Nick Diaz is overrated

there is so much talk of his return for a super fight or a title fight with Woodley but why? he lost his last 3 fights and has been out of action for 2 years .
I agree because he almost died on the hands of Paul Daily! Plus GSP broke him like a bully!

Just saw the Rogan Ultimate 8 on Nick. Funny as hell:

8: Santos: 1 – 3 Strikeforce, 1 – 2 Bellator, Never good enough for UFC.

7: Zaromskis: 0 – 2 – 1 Strikeforce, 1 – 2 Bellator, Never good enough for UFC

6: Daley: 1 – 3 Strikeforce, 2 – 1 UFC (one quick stoppage)

5: Penn: Old, Fat, LW on a 1 – 5 – 1 skid toward retirement. Still boxed up Nick in 1st round, outlanding him 33 – 20.

4: Noons: A LW who was 3 – 4 in Strikeforce and 2 - 3 – 1 in the UFC.

3: Gomi: A full head shorted and should be 2 weight classes below Nick. 4 – 7 UFC.

2: Lawler: In his 1st run in UFC he was 3 – 3 (including loss to Nick). He then went 3 – 5 in Strikeforce. Didn’t “Get it” until he joined ATT.

1: Shamrock: Retired 9 years before the Diaz fight. Was a shill for a dying promotion, trotted out as a sacrifice to Kung Le and Nick. Went into the cage with Nick with a broken rib, and no real intent on winning.

So that's the murderer's row that Nick built his rep on? Has beens and never weres?

Nick Diaz is a 0.500 UFC fighter who has never beat a legit Top 10 WW in his career.

His UFC wins were over Jackson, Lawler, Fickett, Oishi, Neer, Tibau, and Penn.

Every time he faced a decent UFC fighter he lost (Karo, Diego, Riggs, Sherk, Condit, GSP, Silva), even if they were smaller than him or coming off a major injury.

If Diaz wasn't the King of the Dope Smokers no one would care about him at all.

Condit refused to let Diaz get him against the cage and avoided it all cost. He insisted on staying in the center, he didn't stall, he just didn't allow Diaz to implement his gameplan.

Condit tried to do the same fight with gsp but gsp cut him off easily and had no problem keeping condit in front of him and against the cage anytime he wanted. Diaz for all of his vaunted boxing skills just didn't have the footwork

Nice analysis. I think you are probably right. I will have to watch the fight again keeping that in mind! Interesting point about Diaz not having the footwork.

Back