Media Ngannou says that Cyril doesn't have a chin like Stipe

Doesn't really matter, not many have been able to stay conscious against Ngannou anyway, you get hit with a clean one against Francis and good chin or not, you're going to get KOd or rocked badly 99% of the time.

“Game never feels power like Francis... Game getting stiffened RD1 promise”

@GORO
221c6729-269d-4c6b-8e21-785f53a32c98.jpg

My G!!!

Break him how? Gane doesn't have the skills necessary to break Ngannou. Only way you're breaking Ngannou is a strong wrestling game, and that likely isn't even enough anymore.
you will see how Gane will destroy Francis Ngannou, Ngannou is not fighting a dinosaur now but the best HW in the world in his Prime.

this fight reminds me of Jones vs Shogun, everyone underestimating Fighter Y and in the real fight everyone will be shocked.

Gane will show that Francis doesn't deserve to fight him.

People absolutely hate Francis it seems, lol.

I like both he and Gane. I hope it's a great fight. Both guys are laid back and chill.

All this drama is BS and Gane's coach is it's driving factor.
Dude I think Dana intentionally turned the fanbase against Nnganou as a demonstration of power. He made a lot of statements against Francis around the time everyone started hating him.

I do think that Gane is more chinny than Ngannou

I swear smaller skulls are easier to KO and Gane skull is smaller than Ngannous

Chin doesn't matter if you don't get hit cleanly. Arlovski "used to have" a glass chin, but his defence improved and he's not getting knocked out left and right any longer. Miocic has always taken a lot of punishment in all of his fights, he has a good chin but it is not surprising he got KTFO by a powerful striker. Gane moves better than everyone else at HW so his chin might not matter. We'll see soon, but unless his chin is truly made out of glass, I think the expected outcome is a W for Gane. Ngannou may be the best, or he may be a tad overrated by the UFC hype machine and Shertards just because he has some really cool knockouts of primarily fighters that have been knocked out in the past.

In order to make it to the upper end of heavy weight you need to have a decent chin. Guys do not move up to that level of competition without getting cracked by big shots along the way. What I do know is that every time Francis has come up against an opponent who can move he has struggled. Yes he beat Stipe but he also lost a fight to him. Gane is coming in with footwork that is as good or better than Stipe's and he isn't at the disadvantage of needing to put his face in Nganous chest to land punches the way Stipe needed to do. This is a heavyweight fight and the outcome isn't even close to predictable for obvious reasons. I see Francis walking in with a major disadvantage but this fight could go either way. My feeling is that by round 3 Francis will be huffing and puffing and that sometime in round 4 Gane will put him away with a combination against the fence. Guess we'll see on Saturday...

Gane wins this one IMO

francis hits like a Mack truck but if your options are ever superior kickboxer vs brawler ( understatement for frank but still he’s much more of a brawler than gane ) then I recommend picking the boxer.
You would have lost money on:
Woodley vs Wonderboy.
Khalil Rountree vs Gokhan Saki
Lewis vs Volkov
Ngannou vs Overeem

Too me the question isn’t can Gane dance around Francis for 5 rounds and outpoint him with technical skill, but how will Ganes technical skills hold up after getting blasted by Francis a few times….?

As technically sound and as cardio optimized as Gane is, I just don’t see him sustaining the same level of it for 5 rounds after eating 3+ hard combos from Francis. Francis is not fighting a wrestling machine like Stipe.

Unless Francis goes full retard or has an adrenaline dump (not outside the realm of possibility), I just don’t see him swinging and missing for 3+ rounds like some bull and matador. I think once he does tag Gane few times, the end is near unless he gets so sloppy chasing the finish that he gets countered like Stipe did Werdum.

As much as I like Gane and I think he’s better for the sport, I got Francis in 2 possibly with the first round being unusually boring. This is unless Francis eats a shot from Gane and has 0 respect for his power. In that case he’ll go steamroller mode like he did other fighters after feeling their (lack of expected) power.

