no event announced beween March 16th and April 20th

SimonNova

Worship and forget
@Steel
Reaction score
Do you think we will have to go again through an unbearable 5 weeks without any event or that they might put dunno, an FX card in between?

Logically, if the roster grows, they HAVE to add a few events else, it simply means fighters wont fight as often, which sucks.

Anyone heard rumours about a possible FX or FUEL card during those 5 weeks?

UFC 158 : March 16th

??? : ???

FOx 7 : April 20th

Wouldn't surprise me, last year was the same iirc.

This is what happens when we get too many crybabies complaining about "oversaturation" bullshit.

They have 7 events in 2 months in 5 countries before then and can't keep a pace like that all year.

If you are really jonesing for MMA there are other shows you can watch. Bellator will be doing a free card every week, AXS.TV events, etc.

Do you think we will have to go again through an unbearable 5 weeks without any event or that they might put dunno, an FX card in between?

Logically, if the roster grows, they HAVE to add a few events else, it simply means fighters wont fight as often, which sucks.

Is the Tuf Finale scheduled other than JJ/Sonnen?

Having a break will be good. More mma is not always better as we have seen by the oversaturation this year and the declining entertainment value of events.

It was the same like in 2011, because i remember they had like 4-5 weeks of no events between GSP vs. Shields. I am now thinking this time is Zuffa's vacation time for all of its employees (LOL).

I actually like it. I don't even really look forward to cards that much anymore

Is the Tuf Finale scheduled other than JJ/Sonnen?

That's a possibility. Normally it's in June but that's because the show starts in March. With an early schedule, it's likely the show falls a few weeks before Jones vs Sonnen.

I believe it is also when "convention season" is heaviest for hotels and convention centers. Basically, hotels and convention centers host meetings, conventions, and conferences that have be booked up to a year in advance for many different professional reasons and occasions.

well with Jones/Sonnen being the week after Fox 7 i would put the chances of UFC on FX 8 waiting till May slim to none.

There's the TUF Finale in there somewhere. Plus, I got a feeling the UFC is waiting to see how the whole Strikeforce roster dealio, and how many injuries they will have by then. As for why there's a gap, the biggest time for fights is winter and summer, and kinda sorta fall. Spring is kinda no mans' land, unless you're able to schedule around the NBA and NHL playoffs right.

The UFC have upwards of 100 fights (with over 200 fighters) scheduled among their announced bouts (once all the bouts for all the fights are announced), so they are also waiting to see how many of those guys would get medical clearance to fight. The UFC is also, on top of that, waiting to see if a few injured guys will be ready to fight by then.

But regardless, we'll have the main events and dates set for events during that time. There's probably 1 or 2 events in that time frame, but ultimately, scheduling then is crazy, due to March Madness (which would be better with just 16 teams).

^the NBA playoffs ya but i dont think the UFC cares about the NHL playoffs one bit.

Having a break will be good. More mma is not always better as we have seen by the oversaturation this year and the declining entertainment value of events.

Speak for yourself an MMA event every other weekend is perfect for me.

I think it has to do with Wrestlemania being on around that time...IIRC..UFC has been doing this for years..or at least the last couple years

Being as how I know you posted in the UFC to host 31 events next year (SAME as 2013) thread, I find it a little odd that you would post something like this...

Thats because it has also ben said that in 2013, the UFC would host 34 events instead of 31 and I dont know which report is accurate as of now

edit : last year we had a HUGE gap between March 3rd and April 14th too, but it wasnt planned in the first place, there was supposed to be UFC 145 in MTL on MARCH 29th but it got cancelled because there was not enough big names available to put a PPV together back then, UFC 146 ATLANTA became UFC 145.

Back