Nick Diaz needs a tune up fight

Matt Brown would be the perfect tune-up fight. Always moves forward, one dimensional, likes to brawl and is really vulnerable to body shots. There's no way he loses that fight unless he's regressed to the point where he can't even beat the type of opponents he made a name off in Strikeforce.

Matt Brown would be the perfect tune-up fight. Always moves forward, one dimensional, likes to brawl and is really vulnerable to body shots. There's no way he loses that fight unless he's regressed to the point where he can't even beat the type of opponents he made a name off in Strikeforce.
Matt Brown despite his two fight skid is way better than ALL of Nick's strike force opponents.

Matt Brown despite his two fight skid is way better than ALL of Nick's strike force opponents.
I don't know if he's way better than Daley but I digress. The point is that he's tailor made for Nick to beat, I say that as a big fan of Brown.

But does Nick want a tune-up fight?

That is what Woodley is for.

Give him Cerrone.

Last edited:
What I took from Nick's recent interview, you need a belt or a big name in order to fight him.

+ id like to see that Cardio and boxing on display, who would you put him against?
why not have him fight Condit again
as the tears of salt
have been endless
through the years

I'd like to see him matched with Hendricks or elenberger. He'd ko either get a decent win and go from there. More than anything I just want to see him fight!

Or a win... since it's been 5 years.... since he's even had.... a win... =/

It's good in theory but Nick will never take a tune up fight. He wants a money fight.

But to answer your question I would love to see him and Matt Brown.
I really think that would end pretty quick. Matt just isn't on that level

So far Ellenberger and Brown seem like good fights

But does Nick want a tune-up fight?

He already said on ESPN he wont fight anyone who isn't a superstar and wont mention any other names because if he brings them up then they are famous. Sounded like he'd fight a proven champ or GSP if he wasn't scared. He turned down Lawler cause he lost (Nick having not won in 5 years doesn't matter because he is a star).

If Caceras loses this weekend he should be next up for Nick. High profile in his stupid leotard, people seem to like his stupid nickname, he's not very good, and he's a lot smaller than Nick.

There you have it. Should sell 1MM PPVs, and should be someone Nick can actually beat.

Back