Ngannou vs. Rozenstruik should be for an interim title

youllneverwalkalone

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Facts:

Stipe is injured so there is no data in sight for the third DC fight. Chances are it will be over a year from their last encounter.
When the fight happens, should DC recapture the title, he already said he will retire after that.
Ngannou is as deserving of a title shot as anybody in the UFC at the moment.

As a fan, I commend Ngannou for taking the Rozenstruik fight, but I really feel like the UFC is shitting on the guy. If I were him I would have demanded that the fight be on a ppv card and for an interim belt.

Thoughts?

A sound NO from me. I just can't allow any more interim fights sorry OP.

I would very much like to see the fight, of course. Who wouldn't?
But Rozenstruik's best wins so far are Arlovski and Overeem WAY past their primes (just like Ngannou in 2017).

Roz is a fat LHW. He trained MMA for max. 2-3 years and fought 4 times this year ... he needs more time.

Rosenstruk is too creepy man, you don't wanna give a guy like that the title, who knows what he'll do with it

Facts:

Stipe is injured
Stipe injured or he just want to sit on the belt like way too many UFC "champion" are doing lately...
Or since there are talk for a third DC fight, Stipe is just stalling waiting for DC to either retire or to have his age catching up badly

Facts:

Stipe is injured so there is no data in sight for the third DC fight. Chances are it will be over a year from their last encounter.
When the fight happens, should DC recapture the title, he already said he will retire after that.

As a fan, I commend Ngannou for taking the Rozenstruik fight, but I really feel like the UFC is shitting on the guy. If I were him I would have demanded that the fight be on a ppv card and for an interim belt.

Thoughts?
8304d9b9145039049762761986_700wa_0.gif

Stipe injured or he just want to sit on the belt like way too many UFC "champion" are doing lately...
Or since there are talk for a third DC fight, Stipe is just stalling waiting for DC to either retire or to have his age catching up badly
He had to get surgery to repair his eyes from DC’s eye pokes you fucking moron. You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about

Facts:

Thoughts?

yes it should be for an interim belt and nGoatnnou is the most exciting fighter in the world

A sound NO from me. I just can't allow any more interim fights sorry OP.
Why? You can argue they mean nothing, but they do give some epic fights: Whitaker-Romero 1, Adesanya-Gastelum, Ferguson-Lee, Conor vs Mendes.

And there is a rational for this one: should DC win, the belt is vacant anyway and Stipe should not have an immediate shot at it (jhe got that once). If Stipe wins, he's probably going to sit on it for 6 months or more.

Back