Ngannou vs. Rozenstruik should be for an interim title

Facts:

Stipe is injured so there is no data in sight for the third DC fight. Chances are it will be over a year from their last encounter.
When the fight happens, should DC recapture the title, he already said he will retire after that.
Ngannou is as deserving of a title shot as anybody in the UFC at the moment.

As a fan, I commend Ngannou for taking the Rozenstruik fight, but I really feel like the UFC is shitting on the guy. If I were him I would have demanded that the fight be on a ppv card and for an interim belt.

Thoughts?
Too early for Roz

I agree, in this situation it makes sense. DC has said that he will retire after the third fight with Stipe so there will need to be a new contender or possible champion if DC were to beat Stipe.

HW division is very special it seems.
Feels like title fights will all gonna be DC vs Stipe till one of them dies
Rozenfield is too green to have a TS its already amazing he is gonna face ngannou next.
IMO the UFC just agreed this fight in hope ngannou gets rekt so he wont cry for a TS anytime soon and Jaironimho has only 3 fights so he is not championship material yet

Might as well make it for the actual belt, DC says he'll retire after the fight and I bet Stipe will sit around for a year if he wins.

No to the interim belt. That's not for a one-time injury delay that's not all that excessive.

Bejewel a set of suspenders or something, and give that away.

Rosenstruk is too creepy man, you don't wanna give a guy like that the title, who knows what he'll do with it
giphy.gif

Facts:

Stipe is injured so there is no data in sight for the third DC fight. Chances are it will be over a year from their last encounter.
When the fight happens, should DC recapture the title, he already said he will retire after that.
Ngannou is as deserving of a title shot as anybody in the UFC at the moment.

As a fan, I commend Ngannou for taking the Rozenstruik fight, but I really feel like the UFC is shitting on the guy. If I were him I would have demanded that the fight be on a ppv card and for an interim belt.

Thoughts?

Stipe just fought in August. If he can't heal up and sign on the dotted line within a year then yes...come back and see me next summer 2020

Thoughts?
Interim belt?? Hell no. Zero reason.

a few points....
1. Last UFC title fight was august, really not that long ago, and Stipe injured, had eye procedure
2. UFC are doing Stipe vs Cormier III, cos that's what Cormier wants as his last fight. And so even if this is scheduled for, say, March, if Stipe wins again, next fight would be summer (Approx), so guess what Ngannou....you gotta fight someone else.
3. Ngannou had a title fight and was well beaten. He had cardio endurance for ONE round. That's pathetic preparation, shows his arrogance.
4. He then lost again to Lewis, and threw maybe THREE punches the entire fight. Maybe UFC should have cut him at that point for pathetic display.
5. He still doesn't have any cardio, and almost no grappling, no wrestling to speak of, small Jitsu.
- Therefore, he is not a mixed martial artist.
6. He's only had 2mins20secs of cage experience since his stupid loss to Lewis. He hasn't actually learned anything by cage combat experience since his double-loss.

no more interim titles.
6 month autostrip.
the show must go on.

And there is a rational for this one: should DC win, the belt is vacant anyway and Stipe should not have an immediate shot at it (jhe got that once). If Stipe wins, he's probably going to sit on it for 6 months or more.
You've given this a lot of thought I see. But still:
NO-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-9.gif

Why? Well because you're basing it on "Stipe will probably...".

And I think you're jumping the gun here with Roze.

Believe me I understand completely, you're talking to a recovering Conor dickrider.

Last edited:
Interim belt?? Hell no. Zero reason.

a few points....
1. Last UFC title fight was august, really not that long ago, and Stipe injured, had eye procedure
2. UFC are doing Stipe vs Cormier III, cos that's what Cormier wants as his last fight. And so even if this is scheduled for, say, March, if Stipe wins again, next fight would be summer (Approx), so guess what Ngannou....you gotta fight someone else.
3. Ngannou had a title fight and was well beaten. He had cardio endurance for ONE round. That's pathetic preparation, shows his arrogance.
4. He then lost again to Lewis, and threw maybe THREE punches the entire fight. Maybe UFC should have cut him at that point for pathetic display.
5. He still doesn't have any cardio, and almost no grappling, no wrestling to speak of, small Jitsu.
- Therefore, he is not a mixed martial artist.
6. He's only had 2mins20secs of cage experience since his stupid loss to Lewis. He hasn't actually learned anything by cage combat experience since his double-loss.

Points 1-3 are well taken. The rest makes you sound like a bit of a hater (no offense).

Stipe is healing from eye surgery, but if things go alright it won't take until mid next year for him to be able to fight. But...you can't make firm plans yet either way with that "if" in the air. After his next check up with the eye doc we should know better if he'll need to be out long enough for an interim to be warranted. Though it would be sucky if that happened because of an injury likely caused, or at least exacerbated, by illegal blows.

Stipe injured or he just want to sit on the belt like way too many UFC "champion" are doing lately...
Or since there are talk for a third DC fight, Stipe is just stalling waiting for DC to either retire or to have his age catching up badly

Yeah, that or he just had surgery on a torn retina. You decide genius.

Back