I do think that Gane is more chinny than Ngannou

I swear smaller skulls are easier to KO and Gane skull is smaller than Ngannous
His skull is not just smaller than ngannous, it's smaller than a lot of heavyweights. I wouldn't be surprised if having a weak chin ends up being a problem for him throughout his career

Too me the question isn’t can Gane dance around Francis for 5 rounds and outpoint him with technical skill, but how will Ganes technical skills hold up after getting blasted by Francis a few times….?

As technically sound and as cardio optimized as Gane is, I just don’t see him sustaining the same level of it for 5 rounds after eating 3+ hard combos from Francis. Francis is not fighting a wrestling machine like Stipe.

Unless Francis goes full retard or has an adrenaline dump (not outside the realm of possibility), I just don’t see him swinging and missing for 3+ rounds like some bull and matador. I think once he does tag Gane few times, the end is near unless he gets so sloppy chasing the finish that he gets countered like Stipe did Werdum.

As much as I like Gane and I think he’s better for the sport, I got Francis in 2 possibly with the first round being unusually boring. This is unless Francis eats a shot from Gane and has 0 respect for his power. In that case he’ll go steamroller mode like he did other fighters after feeling their (lack of expected) power.
I'm thinking this fight is gonna look a lot like the second Whitaker Romero fight, where Romero should have got the victory. Or Ngannou stops him early

His skull is not just smaller than ngannous, it's smaller than a lot of heavyweights. I wouldn't be surprised if having a weak chin ends up being a problem for him throughout his career
What happened to the "skin folds at the back of the head" theory? I thought broscience already proved Gane has an iron chin.

More seriously, after facing JDS, Rozenstruik, Volkov and Lewis, I don't see Gane failing in mma because of a chin issue. He is really good enough to avoid problems (assuming he is chinny which remains to be seen).

Against Ngannou, chin is hardly a factor, everyone will go down if caught.

Its possible I spose Francis just freezes up facing someone with a good jab/lowkick but if he does go after Gane I think thats quite a diffreent challange to people like Lewis, Volkov and Roz who were really waiting for him to give them a counter opening and didnt press him that hard.

The old fight that really comes to mind for me is Crocop vs Aleks, basically a technical kickboxer having to face a big fast guy who really goes for him and doesnt stop and that fight isnt about slowly controling distance and picking away, its about slipping close punches, getting out the back door and landing big shots on the counter.

I mean going from that example I wonder actually whether Gane might be advised to use the bodykick a lot?

What happened to the "skin folds at the back of the head" theory? I thought broscience already proved Gane has an iron chin.

More seriously, after facing JDS, Rozenstruik, Volkov and Lewis, I don't see Gane failing in mma because of a chin issue. He is really good enough to avoid problems (assuming he is chinny which remains to be seen).

Against Ngannou, chin is hardly a factor, everyone will go down if caught.
I could see something happening where he gets brutally koed by Francis which causes him to lose confidence and momentum and then he gets koed by aspinall or Francis again in a rematch. This sport is brutal like that sometimes

He's not wrong. There were probably 4 or 5 KO ending shots in the last Stipe/Frank fight that Stipe didn't even react to. It was nuts considering he got KO'ed cold by Cormier and didn't lose his chin.
That head kick was crazy and he just ate it

Its possible I spose Francis just freezes up facing someone with a good jab/lowkick but if he does go after Gane I think thats quite a diffreent challange to people like Lewis, Volkov and Roz who were really waiting for him to give them a counter opening and didnt press him that hard.

The old fight that really comes to mind for me is Crocop vs Aleks, basically a technical kickboxer having to face a big fast guy who really goes for him and doesnt stop and that fight isnt about slowly controling distance and picking away, its about slipping close punches, getting out the back door and landing big shots on the counter.

I mean going from that example I wonder actually whether Gane might be advised to use the bodykick a lot?
I think throwing kicks on Francis is more dangerous than people seem to think. He's got long arms and can generate ko power with long looping punches. It's a lot easier to get koed by someone like Francis in MMA gloves than it would in a standard kickboxing or Muay Thai fight throwing kicks. Same thing with throwing a jab, it's a lot more dangerous against someone like Francis in an MMA fight who has an overhand from hell than it would be in a regular boxing match

Back