Ngannou vs ?

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Miocic vs Cormier 3 is next. But it happens probably early next year. Maybe even march.

Ngannou is clear no 1 contender.

Francis wont be waiting 1 year for Miocic fight.

He can fight against Rumble or Werdum. Maybe Lewis rematch if he beats Ivanov.
He wont fight Cain, JDS or Overeem again Im sure about it.

Lewis rematch would probably not draw well in itself but if Ngannou did win it convincingly it would probably make a potential Stipe rematch easier to sell.

Fighting Rumble would clearly be the biggest draw but that seems a bit wasteful of talent and you'd think Johnson would want at least one buildup fight at HW vs a mid level guy.

I spose you could argue that the UFC might be afraid Rumble would potentially have a crumble pereformance against someone minor and would want to cash in on him ASAP vs Ngannou.

Nobody wants to fight Ngannou - Kenny

Werdum took a boomerang to his piss sample. He won't be back for a while. I doubt Rumble would wanna hit the ground running with Big Frank either.

If Walt Harris beats Overeem, he could be next. If Volkov beats JDS, he could be next. Winner of Black Beast and Blagoi would also make sense. But Francis might have to wait on them as well. Only ones left at the top are Cain and Blaydes, but he kind of steamrolled them already.

He's in a weird spot.

Werdum took a boomerang to his piss sample. He won't be back for a while. I doubt Rumble would wanna hit the ground running with Big Frank either.

If Walt Harris beats Overeem, he could be next. If Volkov beats JDS, he could be next. Winner of Black Beast and Blagoi would also make sense. But Francis might have to wait on them as well. Only ones left at the top are Cain and Blaydes, but he kind of steamrolled them already.

He's in a weird spot.
Perfectly summed up. It looks very unlikely he will be able to fight in 2019.

Or...or he may be involved in the launch of Zuffa Boxing. Boxing is Ngannou's childhood dream, he would take a boxing fight without a second thought.

Run it back with Black Beast. He KO's him and he's the redemption TS.

He is the clear cut #1 guy and the clear cut second is blydes who he beat twice, so it’s an extremely hard position for him, he recently posted that he wants to fight soon and I don’t think he has the personality that will argue about whoever they throw at him, so really it up to the boss man... I would think if the black beast lost to Ivanov then that’s the most logical but even that is a big step down for him imo and I think he wants to fight like ASAP. A rematch with Cain could work because there’s still haters who say Cain blew his knee out and was never rocked. Idk honestly it’s a tuff spot for him and if dc wins and retires I think it will be very disappointing.

Walt Harris if he beats reem, volkov if he beats JDS, or a Lewis rematch.

I feel like he's made some comments about waiting if necessary

I would think if the black beast lost to Ivanov then that’s the most logical but even that is a big step down for him imo and I think he wants to fight like ASAP. A rematch with Cain could work because there’s still haters who say Cain blew his knee out and was never rocked.
If Lewis loses to Ivanov, he could be out for a while, and would be a on 3 fight losing streak, with underwhelming performances in his last 2 wins (Ngannou and Volkov). So huge step down indeed.

Cain would never take Ngannou again. He kept making weird excuses about the loss but never ever mentionned the possibility of a rematch. If he really thought it was a fluke, he would beg for it. Just like JdS, I think once in the cage, he realised it was more than he could chew.

I think Overeem would take the rematch, if he beats Harris. The Reem doesn't care.

I think Overeem would take the rematch, if he beats Harris. The Reem doesn't care.

Besides worrying for his health this would potentially be he most interesting one as well as I think Reem can potentally change his gameplan more than the other two, he went aggressively toe to toe with Francis which you could argue hasn't been his style otherwise in recent years. JDS was sloppy its true but he was sloppy against Lewis as well over extending on punches.

I'm guessing what might happen is if Francis waits and the DC/Stipe winner isn't able to fight fast then you might get an interim title match. In that situation I could potentially see Reem getting the nod as the UFC knows he's dependable in terms of activity, if JDS, Cain or Lewis beat Ngannou no garnetee they would be able to fight for the belt soon.

Last edited:
Since Cormier - Stipe 3 is on, Ngannou can get a big money fight where he will probably KO Jones, so he will make history.

Jones has no reason to accept this fight. Will not accept this fight. He rather fight MWs.

Francis's next fight will be for the hw title as the number one contender. It doesn't make sense for him to do anything else

When will fans learn that Jones DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT HW'S...

GargantuanEasygoingBoubou-max-1mb.gif

Will Jones fight a random HW fight when the belt isn't on the line and there's a chance of him getting knocked out n the first round and a half.......
No.

Whether Ngannou tries to get the fight or not, it's not happening.

Back