• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Valentina should get her show-up money and win bonus. This is the second time this shit has happened to her in the last 2 years.

Give her the belt already. Stop wasting everyone's time.

if you've been watching the UFC promos leading up to this, you may have noticed that Nicco does not employ any dietician or nutritionalist and is training at a gym that appears to be a large open forum for KOTC participants. granted, we're just seeing a sliver of her life, but it does appear that her efforts to prepare are beneath that of most UFC champions and title challengers. and i think she is very cute. she probably should avoid fighting Valentina as long as possible. Bullet is fairly guaranteed to crush her.

I know Val was expecting something to happen and the match to be called off. I can only imagine how devastating it must be to have that door shut for the 2nd time just as she prepared to enter. She is a true warrior and I have no doubt she will just push on but moments like these have to be tasking.

It's part of the fight game unfortunately but this shit has to sting!

I know Val was expecting something to happen and the match to be called off. I can only imagine how devastating it must be to have that door shut for the 2nd time just as she prepared to enter. She is a true warrior and I have no doubt she will just push on but moments like these have to be tasking.

It's part of the fight game unfortunately but this shit has to sting!
I dont think it's devastating.
Devastating is fact Shevchenko is 18/18 and Curran was 20/20 just before they cut her <36>

The goal for Nicco is not fighting, and using the issue of going to the hospital as a safeguard.

I don’t see her getting stripped as she is the first Native American champion.

Why didn't she weigh in, miss weight and get stripped? What stops a fighter from being a coward and pretending they cant make weight?
I call bullshit.

They should bump Rivera/Dodson to the main-card & Andrsde/KK to the co-main.

Till vs Woodley
Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz
Rivera vs Dodson
Zabit vs Davis
Price vs Al Hassan

Not the worst ppv ever but I'm not buying it. Better than the original line-up if they go with this line-up

Nicco Montano was transported to hospital due to health concerns surrounding her weight cut and will be unable to compete this weekend. According to a statement given to MMAFighting.com, her team said the concern was due to kidney issues.

http://mmacrazytv.com/nicco-montano-withdraw-ufc-228-shevchenko/

Also

Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko fight scratch marks the 22nd (!!!) co-main or main event change to the UFC calendar so far in 2018 #UFC228

Edit: Second time in a little over a year Shevchenko sees a title fight get canceled hours before the event (UFC 213).

Last edited:
Her career payouts:

UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs Cerrone 2 – Dec 19/15 – W (Kaufman) – $26,500 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC 196 – Mar 5/16 – L (Nunes) – $16,500 ($14,000 to show, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC on Fox: Holm vs Shevchenko – Jul 23/16 – W (Holm) – $30,500 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs Pena – Jan 28/17 – W (Pena) – $84,500($16,000 to show, $16,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC 213 – Jul 8/17 – $70,000 (UFC paid despite bout being cancelled, according to Dana White)

UFC 215 – Sept 9/17 – L (Nunes) – $130,000 ($100,000 to show, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC Fight Night: Machida vs Anders – Feb 3/18 – W (Cachoeira) – $91,000 ($18,000 to show, $18,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

Career Earnings: $449,000

Montano screwing Valentina around is costing her hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's disgusting.

I'm probably the only one pissed that this fight was cancelled. I was looking forward to Shevchenko fighting. One of the few female fighters with a ton of skill and athleticism.
Yea man fuck them haters. If you dont wanna watch wmma then don't. Nobody's making you watch....or bitch

Nicco Montano was transported to hospital due to health concerns surrounding her weight cut and will be unable to compete this weekend. According to a statement given to MMAFighting.com, her team said the concern was due to kidney issues.

http://mmacrazytv.com/nicco-montano-withdraw-ufc-228-shevchenko/

Also

Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko fight scratch marks the 22nd (!!!) co-main or main event change to the UFC calendar so far in 2018 #UFC228

Total fawkin bullshit. Chick has panic attack and a dose of holy shit im gonna get raped. This is the female version of i slipped coming out of the hottub.

So she fucked around and didn't get to within a reasonable weight during her camp, then went overboard on dehydration to the point of causing kidney issues trying to make weight. Bottom line...a lack of competence/professionalism/preparedness caused this, not some random health issue that afflicted her beyond reasonable control. It's bullshit when fighters do this.

Y'all are so biased. Why should she be stripped?

If she doesn't make it bext fight then yeah strip her but you don't strip fighters on their first no show..was max stripped?

Montano screwing Valentina around is costing her hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's disgusting.

Would have been a pretty big payday for her no doubt.

Back