• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL.The days of these will soon be over...

couldnt the guy in White have thrown a few jabs right there? His hand was right under the button. Or is that not sound tech in hockey fights? Yes I am talking technique

Gazdic could have done that and it is sound technique as some of the best fighters in the NHL have been using the "jersey jabs" for at least the past decade now. Being a young guy who's new to the NHL, it could just be he hasn't developed that in his style yet. Then again he hasn't really needed to add much more because he's handled himself quite well so far against some of the tougher guys in the league.

The aforementioned Brian McGratton, who's very likely the best and most successful fighter in the NHL the last few years, makes pretty frequent use of the jersey jabs and uses them in combination when followed by his right hand. e.g. Here's McGratton vs Gazdic from earlier in the season;

Hockey fights are retarded honestly. The only reason they go on is because of the ice aspect , cant plant their feet and generate power. If dudes were ko'ing each other on the basketball court or football field itd be gone so fuckin fast. I mean really people would cry assault if dwight Howard punched Chris Paul in the face cause of how devastating it'd look .

They have fights in lacrosse, and they're wearing running shoes.

enforcers are out there to intimidate the other team from doing things to the top players. If you do some bs to a guy, you're going to have to answer for it. Fighting in hockey isn't going anywhere. And that is a good thing.

Hockey fights are retarded honestly. The only reason they go on is because of the ice aspect , cant plant their feet and generate power. If dudes were ko'ing each other on the basketball court or football field itd be gone so fuckin fast. I mean really people would cry assault if dwight Howard punched Chris Paul in the face cause of how devastating it'd look .
:rolleyes: tell Brad Dalgarno that tell him Joey Kocur couldn't generate any power.

They have fights in lacrosse, and they're wearing running shoes.

enforcers are out there to intimidate the other team from doing things to the top players. If you do some bs to a guy, you're going to have to answer for it. Fighting in hockey isn't going anywhere. And that is a good thing.

they actually fight in Lacrosse. I have never seen this in the college matches. Does it look like combat sambo?

There's so many ridiculous bench clearing brawls and fights in the NLL, or at least that's how I remember it. My buddy used to have seasons tickets to the Toronto Rock a few years ago.

It's more of a fighting league with the occasional lacross game inbetween.

evander kane vs matt cooke

evander kane vs matt cooke

255rsxc.gif

I wonder why you dont see more knees, round houses, or back kicks and spinning kicks. I imagine the round house, and back kicks and spinning kicks would be easier to pull off on skates. Look how fast those figure skaters can spin.

i love the fighting in hockey,it is an important way to try and curb cheapshots

i love the fighting in hockey,it is an important way to try and curb cheapshots

way less fights in the playoffs, guess there are less cheap shots then or something?? Or maybe most of the fighting is staged nonsense that isnt needed.

Back