Ngannou vs ?

Don't really know whether he should wait until his rematch vs Stipe.

I feel like he's definitely next but a part of me thinks he might get the Tony/Colby treatment if he decides to not take a fight.

As far as the opponent, I'd want to see him bang vs Volkov.

This may be the fight to make actually. Fresh match-up and a money fight for both.
Would be a great matchup, although I think Cormier would be murdered.

Lol, Cormiers not taking that fight. He either rematches Stipe or retires next. My moneys on retirement, he has nothing left to prove.
The problem is: Yes, he needs to prove a little more. BUT, unfortunately, he doesn't have age for that.

They're both kinda in limbo. Francis isn't going to fight blaydes again and most everyone else is booked or already beaten by him. Jones is toying with MWs and he's even run out of those. If they booked this and Jones wins it sets up nicely if DC beats stipe. Also iirc UFC was at one point trying to set up Jones v stipe but I don't think Jon wants that smoke

He isn't toying with shit since he would've lost his last fight if the judges were actually fair.

I wouldnt assume Stipe/Cormier III is next. Retirement is a very real possibility for Cormier.

I am a fan of DC but I wish he'd retire at this point. Ngannou deserves the TS and the perspective that DC comes back, wins, and immediately retires is kinda depressing.

he is not a true warrior than, he is only a strategical fighter.

True warrior was Gengis Khan or random dudes fighting centuries ago, MMA is a business and Jones as all the MMA fighters are fighting for money, all the other stuff and propaganda is to make fans to pay to watch the fights, I'm pretty sure you work for a salary and you are not going to be asking for more complex and difficult work just because you are a "job warrior"

Jones is "toying with mw's" only as a part of a certain narrative. He definitely wasn't toying with his last opponent - a mw. And people go up and down in weightclass all the time - there's no such thing as a "mw". It's a few pounds in difference between the divisions.

If Jones wanna continue at lhw, he's certainly gonna have an asterisk to his legacy concisting of *how would he have faired at hw? But so does everyone else. Asterisks are part of the game.

The difference between the classes is substantial considering Jones makes a significant cut down to lhw. FWIW I was pulling for Santos and had he not blown both his acls he probably wins but he did and Jones did what Jones does by outclassing him.

It would be bad promotion to book the Rumble fight right out of the gate. You need to have Rumble come back, crush a middling fighter and cut a promo on Ngannou.

So they should probably find a warm body to throw Ngannou in the meantime. He might be content to wait for his shot though.

Idealy yes I'd agree and I suspect that's what Rumble would preffer as well. If we did see it I suspect it would either be a sign the UFC aer desperate for shiort term interest or they don't have confidence in Rumble not to be upset by a mid level opponent.

Jones has no reason to accept this fight. Will not accept this fight. He rather fight MWs.
You are right.

But Nguyo should bully him on social media. Win/win situation. He establishes his alphaness and gets attention.

If I were Francis I would bue trolling and bullying every fighter iin the roster not called Stipe Miocic (and Derrick Lewis). What are they going to do about it?

But Nguyo should bully him on social media. Win/win situation. He establishes his alphaness and gets attention.
Not his style, but if was managing his twitter account, I would go:
@Jones Hey pussy, are you still there? #LHW #midget
hqdefault.jpg

You are right.

If I were Francis I would bue trolling and bullying every fighter iin the roster not called Stipe Miocic (and Derrick Lewis). What are they going to do about it?

Haters will say he bullies the small guys

If Ngannou is doing the challenging, then surely he's cutting down to 205? It's not really a challenge if you're just saying "come to me."

Jones doesn't need anything from him and it's kind of a weak move to call out a smaller guy when Frank's got a whole division he could fuck with.
Agreed. I don't think it's ever a good look for a heavier fighter to be calling out a smaller one. That being said, with the UFC seeming to realize with the BMF belt that not every money fight has to be for a (legitimate) title, this is a matchup that I think would be worth them paying extra form But an increased payday is the only way this fight makes sense for either fighter.

I would love the Rumble fight but im sure they dont want to rush into it, maybe rematch with Black Beast if he looks impressive against Ivanov.

Back