Nick Diaz needs a tune up fight

KO By Knee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
+ id like to see that Cardio and boxing on display, who would you put him against?

Looks like the running votes are for
Matt Brown
Jake Ellenberger
Robbie Lawler

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

This isn't boxing. If he wants to fight, he should fight someone meaningful.

It's good in theory but Nick will never take a tune up fight. He wants a money fight.

But to answer your question I would love to see him and Matt Brown.

Yeah WW title fight can be the tune up then he can fight Bisping/Hendo

Anyone that would fight nick would have to be high ranked if he has any intentions of getting that woodley or gsp fight

He should start somewhere near Kelvin Gastelum level

I spoke to Nick, said he'd fight your old man anytime. For free.

Yea because everything he said so far leads right into him wanting a tune up fight , it will be GSP for a lot of money or Woodley for the KO Lawler Belt

Anyone that doesn't wrestle or uses footwork and leg kicks.

+ id like to see that Cardio and boxing on display, who would you put him against?
Nick Diaz only fights for titles and only fights superfights

there are no superstars left for Nicholas

Jorge Masvidal.
He has good boxing (striking in general), tough, and he isnt highly ranked, so i guess he can be considered a tune-up fight, although it is far from a gimme fight. Nick Diaz pressures too much for Masvidal to coast, in my opinion this is an interesting match up between two of the better boxers at welterweight.

I agree he needs a tuneup or just anything that is not a title fight.

Matt brown is an exciting fight, he's ranked (?), and he's beatable. If Diaz wins that we will have recent footage of him getting an actual win.
Lawler vs Diaz II is also a great fight, popular guys, likely all stand-up. It'd be a huge statement if Diaz could pull off the win.
Diaz Ellenberger could work too, very beatable.
Diaz fans (myself included) will go bananas if he gets a win. I do not condone a title shot out of nowhere. I can accept a title shot off 1 win thought, as delusional as that may seem to anyone.

So many poeple go on long streaks, and we're all like; 'I think he needs another W or two', but with Diaz it's like; 'title shot baby' *coming off a loss, LOL
He needs one win before that though guys. Thats not too much to ask is it?

(Rational) Diaz nuthugger.

Back