Ngannou v Lesnar

Lol, how is he any worse than the guy you so proudly gave credit too for beating him, or any of the other guys throughout the sports history too have failed several tests, let alone just one for that matter?
How is he worse? Are you serious?

The Jones haters praise a cheater like Brock, but cry a river over Jones and PED's, then try to discredit everything Jones has done as if he does not have skill or talent and PED's is the only reason for his success.

Last edited:
How is he worse? Are you serious?

The Jones haters praise a cheater like Brock, but cry a river over Jones and PED's, then try to discredit everything Jones has done as if he does not have skill or talent and PED's is the only reason for his success.
Yeah, and I constantly try to point out why that narrative is absurd but how are you not seeing the irony in you doing the same thing to Brock?

In case it wasn't clear though I was referring too UberReem with that comment.

70/30 Brock gets decaffeinated. He could get Ngannou down so there is an X factor but I think one taste of Ngumbo's power would tuck him in. Plus Nguyo would train specifically for him and Brock's bag of tricks isn't that deep

Yeah, he's been good but he's never faced someone with the size, strength, chin and explosive pressure from the opening bell Brock would bring.

Sure, he might land a perfect shot on Brock coming in but too do that he would have to remain composed, plant his feet and perfectly time/ aim that shot as a monster charges at him within the first 2 seconds of the fight.

I could be wrong here but I would personally bet on him flinching in this situation more often then not reacting too the shot by dropping his hands and bracing for the contact in hopes of sprawling to avoid the TD rather than fearlessly standing his ground and throwing the punch knowing if he misses he will find himself in his worst case scenario almost immediately.

Picture the Heath Herring fight, that's how I see this fight going the majority of the time with or without the big punch Brock landed before steamrolling him. (Just to save you the effort, no, Francis is not a better (or closed to as experienced) MMAist then Heath Herring was, he is most certainly a more powerful a puncher though.)

Sounds perfect on paper... =]
If prime Herring and Ngannou fought today, Herring would be the underdog no doubt according to people who value their money.

Sounds perfect on paper... =]
If prime Herring and Ngannou fought today, Herring would be the underdog no doubt according to people who value their money.
I'm not so sure he actually would be but I do agree the fight would be 50/50 since Heath had talent but didn't have the greatest fight IQ

Ngannou would never be able to stop a Brock double leg in a million years

Yeap, he ate a few good shots from Carwin, went down and Carwin couldn't finish him. Lesnar ended that round by getting back to his feet and I believe getting a take down of his own. Pretty good if you ask me, Shane might not be Fransis, but at the time they fought Shane was the most feared striker in the UFC. And Lesnar asked for that fight. If you can take shots from Carwin and end the round with a smile on your face. I'd say you react to getting hit at least pretty okay.

And I'd suspect a man who doesn't react well to getting hit wouldn't sign a contract to fight Shane Fucking Carwin in the 1st place.
People seem to forget how this fight went down. Vanilla Gorilla was no joke. Too bad he got TKO'd by a medical condition. I'm sure he's added a few more fruits and vegetables to his meatatarian diet since that. Would be an epic tilt and I would be very nervous for my boy Francis.

I'm not so sure he actually would be but I do agree the fight would be 50/50 since Heath had talent but didn't have the greatest fight IQ

And another good example of not a great fight IQ would be Lesnar trying to stand and bang with basically anyone instead of just rushing to a double leg as soon as the bell rings, right? You should be his coach, bro. =]
(No joke here: I really think that's what Lesnar should do. His striking is embarrassing.)

And another good example of not a great fight IQ would be Lesnar trying to stand and bang with basically anyone instead of just rushing to a double leg as soon as the bell rings, right? You should be his coach, bro. =]
(No joke here: I really think that's what Lesnar should do. His striking is embarrassing.)
I agree his striking was embarrassing so it's a good thing that exactly what he did do, lol.

Who did he ever try to stand and bang with that he wasn't forced too?

2-3 weeks camp Lesnar showed better striking Defence and footwork than Blaydes Right now.

Yeah Blaydes is the biggest joke.

{<redford}

When Lesnar first came to the UFC, he was past his prime, now he's a relic

Yeah, and I constantly try to point out why that narrative is absurd but how are you not seeing the irony in you doing the same thing to Brock?

In case it wasn't clear though I was referring too UberReem with that comment.

Doing the same thing to Brock? Well Brock is a one dimensional cheat. Whereas Bones actually has skill and talent that you cannot get from a magic pill. You know since PED's is not the only reason for Jones success.

Big difference.

Last edited:
Doing the same thing to Brock? Well Brock is a one dimensional cheat. Whereas Bones actually has skill and talent that you cannot get from a magic pill. You know since PED's is not the only reason for Jones success.

Big difference.
I really don't get why responses seem so hostile since I've made it clear I'm a big fan of Jones and pointed out every time I hear that line I go out of my way to try and explain the absurdity of the claim too people. (Look in my history, you won't have to look very far since I do this weekly, lol).

But you can't have it both ways, you can't call one guy a cheater and another not for committing the same infraction since a "magic pill" doesn't on its own allow either guy too do what they do.

That "magic pill" is not magic at all if you don't have the drive and work ethic to spent the countless hours in the gym required to gain the initial benefits and maintain them so they can do their part in giving you the edge needed to train harder and longer and recover faster, that's all they do for anybody, without being willing too put in the work you are basically just paying a shit load of money for really expensive piss.

Back