Nick Diaz is overrated

I believe so. The skill, technique, toughness is there but he seems not to be able to finish and dominate lately. Overrated, hard to agree however in these later years he hasn't been spectacular. Which in turn doesn't make you popular with the fans or bring in the PPV money

Via Greg Jacksons master plan of running. I love Carlos Condit but that was an out character fight for him.

If you want to call it an amazing fight for him, bless your heart. I won't stop you from believing it.

Enjoy.

Amazing? No. But it was a calculated high fight IQ fight for Carlos. Sorry Nick just expects people to stand in front of him and not use lateral movement. Remember Nick when for the take down cause he was losing the striking battle

Nick Diaz is in no way overrated. He may be high and delusional all the time but a nightmare for any fighter. You basically cant really beat him just out point and in a real fight, no time limit, no points, he'd finish them all. He's nonathletic for current points regime but heart and endurance would take over in a real fight

I wish we'd go back to UFC 1 rules. You;d see a lot of your so called champs and GOATS dropping like flies. Nick diaz would be at the top

Last edited:
We agree to disagree. I'm not here to change your mind on anything.

He wasn't "avoiding" being finished. You make it sound like he was helpless and was fighting defensively. In both fights he held his own. If either fighter would have steamrolled him then he clearly wasn't fit to fight top competition.

But again, you never stated what is an elite fighter. Yes obviously "beating an elite fighter means you are elite.".

So Gus lost to DC, Jones and A. Johnson. Is he not elite then? Lol. There must be a lot of non elite fighters in the UFC.

I'm not trying to say he was just being defensive, i just think there has to be more to being elite than just going the distance. Yeah he wasn't steamrolled, but he didn't come close to winning either. Plus he's lost to lesser opponents.

Elite does involve being competitive but that in and of itself isn't elite, you also need accomplishments and Diaz doesn't have that.

Gus took DC and Jones to their limit but he lost, he also got destroyed by Rumble, so his biggest accomplishments are losses so no he isn't elite

He is probably the most overrated fighter on Sherdog I'd say. He's never beaten anyone in the top 5 of any division he's competed in yet he's spoken about like he's some all time great when he's in fact just a moaning punk.

He's tough yes, he'll fight anyone yes (both deserve respect) but so was Chris Lytle.

Are you saying Chris Lytle doesn't deserve respect? He was a tough SOB.

Are you saying Chris Lytle doesn't deserve respect? He was a tough SOB.

No I'm saying he isn't spoken about like some great even though he has all the attributes that Nick has aswell as being humble and not moaning like a little queer when he loses a fight.

Definitely overrated. Definitely a tough as hell fight.

I wouldn't say he is over rated. He's rangy and has a unorthodox style that makes him difficult to fight. He's tough as fuck, has a do or die attitude and that makes him dangerous. Technically and physically he's not the best but he's a warrior and entertaining.

Nick Diaz is in no way overrated. He may be high and delusional all the time but a nightmare for any fighter. You basically cant really beat him just out point and in a real fight, no time limit, no points, he'd finish them all. He's nonathletic for current points regime but heart and endurance would take over in a real fight

I wish we'd go back to UFC 1 rules. You;d see a lot of your so called champs and GOATS dropping like flies. Nick diaz would be at the top

If his fight with gsp had no rules, gsp would have cracked the bank of his head open

I wouldnt be surprised if he beats Woodley if that fight happens. I think woodley wins but not by a wide margin.

giphy.gif

tZMSQVs.gif

tB9Uzwg.gif

nickdiaz_bjpenn_headbutt_punches.gif

gsp%2B1.gif

nick+diaz+form+gif.gif

birdman-respeck-GIF

I'm not trying to say he was just being defensive, i just think there has to be more to being elite than just going the distance. Yeah he wasn't steamrolled, but he didn't come close to winning either. Plus he's lost to lesser opponents.

Elite does involve being competitive but that in and of itself isn't elite, you also need accomplishments and Diaz doesn't have that.

Gus took DC and Jones to their limit but he lost, he also got destroyed by Rumble, so his biggest accomplishments are losses so no he isn't elite

I am just trying to see where you are coming from.

Okay so according to you there aren't very many elite fighters in the UFC then. I suppose that's where we differ. I believe you don't have to be the very best to be considered Elite. There's always gotta be a loser and a winner in the fight game. Where as you believe only a select few are considered true elite fighters, and thats fine.

DC also never beat Jon Jones, so he was never elite then.

Absolutely overrated. Dude can't earn a titleshot yet keeps becoming the #1 contender or gets #1 contender bouts with 0 wins.

That is basically the definition of overrated.

If he fought consistently, he would be the bottom of the top10 at best at WW.

Amazing? No. But it was a calculated high fight IQ fight for Carlos. Sorry Nick just expects people to stand in front of him and not use lateral movement. Remember Nick when for the take down cause he was losing the striking battle

Calculated fights aren't always the best way to sell yourself. I don't know what Nick expected, nor do I care. From a fan prospective it was an ugly fight for him. But then and again, there are always fans who like to watch a fighter fight like a minimalist to get that win at any cost. Not sure why anybody would support a fighter for fighting like this, but good for him I guess.

The only person in history of the sport to have fought against the lightweight, welterweight and middleweight goat's. No one else can say that. No one fights the level of competition Nick does. Regardless of weight.

I agree with you to a point. The diaz bros, especially Nick, get very frustrated when fighters don't stand and bang with them. That's where their taunting and baiting come in.

BUT, Condit wasn't just using lateral movement--he was straight up running away and refusing to fight. It was kind of ridiculous. I guess it was the best strategy to not engage, and as a bonus was sure to enrage Diaz. But he was avoiding fighting. This is a fight that needed Pride-era yellow cards for stalling.

I am just trying to see where you are coming from.

Okay so according to you there aren't very many elite fighters in the UFC then. I suppose that's where we differ. I believe you don't have to be the very best to be considered Elite. There's always gotta be a loser and a winner in the fight game. Where as you believe only a select few are considered true elite fighters, and thats fine.

DC also never beat Jon Jones, so he was never elite then.

If there were so many elite fighters or any profession or activity, being elite wouldn't mean much. In the case of Diaz, not only did he lose to gsp and silva, he also lost to condit. In elite xc he also lost Noons, although it was later avenged. He hits his ceiling at a particular level of opponents and the only time he had sustained success was outside of the UFC.

I'm not saying he's a scrub, he's a very tough fighter, he's pretty good, but he's not top tier, never beat the best in his division.

Same with Gus, he has lost to every top fighter he ever faced. I don't see how beating only the shoguns and Manuwas of the world makes you elite.

DC never beat Jones but he beat the other top contenders in the division and is the champion, that's elite

I agree with you to a point. The diaz bros, especially Nick, get very frustrated when fighters don't stand and bang with them. That's where their taunting and baiting come in.

BUT, Condit wasn't just using lateral movement--he was straight up running away and refusing to fight. It was kind of ridiculous. I guess it was the best strategy to not engage, and as a bonus was sure to enrage Diaz. But he was avoiding fighting. This is a fight that needed Pride-era yellow cards for stalling.

Condit refused to let Diaz get him against the cage and avoided it all cost. He insisted on staying in the center, he didn't stall, he just didn't allow Diaz to implement his gameplan.

Condit tried to do the same fight with gsp but gsp cut him off easily and had no problem keeping condit in front of him and against the cage anytime he wanted. Diaz for all of his vaunted boxing skills just didn't have the footwork

Back