Nicco's public statement is genuinely extraordinary

Confirmed. Her career is over.

Her will is broken. She will never fight again.

Pay attention because she is going to be a trivia question one day.

Her first instinct always seems to be to play the victim, attack others, and whine about unfairness. UFC needs to watch out for her. She seems like the type to seek out a frivolous lawsuit. Nicco is turning out to be a highly unlikeable character.

Perfectly composed truth bomb. Well said. Had they been one united group of people from coast to coast their is no chance history would have unfolded the way it did. They hated each other, even if they looked sorta somewhat similar.
They didn't all hate each other and they didn't all love each other. They fought, they allied, they contested resources, they migrated, they did just what ALL HUMANS HAVE DONE FOREVER.

No unity would have saved them from Euro-Asia diseases.

What most point to, and it's not that they are wrong, is the post Civil War conquest of Native people and lands. That was right next to slavery as the worst shit this country has done. I'm not refuting that.

What I'm saying is, understand it for what it, where we were, where we are, and where we want to go.

My 5 year old will not shut up about all the shit that is unfair in this world. That's fine. He's five. But when I hear adults respond in this matter, I just get disgusted.

First off, the only reason anyone is able to talk about these things is because we have advanced. Understanding the wrongs of the past is how we build the rights of the future. Acting the victim breeds entitlement and non action.

She should have just made weight rather than blame history and her body. I can't respect people who are not accountable for themselves. This is the world. You can bitch, or you can work to make it better. She couldnt even make weight, couldn't do her job. I'm not interested her other world view. Clearly its juvenile.

Last edited:
And by the way the “indigenous people” schtick is annoying and one of the few nobody gives a fuuuckk about so you can drop that marketing strategy lol

Valentina lived in Peru for how long?

I believe she has more Native American friends than Montano ever met

Trevor Wittman typed this up for her...

At the end of the day, you're a champion who couldn't make the weight. Totally unprofessional. Valentina basically wasted 2 months of her life in a gruelling fight camp for no reason, because you couldn't handle your business and make the weight you said you would when you signed the contract.

A champion missing weight or being hospitalized by a weight cut should ALWAYS be stripped.

Her first instinct always seems to be to play the victim, attack others, and whine about unfairness. UFC needs to watch out for her. She seems like the type to seek out a frivolous lawsuit. Nicco is turning out to be a highly unlikeable character.

Ooooh another lawsuit. I see Endeavor legal team trembling with fear.

giphy.gif

You probably spent more time looking for this stupid picture than it would have taken to read the statement.

They didn't all hate each other and they didn't all love each other. They fought, they allied, they contested resources, they migrated, they did just what ALL HUMANS HAVE DONE FOREVER.

No unity would have saved them from Euro-Asia diseases.

What most point to, and it's not that they are wrong, is the post Civil War conquest of Native people and lands. That was right next to slavery as the worst shit this country has done. I'm not refuting that.

What I'm saying is, understand it for what it, where we were, where we are, and where we want to go.

My 5 year old will not shut up about all the shit that is unfair in this world. That's fine. He's five. But when I hear adults respond in this matter, I just get disgusted.

First off, the only reason anyone is able to talk about these things is because we have advanced. Understanding the wrongs of the past is how we build the rights of the future. Acting the victim breeds entitlement and non action.

She should have just made weight rather than blame history and her body. I can't respect people who are accountable for themselves. This is the world. You can bitch, or you can work to make it better. She couldnt even make weight, couldn't do her job. I'm not interested her other world view. Clearly its juvenile.
They had no interest in being allies in an entire united front until it was far far too late. I think the disease aspects are overblown as that issue would work both ways.

Andre the chief Roberts would be disgusted.

They had no interest in being allies in an entire united front until it was far far too late. I think the disease aspects are overblown as that issue would work both ways.
It's pretty well established the east of the Mississippi natives got wiped out pretty heavily from disease.

Many didnt see the Europeans as a threat to unite against. Euros didn't come over in war ships. By the time Jackson was sweeping the south of Cherokee, it was too late.

She's 4-2 overall with zero fights this year. They wanted to make this fight earlier this year, yet finally got a date for this card and she messes up the weight cut. IDK why she's detailing results of a botched cut. If she was ill and couldn't fight before Oct, refuse the contract. But she accepted. Too many reasons to end this mess.

I don’t remember the last time a champ missed weight in mma. But in boxing, they are stripped of the belt. This chick is an idiot. Why would she think she could keep the belt after missing weight?

The disease aspect would NOT work both ways. The Eurasian landmass (plus Africa) experienced millennia of trade, livestock domestication, farming, and the development of urban centers--all of which combined gave rise to new diseases that Europeans built up immunity to over time. The Americas did not have the same level of development. As a result, there were far fewer diseases in the Americas that could kill a European than vice-versa. Read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. Should be required reading in high schools.

Back