Nick Diaz ready for Khamzat

I swear this is how he looked like three weeks before the Lawler fight and then showed up looking like he hadn't trained in months
Yeah that was fuckin weird right?

Is it a photogenic thing? he looked like he had a man bod when he was actually was on film and moving. I dont think that was a thing he can change at this point,hes old.

I swear this is how he looked like three weeks before the Lawler fight and then showed up looking like he hadn't trained in months

I know the picture you’re referring to and I’m pretty sure it was taken in April of that year. The Lawler fight was September. Not that it makes much of a difference as it was still shocking to see him in that bad of shape.

He is photoshopped or something. He had this in shape photo for his last fight and he looked really bad during the weigh in.

Anyone heard that he recently had neck surgery and couldn’t train for that Lawler rematch?

I would respect it if Nick really wanted to fight Khamzat. The Diaz boys were always known to be party poopers (albeit, not lately, and Nick, not for a long while).

He'd die, and I'd be ok with it. Definitely a fighter at MW lately whose had worse cardio than Khamzat.

Yeah that was fuckin weird right?

Is it a photogenic thing? he looked like he had a man bod when he was actually was on film and moving. I dont think that was a thing he can change at this point,hes old.
Never say never, Costa's secret juice is the fountain of youth from what I'm told. Diaz should look into it.

Last edited:
I would love to see Nick fight again if hes in shape and focused, but not against Khamzat...that is just a terrible matchup for him as he has always struggled with strong wrestlers. I have been saying this for years now but FFS book him vs Matt Brown, both are past their prime still fan favourites and I think would have a great fight.

Good for him hopefully he got off the booze

I know the picture you’re referring to and I’m pretty sure it was taken in April of that year. The Lawler fight was September. Not that it makes much of a difference as it was still shocking to see him in that bad of shape.
What a disappointment that was…Cesar Gracie said after the Robbie fight that Nick had a bad neck injury going into the fight or something like that, which could explain why he showed up looking so bad, but idk what was true or if it was ever addressed again

Back