Nicco's public statement is genuinely extraordinary

This thread...

100.gif

Fear the return.

It's pretty well established the east of the Mississippi natives got wiped out pretty heavily from disease.

Many didnt see the Europeans as a threat to unite against. Euros didn't come over in war ships. By the time Jackson was sweeping the south of Cherokee, it was too late.
“He who controls the past, controls the future.”

The fact that they didn’t come over in warships is a great point that they could have nipped it in the bud much sooner if they were all on the same page.

I don't understand her comments on needing time to get her body back to 125. That sounds somewhat preventable even when dealing with injuries. Don't pull a Johnny Hendrix.

They didn't all hate each other and they didn't all love each other. They fought, they allied, they contested resources, they migrated, they did just what ALL HUMANS HAVE DONE FOREVER.

No unity would have saved them from Euro-Asia diseases.

What most point to, and it's not that they are wrong, is the post Civil War conquest of Native people and lands. That was right next to slavery as the worst shit this country has done. I'm not refuting that.

What I'm saying is, understand it for what it, where we were, where we are, and where we want to go.

My 5 year old will not shut up about all the shit that is unfair in this world. That's fine. He's five. But when I hear adults respond in this matter, I just get disgusted.

First off, the only reason anyone is able to talk about these things is because we have advanced. Understanding the wrongs of the past is how we build the rights of the future. Acting the victim breeds entitlement and non action.

She should have just made weight rather than blame history and her body. I can't respect people who are not accountable for themselves. This is the world. You can bitch, or you can work to make it better. She couldnt even make weight, couldn't do her job. I'm not interested her other world view. Clearly its juvenile.

Agree 1000000000000000x.

The disease aspect would NOT work both ways. The Eurasian landmass (plus Africa) experienced millennia of trade, livestock domestication, farming, and the development of urban centers--all of which combined gave rise to new diseases that Europeans built up immunity to over time. The Americas did not have the same level of development. As a result, there were far fewer diseases in the Americas that could kill a European than vice-versa. Read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. Should be required reading in high schools.
“Biology of Belief” is another great read.

“He who controls the past, controls the future.”

The fact that they didn’t come over in warships is a great point that they could have nipped it in the bud much sooner if they were all on the same page.
But that doesn't happen.

Just look at Euros. They never allied against an invader. It's not like all the pasties up north said we better go down and save the southerners from this giant Moor wave changing the DNA of the south. Fuck that shit. They wo t get past the mountains and we are banking on that!

This is people, people.

I can't imagine Valentina being any kind of jealous of Nicco.

I found those statements hilarious.

Agreed on all points TS.

She's 100% delusional and of course believes she's the victim in all this.

She couldn't make weight. I can't remember too many champs who couldn't make weight while defending their belts. I don't include Max, cause I don't think it was a weight cutting issue.

Maybe her and GDR can form a tag team and star in the next Ducks movie.

If a male fighter who was 4-2 won his belt off beating scrubs on a TUF show, then in his first defense almost a year later and he can't make weight. He'd be stripped too and would be receiving the exact same reaction Montano is getting.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

Are they making a new Ducks movie?!?!

unfortunately I’m not one to be running my mouth so I don’t bring in the big bucks.

Stopped reading here, at the point she asserts the only reason she's not getting paid millions is the lack of shit talk.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
How many generations has it been now, nobody alive today fucked with the native Americans. Fucking people I swear to god
They are still getting fucked. There are treaties to this day that were disregarded.
I don’t think this episode has anything to do with it, but it’s a white mans world and if you don’t think so you are stupid or blind.

Agreed on all points TS.

She's 100% delusional and of course believes she's the victim in all this.

She couldn't make weight. I can't remember too many champs who couldn't make weight while defending their belts. I don't include Max, cause I don't think it was a weight cutting issue.

Maybe her and GDR can form a tag team and star in the next Ducks movie.

If a male fighter who was 4-2 won his belt off beating scrubs on a TUF show, then in his first defense almost a year later and he can't make weight. He'd be stripped too and would be receiving the exact same reaction Montano is getting.
This. She is absolutely 100% delusional, and obviously a bad loser. She blames Valentina, she blames the matchmaker, she blames the UFC, everyone except the person 100% responsible for her failure : herself.

I hope she goes away and fades into obscurity.

My opinion is that she constantly kept being in shape and in weight while being there.
That's not a normal lifestyle. Maybe she actually cannot make 125 under normal conditions anymore...
She made weight during the TUF finale which was a few months after they left the TUF house. This excuse is BS.

This fighter statement is crazy.
Stfu and fight, especially if you are the "champ".
You cannot make the weigh as the "champ", thats the craziest part.
Plus all this whinning, plus the fact she dares to say Valentina is "obsessed" about her (guess what little girl, some girls a true killers), its the most pathetic.
Hope one day, she fights Val, we ll see if she has a point to make.

She made weight during the TUF finale which was a few months after they left the TUF house. This excuse is BS.

Yep. This, too.

Unprofessionalism , hers and especially of her team, is the only answer then

Anybody want to shorten War and Peace ?
Just for you as you requested the shortened version :

-- Executive summary of War and Peace, (N.Montano version):
"It's everybody else's fault, I'm the victim, why you all so nasty to me?"

The disease aspect would NOT work both ways. The Eurasian landmass (plus Africa) experienced millennia of trade, livestock domestication, farming, and the development of urban centers--all of which combined gave rise to new diseases that Europeans built up immunity to over time. The Americas did not have the same level of development. As a result, there were far fewer diseases in the Americas that could kill a European than vice-versa. Read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. Should be required reading in high schools.

Guns, Germs and Steel is widely discredited. Diamond is a great writer and tells a good story but his book doesn't stand up to detailed analysis by those in the field of anthropology.

I mean that's a long way to go to basically say, "if I hadn't supersized my big mac meal I'd have made weight "

Back