Ngannou wanted out of the UFC after his contract expires.

Here comes the golden palace dot com non permanent tattoos on fighters backs again! What a glorious time.

Hard to disagree with him :

- He had no information about a future fight since he beat JDS, even tho he deserves a title shot
- 4 months since Stipe beat Cormier, now we learn that DC will get his rematch but we have to wait until July because he has to undergo a surgery

Seriously, the UFC could have made Stipe vs Francis around December/January, and then the winner defends against Cormier early summer.
I guess thats the UFC rewarding DC for being a company man. Not gonna blame him that he doesnt want to potentially fight Francis in his retirement fight.
Oberall this is super bad for the HW divison. Just imagine DC winning the title in July and than retire and Francis leaving for boxing or whatever. Than you have Stipe who beat Cormier once but lost the trilogy, Blaydes who is promising but got starched twice by Francis, Jarzinho who just got outwrestled by fcking Econoreem. Noone will have a legitimate claim to the title

How tf does a guy starch Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez and JDS in a combined 2 minutes and 22 seconds yet get denied a title shot? Nah let's give the TS to a dude coming off a loss then give the next TS to another dude coming off a loss who has announced his intention to retire after the fight... I'd be less surprised if they give the next shot to Tyson Fury or Brock Lesnar after DC than I would if they were to give it to Francis at this point.

Francis should have had the shot when he was 32 but now he will be at least 34 by the time he gets one. I hate to say it but sitting around being entitled is probably Ngannou's best chance at getting a TS, it's worked for several other fighters.

He should leave the UFC.
But I hope he avoids Bellator.

He could fight and KO whole bellator roster in 1 night like this.
266.jpg

How tf does a guy starch Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez and JDS in a combined 2 minutes and 22 seconds yet get denied a title shot? Nah let's give the TS to a dude coming off a loss then give the next TS to another dude coming off a loss who has announced his intention to retire after the fight... I'd be less surprised if they give the next shot to Tyson Fury or Brock Lesnar after DC than I would if they were to give it to Francis at this point.

Francis should have had the shot when he was 32 but now he will be at least 34 by the time he gets one. I hate to say it but sitting around being entitled is probably Ngannou's best chance at getting a TS, it's worked for several other fighters.

He probably should have a title shot, but he's 3-2 in his last five, so its pretty normal in the UFC not to be given a title shot at that point. There were guys who didn't get title shots with much longer winning streaks. As you suggest, its about money.

They have been dicking him around all year. He made the mistake of saying he needs the money so the ufc is doing what they do best. Offering stupid fights that make no sense. It is a old ufc negotiation tactic. They are starving him out. Business is ugly and so is Dana.

Naganou is stuck. He can't break the contract. The UFC would rather he sits out then makes money elsewhere for another org. It has happened before to other fighters on the last fight of their contract and will continue to until the dough brains get together and form union to fight for em.

ufc is hoping he takes a risky fight against a up and coming killer. One that will bump him outta contention if he loses so his stock takes a dive and they can lowball him next round of negotiations.. it is awful bargaining tactic that the fighters hate and the ufc adores. In the end the fans and fighters lose but the org gets to save a few bucks. :(

Last edited:
He probably should have a title shot, but he's 3-2 in his last five, so its pretty normal in the UFC not to be given a title shot at that point. There were guys who didn't get title shots with much longer winning streaks. As you suggest, its about money.
Yeah look how Alvarez and Conor got their title shots at 155 then look at Tony. Romero couldn't get a shot at Bisping but Retired Hendo and retired welterweight GSP did.

Yeah look how Alvarez and Conor got their title shots at 155 then look at Tony. Romero couldn't get a shot at Bisping but Retired Hendo and retired welterweight GSP did.

Yup, its about money. GSP hadn't fought in four years, and Bisping and Woodley both wanted to fight him, though he hadn't earned a title shot in either division (no fights in four years should mean you start from scratch).

ngannou ducking stipe confirmed.

Back