Nick Diaz Is Scared

Nick is on record through out his entire career as always saying he doesn't like to fight and is always scared before a fight. This is nothing new, but the weight thing has me concerned. He's usually in pretty good shape year round, maybe not fighting shape, but he does tons of hiking, biking, triathlon type shit too (and weed smoking of course).
Couldn’t believe how much bigger Diaz was today comparatively to Lawler

Lol I jokingly threw Mike Tysons quote in from when he lost it at the Lennox Lewis press conf and it got deleted for flaming. Won't somebody think of the children

I am specifically referencing Nick DIaz, you are just pulling s*** out of your a**
Quoting another fighter is not “pulling shit out of my ass” you fucking retard.

If you have a problem then contact Josh Thomson since he’s the source.

ufc-taunt.gif

Despite that moment, Nick Diaz was more scared than ever in that fight. He was flinching in front of Anderson the entire fight and looked hesitant to strike first, and looked scared when Anderson got going. He was lucky this was right after Anderson's leg break or he would have fared a lot worse than that 50-45 loss.

Nick doesn’t strike me as the guy to pull these tactics.

He would just not turn up to the press conference if he didn’t want to fight, or just straight up say the fight is off.

He regretted taking this fight.
He wanted out.
So a week before the fight, he demands to move the fight to Middleweight, hoping this would cause the fight to be cancelled and then Nick could say "Robbie was scared to fight me".

Imagine, the same exact dimwit who has been crying for the past decade about how GSP weighed 1 pound over the limit, comes in 15+ pounds over his fight with Robbie.

nicks going to go through all this, just so he can say that robbie lawler is scared? that makes no sense whatsoever.

It takes two, and Anderson has been the aggressor many times but he obviously has better luck with brawlers. I like Nick he's cool but he would rather make a fool of himself and lose than just adjust his game plan. That mindset doesn't make sense to me.

Ya, I get what you are saying. I'm just saying that the same criticisms you reserve for Nick could be equally applied to Anderson for the boring fight.

Nick did adjust his gameplan. That's why he never became an Anderson highlight reel. As mentioned, Nick usually plods forward and throws a bazillion punches to wear people down. He didn't do that, and it was the smarter thing to do. So his mindset is "if I fight the way I usually do, Anderson's going to pick me apart like he does most everyone else". So he tried to goad Anderson into leading, which obviously didn't work. By laying down, and turning his back, Nick was attempting to piss Anderson off and throw him off his game. I know it looked ridiculous on the surface, but there was a reason for it.

But certainly, it would've been "self-sabotage", as you said earlier, if Nick simply decided he was going to go back to his usual ways and start being the aggressor.

I think we are generally in agreement, the boring fight and lack of action came from both fighters. However, Nick is the one who adjusted (by not leading) and Anderson was just Anderson, waiting for people to make a mistake so he could capitalize.

you obviously aren't familiar with nick diaz. things just don't make sense in his head. every fight goes this way.

He regretted taking this fight.
He wanted out.
So a week before the fight, he demands to move the fight to Middleweight, hoping this would cause the fight to be cancelled and then Nick could say "Robbie was scared to fight me".

Imagine, the same exact dimwit who has been crying for the past decade about how GSP weighed 1 pound over the limit, comes in 15+ pounds over his fight with Robbie.
IMG_20210925_123108.jpg

Back