Nick Newell Signs w/Bellator. Did UFC lose?

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm going to check him out.

I think the UFC may have mistake on the one fight deal In terms of revenue.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...XAwUC6dotHX_ary8dmGcKq9P-7MywOB450MeFv3j97Yik

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following a report by Hartford Courant.

Newell (15-2) is coming off a first-round submission win over Antonio Castillo Jr. at CES 56, his first appearance since losing to Alex Munoz at Dana White’s Contender Series a year ago.

The former WSOF star, whose other defeat came by the hands of Justin Gaethje in 2014, won 12 of his fights by stoppage.

Browning (5-2) was victorious in both Bellator appearances, submitting Kevin Ferguson Jr., son of late Kimbo Slice, and reality TV star Aaron Chalmers.

What would they have missed out on? Nick seems like a great guy, with a compelling story but he’s not a prospect. If the UFC signed him for one off fight, just for the publicity then I’m sure people would be upset that UFC were exploiting him.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...XAwUC6dotHX_ary8dmGcKq9P-7MywOB450MeFv3j97Yik

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following a report by Hartford Courant.

Newell (15-2) is coming off a first-round submission win over Antonio Castillo Jr. at CES 56, his first appearance since losing to Alex Munoz at Dana White’s Contender Series a year ago.

The former WSOF star, whose other defeat came by the hands of Justin Gaethje in 2014, won 12 of his fights by stoppage.

Browning (5-2) was victorious in both Bellator appearances, submitting Kevin Ferguson Jr., son of late Kimbo Slice, and reality TV star Aaron Chalmers.

dana was never gone sign him. the fight he gave him last year was a chairty to used him to get views on fight pass.

What would they have missed out on? Nick seems like a great guy, with a compelling story but he’s not a prospect. If the UFC signed him for one off fight, just for the publicity then I’m sure people would be upset that UFC were exploiting him.

Well he did have that shot at the Contender Series, but now with Bellator, we can see if he's going to be around that respectable level or we'll see if, against the higher breed of fighters, he'll be mostly harmless

No not really, UFC are the leading company by a mile and they have lots of talent on their roster, it's not like the dude is an established star like Conor but even then they still wouldn't have lost because UFC are selling on their own due to the fact they are the UFC.

That's like saying did Vince McMahon lose out cause Chris Jericho went to the other wrestling promotion (I forget the name but I think Cody Rhodes does it) and it's like no, he's the WWE and they're always going to be the leading competitor entertainment and money wise.

If anything talent not going to the UFC aren't showcasing themselves on the biggest platform.

I don’t think UFC wants a piece of that. Potential bad PR waiting to happen.

I think I’ll just leave it as that.

His contender series fight showed that his ceiling is regional shows/opponents. Sure, the UFC has some guys he could beat, but most would be able to exploit his disability.

The UFC put him in the main event of their contender series and promoted him.

He got dominated for 15 minutes.

Miss out? This guy got his ass handed by some 4-0 dude in the contender series. What ever happened to that other guy? I'm more interested in that.

LOL It looks like you just care about him because he is missing an arm. You like freakshows? Maybe you should watch rizin events, sounds like your cup of tea.

Bunch of turds reposting the same shit over and over... “”” bbbbbbbbut I’ll get my post count higher””.... keep on piping that skin flute nerds

I heard that the UFC did want to sign him, but in contract negotiations he tried to take them for an arm and a leg.

tenor.gif

This kid sucks! Stop with the whole side show stick! He has been protected his whole career! minute he fights a solid fighter he gets run over...there are so many other great fighters who also have a career to build!

If he wins they probably will give him a new multi fight contract.

He's not a bad but not elite but he can put on good fights o hope the best fir him.

Browning is a solid opponent.

dana was never gone sign him. the fight he gave him last year was a chairty to used him to get views on fight pass.

Dana never wanted to sign him but if he went out there and smoked that guy on the contender series and won by first round finish he absolutely would have been given a shot in UFC. If he lost his first fight or two he'd probably be cut soon after with Dana saying it was a mistake and he cant hang in UFC but he would have been given the chance if he won on that show.

The ufc is very ableist it would seem... They were even talking about taking away deaf legend Matt Hamill 's win over golden boy Jones...

Smart move by Bellator to test it out. Use him to sell tickets, he'll probably be the best regional ticket seller they ever had so he'll help sell that show out. If he loses they dont lose anything with him since its a one fight deal. if he wins he'll get a multi fight deal and they'll see how he does. He can beat the lower level guys but I think as soon as they jump him up to the mid level Bellator LW he gets beat.

Back