Nick Diaz vs Demian Maia, who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
I was actually thinking the opposite. If it's 5 rounds it will favor Nick more because of the cardio advantage. Maia got a bit winded in the Brown fight despite being in control the entire time
The opposite?

I was giving it to Maia (The Backpack) but in a 5 rounder I was eluding to maybe favoring Nick.

Nick chances in a 5 rounder > Nicks chances in a 3 rounder, we agree, yes?

Dana would never make this fight happen

As I said in one of the other umpteen threads about this, it would be literally an insanely boring fight...

Maia's wrestling is decent, Nick's TTD is horrible. On the ground they are both stellar but likely will negate each other. Which means, Maia lays on top of Diaz for 25 minutes.

Does anyone really want to see this?

The opposite?

I was giving it to Maia (The Backpack) but in a 5 rounder I was eluding to maybe favoring Nick.

Nick chances in a 5 rounder > Nicks chances in a 3 rounder, we agree, yes?

You're right, I read that totally wrong for some reason

He Diaz could somehow keep it standing it would be lopsided. Love both fighters though

Nick bjj is surreal and his boxing is superior to Maya's to say the least
I cant see Nick losing this one

Maia.
Nick is so overrated on this forum

Inspired from a few other threads and Nick being off his suspension, I was just curious who you guys think wins this matchup in a 3 round fight? I think this is retardedly close personally. Nick has the striking advantage but I can just as easily see Maia latching onto Nick and controlling him.

Why the crickets win of course...

I kid, I kid. :p

Maia by decision.

Good fight though.

That's a very boring fight on paper unless Diaz is able to box Maia up on the feet (very unlikely due to Maia's mastery of clinch takedowns and Diaz's lack of footwork to avoid clinching situations). Much more likely is that Maia repeatedly trips Nick and lays on top of him. Diaz is great defensively off his back so the fight would be a stalemate with Maia winning via being on top for like 75% of the fight.

Maia would most likely win via Grappling his way to a UD.

Then Diaz will complain that Maia isn't a "hitter" and semi retire for another 2 years.

COME AT ME DIAZ FANBOYS!!
camb.gif

Damn. I would NOT want to see this fight.... I love both guys.

Demian wins easily, and then afterwards someone will have to translate Nick's mumblings to let us know how he didn't think it was a real fight because he was just hugged the entire match.

I just feel like Nick should have a lot of faith in his BJJ game in most matches, but not in this one and I could see it being his undoing. Maia is just so good, and while Nick is prolly practicing hard, practicing hard tends to be nothing close to being active and competitive.

All of this is IMO. Nothing more, nothing less. If def still watch the fight though.

Last edited:
I would go with Maia by decision. I don't think he would submit Nick, but he would control and dominate him and be on top on the ground.

Maia, especially since Nick is a volume puncher he doesn't have to worry about explosive bombs coming at him.

Back