Nicolas Winding Refn Appreciation (NEON DEMON OUT NOW ON BLURAY!!!)

tumblr_miug3fofw61qbp4vao1_r1_500.gif

Drive re-imagined as a drawing in a children's book is everything.

drive_watermarked.jpg

I still haven't seen Neon Demon. I'm a disgrace

Today marks the release of the trailer for a film that will surely be one of the best horrors of the past decade

Neon Demon, by Nicolas GOATing Refn.

The hipster genius director responsible for all time classics Drive and Only God Forgives, almost classics Bronson and Pusher, before the Revenant was cool cinematography heavy journey Valhalla Rising, and this classic 53 second vignette

Coming into Mayberry Lounge and seeing the ridiculous amount of attention cheap mainstream comic films get is becoming sickening. Whoever made the Korean Action Movies thread, props to you, this section needs more appreciation for great, artistic cinema.

I will make sure to bump this thread in a few months when Neon Demon drops and becomes a confirmed classic. In the meantime, lettuce appreciate a director who makes compelling, divisive cinema and whos craft gets better and better with every film.

Especially interested in Only God Forgives opinions. One of my all time favorite films, but one that got booed at Cannes and has had a polarizing effect on people

The Revenant definitely made me think of Valhalla Rising

Man, it's good to see some love for Refn's work. Most people give me shit for liking Only God Forgives and Neon Demon. :p

Back