• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Well today is the day!
Don't have any hate for the Stars, despite them owning us for many years in the late 90s and 2000s.
Should be a fun series but the Canucks series was my Stanley Cup, just like the Flames series was 2 years ago.

Pavelski. The guy is the machine of will and called captain America for a reason.

I'm rooting for him to hoist the cup. He absolutely deserves to before he retires
Agreed. Plus he would probably bring the Cup to Stevens Point which is only about 2hrs away from me.

Ohh man was just about to post this. Might aswell start a rebuild under Keefe. Trade all players for first round picks.
The response on the Devils HF forum was mostly positive lol. I mean people wanted Rod the bod or Mike Sullivan, but they weren't available. I'll give him a chance, most coaches "fail" somewhere, we will see what he does outside of Toronto.

If the Devils top players continue to play hurt all season or not play at all, no coach can fix the team anyway.

The response on the Devils HF forum was mostly positive lol. I mean people wanted Rod the bod or Mike Sullivan, but they weren't available. I'll give him a chance, most coaches "fail" somewhere, we will see what he does outside of Toronto.

If the Devils top players continue to play hurt all season or not play at all, no coach can fix the team anyway.
Maybe he does abit better without the Toronto media but still he was Leafs coach for 5 years and won one series. We see.

They can still have Mike Sullivan as an assistant coach. I'll help pack his bags.

Maybe he does abit better without the Toronto media but still he was Leafs coach for 5 years and won one series. We see.
It's tough to predict for sure, he also made the playoffs every year and above 100 points for three years in a row I think. That is the next step for the Devils team, they can hopefully fix the goaltending and depth issues and make the yoffs every year from here on out. I'm more optimistic than with Ruff for sure.

They can still have Mike Sullivan as an assistant coach. I'll help pack his bags.
I guess eventually everyone hates their teams head coach lol.

Pavelski. The guy is the machine of will and called captain America for a reason.

I'm rooting for him to hoist the cup. He absolutely deserves to before he retires

Like Shane Doan and Ryan Smythe, if you're Captain [insert country here] it's because you've played for really bad teams and are available for IIHF Worlds in April

Speaking of IIHF, Sweden got past Finland in OT. They played better in regulation but Finland had more puck in OT until Sweden got a PP.

CZE beat USA 1-0 to advance.

Canada rolled over Slovakia and SUI over Germany

Like Shane Doan and Ryan Smythe, if you're Captain [insert country here] it's because you've played for really bad teams and are available for IIHF Worlds in April
He got the name more for his indomitable will and fighting through his weaknesses and a lot of cross checks to become a superstar. Not for his IIHF playing

Pavelski is actually a pretty shit slow skater. His release and brains/hockey sense and ability to take those cross checks and get back up are why he was successful

joep.gif

He got the name more for his indomitable will and fighting through his weaknesses and a lot of cross checks to become a superstar. Not for his IIHF playing

Pavelski is actually a pretty shit slow skater. His release and brains/hockey sense and ability to take those cross checks and get back up are why he was successful

joep.gif
One of the best at deflecting and tipping pucks ever.

Back