1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Nicholas Wade and the Reality of Race

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Cold Front, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Front Banned Banned

For Ashkenazi Jews in the U.S., who are intermarrying at a high rate, it will probably quickly lower their mean IQ to that of the surrounding population very soon. Maybe a century. In short, Jews will become less distinctive the more they intermarry.

By definition, very adverse negative mutations will not spread because they're not beneficial to reproduction.

Beneficial mutations, on the other hand, will spread around the world depending on the level of their benefit. If the benefit is high, then very quickly. If the benefit is not high, then much more gradually.

2. IDL Steel Belt

Yikes. Have you read A Brave New World? Huxley invisions a world where people no longer reproduce naturally and all of the common classes are bred for distinct purposes by the state.

So people would be smart enough to perform their tasks, but not smart enough to figure out they were being used..

3. Cold Front Banned Banned

From Wade's book, a very specific illustration of how quickly IQ can go up. Keep in mind it's just an illustration:

4. Cold Front Banned Banned

Yeah, it's good book and he was basing it on a lot of ideas we're discussing in this thread.

Remember, though, even if we as a society don't select for certain traits, nature still does the selecting for us.

5. Threetrees The Seller

I've read the Sports Gene
    have to check this book out

6. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

It's just the latest book to get academic racists excited and get laughed at by actual scientists.

7. Threetrees The Seller

Maybe.
    I still consider it worth a read.
    You never read things you don't necessarily agree with?

8. IDL Steel Belt

Certainly. Our society would not accept the state doing that in its current form.

9. Cold Front Banned Banned

I thought that was a great book. I loved his very detailed physiological descriptions for why the Altiplano Indians, the Tibetans, and the East Africans living at high altitudes along the Rift Valley all developed different adaptations.

"The Vitruvian NBA Player" and "The Big Bang of Body Types" chapters were cool, too

10. Cold Front Banned Banned

Hahaha ! Like Jack Savage knows any actual scientists.

11. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

I read things I don't agree with all the time. This particular book doesn't look worth reading at all. I mean, go ahead if you want to, but like I said, these come up all the time, get racist hearts aflutter, and then they always turn out to be full of shit.

I've posted a few good reviews already.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/jun/05/stretch-genes/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/primate-diaries/2014/05/21/on-the-origin-of-white-power/

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpres...as-wade-professor-ceiling-cat-says-paws-down/

But you know how these go. Academic racists just think that the reason people laugh at them is that they are intimidated into it the PC police. I'm sure the TS can quote Steve Sailer, Jared Taylor, David Duke, or John Derbyshire supporting his view, though.

Yes, surely, anyone who thinks that racism is stupid can't possibly "know any scientists."

12. kpt018 Gold Belt

I am not familiar with this guy's work, but here is a critique of this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/agust...ome-ignorance-of-nicholas-wade_b_5344248.html

Ouch. If you don't want to read the whole thing, here's a piece:

"Wade's approach is particularly dangerous because his argument is that he is just a defender of scientific truth and that a cabal of left-leaning academics is obfuscating reality with oppressive, even fascistic, denials of the truth about race. Unfortunately, he is either ignorant of the actual data and diversity of research or he is willfully avoiding them."

And even more damning is that apparently he doesn't really even define race specific enough to test.

IDK, the book sounds like a total waste of time.

13. LucasWithLidOff Banned Banned

It doesn't stop and the substituion rates of alleles in a genome can be used as a molecular clock.

14. CableandThanos Yellow Card Banned

So someone that you more than likely agree with (at least politically) writes a negative review and you just write the book off as bunk. Figures

You don't think it would be worth a read even if just to see the areas that people you disagree with, talk about? Maybe you can see where they come from or their proof, evidence, or thoughts and then maybe find a way to combat them. This would help you in further discussions on the topic. Instead of just finding a negative review on something and going ohh well, no use in discussing the issue, a guy on my side said he didn't like it.

15. nixkid Black Belt

I'm wondering when they are just going to go ahead and stick the stormfront logo on this site because it has devolved into that. Racism apparently isn't frowned upon around these parts.

16. kpt018 Gold Belt

What the hell does this have to do with politics?

Here is one thing he says in his book:

"Readers should be fully aware that in chapters 6 through 10 they are leaving the world of hard science and entering into a much more speculative arena at the interface of history, economics and human evolution."

I would genuinely be interested in reading on the topic, but it sounds like this thing has serious flaws, making it pretty useless. There are plenty of better books to read (time is limited, you know).

To your other point, I can ascertain what "the other side is talking about or where they're coming from" by asking them, can't I?

17. CableandThanos Yellow Card Banned

Come on man, If rush Limbaugh gave this book 2 thumbs up would you be getting ready to buy it? NO, but someone who you probably already agree with on the subject matter says he doesn't like it and you just poo poo it.

How do you know it has serious flaws? Because someone wrote a negative review?

And I guess you can ask the average internet poster what they mean by genetic intelligence, etc. But it seems like you would want to go to someone who has spent a decent amount of time in the subject (even if you think they are wrong).

Is this how you normally make decisions or learn about the other side of an issue, by listening to random internet posters?

18. Cold Front Banned Banned

It's not that you think "racism is stupid" - an easy enough pose for any schoolboy to assume. It's that you lump in David Duke with Nicholas Wade, when you and I both know you don't know anything about the science in this field or in the books under discussion.

You haven't read any of the material. You can't discuss it intelligently. You don't have the first clue about any of the principles involved in population genetics or evolution.

In brief, you're a poser who puts up a Bertrand Russell avatar because you want people to believe you're smart and informed when you're neither.

If you were forced to comment on what you know about science, you couldn't comment at all. But because that position is not tenable for you and you desperately want to criticize a book whose contents you're unclear about, you put on moral airs and make shoddy moral equivalencies.

19. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

You're apparently not even supposed to mention it when you see it.

My field is finance, but I know enough to see that Wade is full of shit.

20. MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

Does this book establish if the jews have always been successful in business and science or is it after Rothchilds progenitor Amschel became successful? What genetic disorders do jews have?

Does this book establish which is the superior race if there is one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.