News Nick Diaz thinks Robbie Lawler fight is too easy: "I already beat him"... aims for Usman

Nah, you're 100% right. I've met Nick in training/tournaments a few times and also ran into him at the gyms in Stockton / the bar scene in that area. When he was loaded he was 100% chill and extroverted. Very anti-Nick. You could 100% see why he drank a lot, etc. because he became the anti-anxiety version of himself.

You're spot on about the growth. He isn't hitting bars every night and he's much more cogent than he was a few years back. It's nice to see, but also hard to see him expose his vulnerabilities like in the newest Brett interview. He's always been very self aware, but it seems now he's self aware that he won't ever feel "right" about his life, but it's too late to change it.

At least he's aware of it. Maybe it'll help him cope when he's fully away from this and just rolling on the mat and working with students. He's close to the end of the line as a fighter, so maybe that self awareness is seeping into other aspects of his life and he doesn't need to drink to dampen his anxiety and discomfort.

Not a ringing endorsement that this is a good idea.
200.gif

Gyms are closing left and right due to covid, of course seminars and travelling aren’t going to be a successful venture right now lol Nick needs money that’s why he’s coming back, nothing more nothing less.
He had all of 2015-2019 to open gyms and/or do seminars pre-covid, so I don't if I buy that excuse for needing money; though he's often been spotted partying in that timeframe, so needing money because he spent it all partying is a lot more believable.

Typical Nick Diaz. Always sounds depressed and shit. I really wish he didn't feel like he has to do this, but at the same time, it sounds like he wants to do this but also wants to blame it on something else.

I know this business venture fell through, but there's gotta be other opportunities out there for him.

That being said, it's fight week. You're here now. Get that shit out of your head and let's go.

Interesting about his feelings towards Nate as well. You have to think Nate has made a lot of $$$ and Nick possibly feels like he's owed because of the past. Tough, he doesn't like beating on people and doesn't want to take a beating... A successfully fighter that has been away from the sport for a time. Hope he makes it to the fight and if not what's next for him?

I love how nobody within the first 20 replies, actually READ THE FUCKIN ARTICLE before having an opinion (myself included- I had to edit my post cause I commented before clicking on the article reading the whole thing).

This is why we're a generations that's easy to manipulate.

Nick is upset that the UFC matched him with somebody he already beat- he feels Robbie is too easy for him. He wants Usman, and feels he can beat Usman.

READ THE ARTICLE
Guilty. Watch the video first and read the post second.

Not for defeating Robbie Lawler at 185

Nick needs to beat someone at 170 if he wants a WW title shot.

No - it was a Usman vs Diaz (joke) reference to the poster who mentioned it.

Yes and Evander is 58 and still fighting too, that doesn't mean he should be. I'm calm just amused at how morally bankrupt these athletic commissions and promoters are. This is a freak show fight wrapped in nostalgia.
There have been MMA champs at 44 and boxing champs older than that. Again, calm down and get over yourself. Nick's barely fought over the last 10 years and doesn't even have that much cumulative damage.

Ah yes, that thing I did in 2004 is completely the same as this will be.... The more that comes out with this fight, the more I think Diaz ain't serious. I mean ya never know what's going on, Lawler has lost 5 of his last 6, but Diaz hasn't won a fight since what, 2011 again BJ? I'm all for this because fuck it : NOSTALGIA : but this is not looking good for either side really.

The bar I watched it in is booked up (fortunately we got people on the insside lol) -- and there is genuine hype, so at least it's hopefully fun. I watched the 2004 fight in this bar and to think my ass would literally be in the same seat in 2021 is pretty fucking crazy.

Nick Diaz and Derrick Lewis are the only two fighters I can think of off the top of my head who admit they don’t like fighting. Any others?
Rory McDonald is at least uncertain if he likes it and King Mo said something similar. Mo said it after losing his last 4 fights so it may have also been an excuse. But some fighters really love it--even with the hardships.

Nick Diaz shouldnt even be licensed to fight. Guy looks like 60. Admits he doesnt even want to fight but is forced to. Terrible.

Yeah this isn't going too go well for Diaz barring Lawler losing his head and doing something dumb, He clearly doesn't have the mindset needed to compete at a high level anymore. If he loves coaching, maybe he should stick to that. Also the top of the division is out of his reach, still has that mindset that he always has and always should deserve the best match-ups even when he clearly hasn't earned it.

The Diaz curse of wasting away a lot of potential because the world didn't bow down and give you what you wanted.

Welp time for Nick to start taking that Bob Sapp money. Show up get paid, tap to strikes in less than three minutes.

Also 38?! holy shit, I ask again how did this fight get sanctioned.
they sanctioned the fossils of chuck liddel and evander holyfield i don’t even know what these commissions are for if they don't do their job.

I love how nobody within the first 20 replies, actually READ THE FUCKIN ARTICLE before having an opinion (myself included- I had to edit my post cause I commented before clicking on the article reading the whole thing).

This is why we're a generations that's easy to manipulate.

Nick is upset that the UFC matched him with somebody he already beat- he feels Robbie is too easy for him. He wants Usman, and feels he can beat Usman.

READ THE ARTICLE

I watched the whole interview earlier. He's one of the more interesting fighters to see analyzed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back