Media Ngannou says that Cyril doesn't have a chin like Stipe

Ngannou's intangibles (aside from his chin) seem to be dreadful: no engine, easily frustrated and demoralised, lacks courage and confidence (at least after a bad loss). He relies on power, size, speed and durability to win fights, which is a very dangerous combination. But fighters like this are always vulnerable to elite technicians with strong chins and good engines.
It took alot of heart for him to get through 5 rds of stipe. He was super gassed and never quit fighting.

I see Sherdog turning on Gane if Francis knocks him out by saying he has the weakest chin in HW

Ngannou's intangibles (aside from his chin) seem to be dreadful: no engine, easily frustrated and demoralised, lacks courage and confidence (at least after a bad loss). He relies on power, size, speed and durability to win fights, which is a very dangerous combination. But fighters like this are always vulnerable to elite technicians with strong chins and good engines.

Francis has heart, lacking confidence after a loss, probably but he always had heart, he did not quit in the first stipe fight, he came back after the lewis loss to eradicate the entire division (ciryl excepted) and he had a whole life full of crazy experiences that most of us cannot barely imagine.
So, he is definetely a courageous and tenacious guy.

Francis has heart, lacking confidence after a loss, probably but he always had heart, he did not quit in the first stipe fight, he came back after the lewis loss to eradicate the entire division (ciryl excepted) and he had a whole life full of crazy experiences that most of us cannot barely imagine.
I mean that he lacks courage relative to other fighters at elite level, not that he's a coward. He didn't quit against Stipe but you could tell that he had no belief that he could win starting in the 2nd round, the confidence and determination had drained out of him. I can't think of a fighter more shell-shocked by a defeat than Ngannou against Lewis. Fair enough that he came back and KO'd Stipe and co. but he was either terrified of getting hit by Lewis, terrified of gassing out again or both. Past form suggests that if you can take Ngannou to that place again, he won't respond well. He's a great on top fighter though and extremely dangerous for the first 1.5 rounds for any mma fighter in history, that's beyond question.

Gane will break Francis and force that quit out of him.

Many seem to mistake Gane's laid back demeanor for a lack of aggression/violence.

Gane on the regional scene, before he had his fundamentals, would just bash his opponents heads into the canvas and hammer first until the ref stopped the fight. His second opponent who had already gotten a DWCS offer and was undefeated never fought again. Would not be surprised if a similar fait befalls Ngannou.

Gane will break Francis and force that quit out of him.

Many seem to mistake Gane's laid back demeanor for a lack of aggression/violence.

Gane on the regional scene, before he had his fundamentals, would just bash his opponents heads into the canvas and hammer first until the ref stopped the fight. His second opponent who had already gotten a DWCS offer and was undefeated never fought again. Would not be surprised if a similar fait befalls Ngannou.
Break him how? Gane doesn't have the skills necessary to break Ngannou. Only way you're breaking Ngannou is a strong wrestling game, and that likely isn't even enough anymore.

Break him how? Gane doesn't have the skills necessary to break Ngannou. Only way you're breaking Ngannou is a strong wrestling game, and that likely isn't even enough anymore.

The same way he broke Derrick Lewis. "Wrestling" is not the only way to fatigue someone in a fight, I don't know where Sherdoggers get the idea that Francis is magically going to have the stamina moving around in the big octagon with Gane who will kick out his legs and at his body/arms.

I honestly think Gane is going to give Ngannou a lot of trouble.
Gane's movement and speed is something I don't think Ngannou has ever seen.
Gane's speed, lateral movement, and his abiltiy to switch stances is going to frustrate Ngannou big time.
He's very agile and is very hard to hit.
He is also able to get inside effectively and get out more than most Ngannou has faced.
Not sure he will have the WILL to be able to take out Ngannou, but I would not be a bit surprised if he schools him for a decision.

Gane's movement and defense is at a VERY high level.

People absolutely hate Francis it seems, lol.

I like both he and Gane. I hope it's a great fight. Both guys are laid back and chill.

All this drama is BS and Gane's coach is it's driving factor.

I'm not getting that same impression.

I like them both too. It's gonna be an epic fight, IMO. Can't wait!

Agreed that coach Lopez is to blame, but I found the way Gane and Ngannou discussed the left high kick to be very interesting and very different from the usual shit talking. Very honest and cordial.

I'm not getting that same impression.

I like them both too. It's gonna be an epic fight, IMO. Can't wait!

I found the way Gane and Ngannou discussed the left high kick to be very interesting and very different from the usual shit talking. Very honest and cordial.

I meant on this forum. People hate and hate on Francis for such petty reasons. He's one of the few fighters who continually gets shit for asking for more money or standing up for himself. He and Gane have no real animosity for each other. You can tell in their interactions.

Says that going into his fight with Stipe he knew Stipe might require several punches to be stopped but that Cyril doesn't have the same chin. Maybe he really did knock out Cyril or has seen him get dropped or wobbled before in training.

He doesn't have to Frankie...does Stipe have the footwork/movement like Gane?

I'm calling a 3rd round tko stoppage win for Gane.

Frank aint hitting him and gets tired.

I meant on this forum. People hate and hate on Francis for such petty reasons. He's one of the few fighters who continually gets shit for asking for more money or standing up for himself. He and Gane have no real animosity for each other. You can tell in their interactions.

Still don't think it's that bad. I think some lf it is just poorely worded criticism and some is just the usual insecure kind of people taking any chance to talk shit about a fighter so they can feel better about themselves. But not really much more than usual, IMO. People who have no problem with Ngannou will probably not really be as vocal, but could very possibly be the majority.

Gane wins this one IMO

francis hits like a Mack truck but if your options are ever superior kickboxer vs brawler ( understatement for frank but still he’s much more of a brawler than gane ) then I recommend picking the boxer.

Ppl are sleeping on ganes clinch, if he’s in trouble or Francis closes the distance I see gane using the clinch some to slow him down and tire him out.

gane wins by decision probably, idk if I see him knocking Francis out.

Gane isn't a coward and POS like Naganu was during the Lewis fight. Unlike Naganu, Gane beat the BB into submission. Meanwhile Naganu put on one of the worst fights in the history in the sport, live in front of my eyes.
Why dont you tell us how you really feel?

But yes, your point is good.

He's not wrong. There were probably 4 or 5 KO ending shots in the last Stipe/Frank fight that Stipe didn't even react to. It was nuts considering he got KO'ed cold by Cormier and didn't lose his chin.
His chin was accustomed from the first fight whereas Gane’s untested chin has never felt the power of his “slight” punches lol

c38644922872cb8d40fb4d4390c194e0.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back