of the kids past winner, because when I was there Sunday the people running Naga got mad at the kid competing in beginner level when they already won that division already. They said very loud give someone else a chance to win and move up lol. They should keep track of every division.
They should stop being greedy and set up a deadline. Like 2 days before the comp so they can get everything in order.

the sandbagging in novice was ridiculous too there were a number of wrestlers and 2 of the guys i talked to said they've been training like 8 months (novice is under 6 months w/no wrestlers)

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

oh well,
hey congrats on 2nd place.

that rocks in my book.

if you got bumped you might assume others have been bumped up too for whatever reasons.

still kinda pointless of them to do that unless that weightclass just didnt have any guys (probably why you got bye'd).

NAGA is a WEAK and unorganized tournament. Id rather do grappler's quest

It sucks I know. It's like meeting a judo black belt in the white belt bjj division.
But every fight gets you experience win or lose.

It sucks more to lose a fight and get the silver by the way. I have 3 silver medals from tournaments where we were only two in my weight class. I'm not particularly proud of them.

350 lbs fist said:
It sucks I know. It's like meeting a judo black belt in the white belt bjj division.
But every fight gets you experience win or lose.

It sucks more to lose a fight and get the silver by the way. I have 3 silver medals from tournaments where we were only two in my weight class. I'm not particularly proud of them.
I used to be 200 before I started grappling, and now I'm 155. The way I see it: making weight is an accomplishment too. Therefore, I don't mind getting a metal in those circumstances. However, I agree it isn't as nice as winning a bracket with more people.

Back